Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

back line support frame for Eidolon-like boss fights?

zoobmer

Question

what is a good support Warframe for Plague Star, Eidolons, Orb Mother, and Ropalolyst, I.E. a Warframe which can stay outside of firing range of the enemy and use abilities to support other team members, as opposed to using weapons.

please note: I can get in range to cast my abilities, but I need to get out of range before the boss has time to attack me. I am 100% incapable of fighting the boss directly.

the meta frame for this purpose seems to be wisp, but she is farmed from the very fights I need to use this frame on, and thus I was wondering if there is any option I won't need to buy with plat.

3 answers to this question

Trinity is usually a good support pick. That or Oberon. Both have long-range healing moves. Trinity offers energy and more heals, whereas Oberon offers some extra CC, Durability and armour strip. Harrow is also support but requires front-line engagement to do his job.

For Eidolons, Limbo can also be a good pick, serving as the 'lure jockey' (player who collects lures and keeps them alive) and for ensuring that the Eidolon doesn't regen any health. Trinity is the go-to pick since she can also heal the team, but if you've discussed beforehand and your team doesn't think they'll need that, Limbo is better at pure Lure Jockeying since he can render them immune to most attacks - with those that can hurt the Lures usually not targeting them, and can have that damage healed off with his Haven Augment. With decent range, you can also drop a cataclysm once all limbs are destroyed and freeze incoming Vomvalysts. It saves some effort, and potentially allows Madurai users to charge void strike in peace.

I'm afraid Ropalolyst will pre-emptively nullify all abilities so you're on your own.

48 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

why does DE insist on repeatedly undermining the core gameplay of Warframe in favor of "possibility space"?

Honestly, I don't even know why they thought they did it.

It's a very random decision that was very poorly received, so I doubt it'll be repeated. I hope not at elast.