Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters Do you use them?. Vapor vs Phase vs Force vs Cosmic?

Tenno76856

29 minutes ago, shadyadie said:

She CAN heal defense objectives... but she won't.

I've gone for Wukong for funzies rather than utlility but if he's just gonna use defy it sounds like I need a new Nidus pal instead. Or Octavia for the beats.

Hmmm sounds like bad luck then. I've been able to predictably trigger Trinity to heal the objective by intentionally dropping my HP. Sometimes you'll need to throw out a new specter to force her to do the heal since she'll prioritize using that when your health is low.

9 hours ago, Zebiko said:

Last time I used one, it bugged out and started to attack me. Don't think DE fixed it.

Sounds like you found the secret mode while in Nightmare Missions.

Use them in anything besides Nightmare....unless you trolling your squad.

I miss using these as much since the PUBs seem to be speed runs and dropping a Spectre just to be yanked out a minute later suckz.

Still make them once a month in case we ever get weekly events again. I want to reattempt the one that gave us the Manics...tried it solo and with a created team and got our buttz kicked sideways.

I actually use them a lot. ember for vapor, trinity for phase, rhino for force, vauban for cosmic. The vauban is funny, throws out lots of bastile but very little tesla balls. Gonna swap him out for wisp. Had an arbi survival with someone's wisp spectre. It was very helpful. Just got to set her in one place, that spectre loves to throw those motes all over the place.

Vapor Nidus with a Hema. Anything sortie level or higher and he never dies, inflicts viral, and gives free ability strength. Good supportive frame, he heals every now and then. Plus as an Oberon player, he simply makes me tankier. Hema is good in general for a specter with that free viral and heals for the specter.

On 2020-02-21 at 8:40 PM, NigglesAU said:

Just wondering how many people actually use them these days?.

I always have a bank of vapor+ phase ones going in the foundry. 

Is it worth investing in Force or Cosmic ones? (prices ramp up)

Reading through the wiki about which one uses what powers....no guarantee they will .....anyone found certain ones better than others?. I love using Saryn WF ..but the specter does pretty much do squat aside from spamming the 2. Frost P one i find handiest (in conjunction with my Mirage..my fav.. yet to complete building my Khora) or Excal.

I use them. All of them. I have close to 100 of each. I dont use them for their Frame abilities though. They are a great distraction for enemies and they actually kill enemies. I use the Zarr on all of my Specters. 

I use vapor specter on Interception mission when I play them solo. (Trinity prime, zhuge prime)

They can easily keep a point alone and give me the time to capture the 3 others

Edited by Yual

I use a Trinity specter with Zarr. She occasionally heals and zaps for a little energy, and provides constant CC via blast procs. If things are getting hot, I'll throw her out with a healer ancient. Enemies have a really hard time dealing with that combo.

Any frame with utility powers that are effective when unmodded, also make for a great specter. Trinity, Hildryn, Octavia, Nidus, Inaros and Revenant are all great options. That new Femmbaun frame looks like she'll be a great specter too, with her orb fountain. If she's cast-happy with it, you'll have an AI partner constantly setting up Energy Conversion for you.

Also, keep in mind that specters cannot suffer self-damage, nor can they damage you in any way. Explosives are totally safe on them.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

If everyone leaves the defense or survival I'm in after xx:xx amount of time I'll drop a 1 or 2 star specter. It stays alive!!! *Rhino Prime*

There's also a bug where if you're alone in a Corpus defense mission with the catwalks above, and you launch a specter, it attacks you!! I haven't tested this thoroughly thou. There may be more conditions.

Edited by (PS4)KillJoyDOD

Nidus specter pretty much is endgame, unless you're  chosen frame doesn't use power strength, he boosts you by about 27%, self heals, I personally have him use scourge for an aoe armor stripping weapon, and hirudo for additional healing.

Edit: this thread gave me the urge to play again, need to minmax my rhino I have planned almost a year and a half ago.

J3SrGFL.png

06njtK5.png

Need that umbra forma and max pax bolt. 

Oh yea.

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

I keep a stockpile of Vapor specters set up with Oberon and a Soma Prime. Not the best, but I've just not been bothered to go back and properly set him up.
I normally park one mid-ship when doing Railjack to serve as a welcoming committee for boarders.

This thread has me thinking now: I need some specter loadout suggestions for a variety of situations.

Railjack Boarding Party Greeter
Point Defense (Defense, Excavation, Kuva Harvester)
Arbitrations
Any use for specters in Defection? (I'm farming for Harrow)
Any use for specters in Disruption? (I loathe this mode so anything to make it less painful would be nice)

I do each time that I gave to do missions where no one joins.  My main vapor specter is an Atlas prime, main reason is the fact that he does his 4th with gives even more friendly NPC presence on the map thus more things for the AI to attack.

Others I have is a Nova Prime and an Octavia.

So I built some a while ago during original railjacks and stuff. But I don't use them. If anything I have about 2000 shield drones I throw down and maybe a ship gunner. 

I should start using them.

I saw someone a long time ago use a Nova specter for slow.

If I wanted to use my slow nova Build, what would be the best way to do this. Which Specter should I make hundreds of and equipt in my gear If I just want her to spam her 4th, (prob equip her with a bramma/lenz ,.catchmoon or sonicor and long blade.) But I only want her 4th really. 

I completely forgot how to setup a specter.