Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo eidolon hunt

LordNero86

After some time building my muscle memory (I recently came back to the game), I think now is the time for me to redo the eidolon hunt. I know the steps (but hopefully wont mess the order: collect lures, fill the lures, keep it alive somehow etc). I used to do it back then around 2 years ago, using chroma vectis solo, operator upgraded with tier 2 amp, magus husk n vigor.

My pc is on it's way to the grave, I know I should upgrade it to something better, still saving, thus I avoid going pub or recruitment chat. Don't want to make them suffer due to me bottlenecking their gameplay

I wonder what's the best frame and weapons to use nowaday to solo it?

Any recommendations? Any frame or weapon setup? 

My goal is to cap all 3 eidolons in a single night

Edited by LordNero86
Dang autocorrect

For fast solo, probably Volt, built around his 3 and a bit of survivability. Bring lots of energy pads. Weapons? Probably your standard Radiation Lanka or Rubico Prime and a good sidearm. Shattering Impact Sarpa optional.

Edit: ah, here's the video I was looking for.

Edited by KnossosTNC

18 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

For fast solo, probably Volt, built around his 3 and a bit of survivability. Bring lots of energy pads. Weapons? Probably your standard Radiation Lanka or Rubico Prime and a good sidearm. Shattering Impact Sarpa optional.

Edit: ah, here's the video I was looking for.

That's one impressive run! Gonna keep the vid, thanks!

Several questions tho:

1. What school is he using? I never touch other school than zenurik lol

2. How to do that operator manouver? With zenurik, at max I can do 5 jumps then wait for recharge. The video shows he can do it indefinitely, and it seems he can go forward and backward in a single key stroke

3. Does sarpa or other gunblades really useful? I find my melee is only useful for vomvalysyt 

7 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

That's one impressive run! Gonna keep the vid, thanks!

Several questions tho:

1. What school is he using? I never touch other school than zenurik lol

2. How to do that operator manouver? With zenurik, at max I can do 5 jumps then wait for recharge. The video shows he can do it indefinitely, and it seems he can go forward and backward in a single key stroke

3. Does sarpa or other gunblades really useful? I find my melee is only useful for vomvalysyt 

1. Madurai. I could tell from the Void Strike icon on the top right. I use Madurai myself, though I hunt with Trinity for a safer and more casual, relaxed 1-set-per-night pace.

2. That's why I said bring lots and lots of energy pads. He had them assigned to a hotkey and spammed them by the bazillions.

3. The Shattering Impact Sarpa is for stripping some (but not all) of the Eidolon's armor and increasing the damage on your sniper rifle. Again, optional, because the raw damage you get from the setup should be enough to overpower the Eidolon's armor.

Edited by KnossosTNC

3 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

1. Madurai. I could tell from the Void Strike icon on the top right. I use Madurai myself, though I hunt with Trinity for a safer and more casual, relaxed 1-set-per-night pace.

2. That's why I said bring lots and lots of energy pads. He had them assigned to a hotkey and spammed them by the bazillions.

3. The Shattering Impact Sarpa is for stripping some (but not all) of the Eidolon's armor and increasing the damage on your sniper rifle. Again, optional, because the raw damage you get from the setup should be enough to overpower the Eidolon's armor.

Ah I see, trin seems to be a safer choice for the lures. I'll check on madurai, I have the school maxed but never touched, opting for zenurik for general gameplay

Hmm... need to practice the going forward and backward that fast then

Thanks for the info

you don't have to do it Solo, if your loading times are unfavorable, that doesn't affect who you Matchmake into(they're already in the Session, they don't have to wait for you), and at the end of the Eidolon set you can Leave Squad and then exit on your own if you don't want to make other people wait.

Volt or Trinity, yeah. faster or safe.
Lanka or Rubico, yes.

don't forget Virtuous Shadow.

Also if you don't want spending energy pizzas in hundreds, you can also choose Oberon or Trinity.

While Volt keeps his lures alive by wrecking the Eidolons faster than they can do any damage to them (which of course requires constant stream of sacrificing pizzas to the Elder Gods), frames like Oberon or Trinity just give lures damage resistance, so you can take whatever time you want to kill the Eidolons.

Playing Volt as the dude did in the video requires a lot of things: maxed out Focus, some Rivens, a ton of polymer bundles, and a bit of luck, as Volt can easily die the stupidest death from AoE should you at least a little bit screw up the timings somewhere. Oberon and Trinity are more forgiving and require less effort unless you're willing to kill Eidolons in dosens during one night.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you don't have to do it Solo, if your loading times are unfavorable, that doesn't affect who you Matchmake into(they're already in the Session, they don't have to wait for you), and at the end of the Eidolon set you can Leave Squad and then exit on your own if you don't want to make other people wait.

Volt or Trinity, yeah. faster or safe.
Lanka or Rubico, yes.

don't forget Virtuous Shadow.

Ah I see, I just don't want to get into a session where I can't help in any way due to the enemy skipping or stuttering. Perhaps my upload/download speed is not the best either

I'm more gravitating towards trin tbh, but oberon with hallowed ground + shield buff can be great too I guess. For the weapon choice, I got lucky getting a rubico riven back then before rubico prime got introduced. So rubico for now

Virtuous shadow, noted

6 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Oberon and Trinity are more forgiving and require less effort unless you're willing to kill Eidolons in dosens during one night.

My game time is limited now, so I don't want to spend too much time on crafting then spend it right away lol. Gonna have a more relaxed one. Another reason not to go for pub or recruitment chat who seems to want to finish the run asap for efficiency

8 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

I'm more gravitating towards trin tbh, but oberon with hallowed ground + shield buff can be great too I guess.

Oberon is not interesting for Solo, the Healing that Oberon can offer is either not useful, or you Kill the Eidolons fast enough that they don't do much Damage to the Lures and so you didn't need any Healing in the first place.
while Smite Infusion is nice, there's better pure Damage options since you can't rely on Renewal to actually keep the Lures safe.

oh, if i assume that little to no Warframe Arcanes are available to you, Vigorous Swap and Rolling Guard might be some Mods of interest for you.
Synth Set is possibly also of interest.

and i forgot to reiterate it earlier but Shattering Impact/Sarpa is a very good idea for Solo, since your access to stacked buffs is much reduced - 6 Bursts from Sarpa is ~4x Damage, which is not bad for essentially free.

If you are doing one trid set in one night, there isn't really any "built-in" need to stress, so the first thing to think of is actually "avoiding stress". Which translates into using stuff you like and are comfortable with (not necessarily what others are using). There are a lot of options when you leave the 3X and higher aspirations aside.

Madurai and maxed Void Strike will give a lot of extra damage power (for shields, synovias and kill shots), and has the added synergy of charging up while in Void mode (when you are mostly immune to the eidolon's attacks). If I remember correctly it's 12% added damage per second you stay cloaked, and by dropping energy pizzas you can stay cloaked basically "for ever". The damage is for the next 8 attacks only, which affects choice of weapons/amp. If you end up using Madurai & Void strike, charging up your damage buff before starting the next eidolon is (in my opinion) more effective than starting it immediately, and especially so with the Gantulyst (allowing you to drop the initial shields very quickly).

When soloing using a combo of Arcane Nullifiers to get 100% Magnetic immunity is really meaningful (also of course in squad hunts). This is so basic it sometimes gets forgotten. 😉 

The rest is mostly about other ways of buffing your damage, handling the vomalysts and keeping the lures alive. Of the "top" eidolon warframes I personally prefer Trinity (no drawbacks and no wtf happened to my lures during the Gantulyst 🙂), but at one point I tested doing trids with several different warframes, even with Limbo (surprisingly not bad at all). Though some are worse than others, my advice would be to stick with a warframe you like and know how to play. Most of the time you'll be in operator mode anyway, but if it gets hectic and crazy (not uncommon when soloing trids 🙂) it's good to be able to rely on spinal reflexes and muscle memory.

A couple of more tips:

Since you mention Chroma, check out using Redeemer (Prime). You can test it on a few Teralysts. This "set" doesn't sync all that well with Madurai/Void Strike, rather it offers another "path to damage". But with melee 3.0 heavy attacks, a rad build (and an optional riven) you can take down eidolons without having to think about ammo or reloading. Takes a bit getting used to (especially the higher up synovias on the big eidolons, but you can drop those with a sniper) and getting the combo counter up to 12X (or not) is both a philosophical question and a challenge.

You can also chose to disregard the need for radiation and use Sarpa to remove all eidolon armor. This removes the approx. 80% damage reduction, while also removing the 75% damage buff from radiation. The best of two worlds is of course "almost removing all armor", which minimizes the eidolon's damage reduction while still keeping the rad buff, but in practice this can be a bit tricky when soloing (at least until you get your moves in order). Without it's armor there is just "robotic flesh" 🙂, so Puncture has the same damage buff as Radiation (25%), and Electricity has double (50%). This way of taking them down syncs quite well with Volt (the 50% Electricity "firing through shield"-buff stacks with number of shields, and there is an additional 2X crit damage bonus).

Edited by Graavarg

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Oberon is not interesting for Solo, the Healing that Oberon can offer is either not useful, or you Kill the Eidolons fast enough that they don't do much Damage to the Lures and so you didn't need any Healing in the first place.
while Smite Infusion is nice, there's better pure Damage options since you can't rely on Renewal to actually keep the Lures safe.

oh, if i assume that little to no Warframe Arcanes are available to you, Vigorous Swap and Rolling Guard might be some Mods of interest for you.
Synth Set is possibly also of interest.

and i forgot to reiterate it earlier but Shattering Impact/Sarpa is a very good idea for Solo, since your access to stacked buffs is much reduced - 6 Bursts from Sarpa is ~4x Damage, which is not bad for essentially free.

Hmmmm... yeah to increase the heal requires a lot more power strength that will jeopardize my build

Almost non existent arcane here lol. I'll try getting rolling guard or vigorous swap

Gotta look on my sarpa then, seems interesting combo for the hunt

39 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

If you are doing one trid set in one night, there isn't really any "built-in" need to stress, so the first thing to think of is actually "avoiding stress". Which translates into using stuff you like and are comfortable with (not necessarily what others are using). There are a lot of options when you leave the 3X and higher aspirations aside.

Madurai and maxed Void Strike will give a lot of extra damage power (for shields, synovias and kill shots), and has the added synergy of charging up while in Void mode (when you are mostly immune to the eidolon's attacks). If I remember correctly it's 12% added damage per second you stay cloaked, and by dropping energy pizzas you can stay cloaked basically "for ever". The damage is for the next 8 attacks only, which affects choice of weapons/amp. If you end up using Madurai & Void strike, charging up your damage buff before starting the next eidolon is (in my opinion) more effective than starting it immediately, and especially so with the Gantulyst (allowing you to drop the initial shields very quickly).

When soloing using a combo of Arcane Nullifiers to get 100% Magnetic immunity is really meaningful (also of course in squad hunts). This is so basic it sometimes gets forgotten. 😉 

The rest is mostly about other ways of buffing your damage, handling the vomalysts and keeping the lures alive. Of the "top" eidolon warframes I personally prefer Trinity (no drawbacks and no wtf happened to my lures during the Gantulyst 🙂), but at one point I tested doing trids with several different warframes, even with Limbo (surprisingly not bad at all). Though some are worse than others, my advice would be to stick with a warframe you like and know how to play. Most of the time you'll be in operator mode anyway, but if it gets hectic and crazy (not uncommon when soloing trids 🙂) it's good to be able to rely on spinal reflexes and muscle memory.

A couple of more tips:

Since you mention Chroma, check out using Redeemer (Prime). You can test it on a few Teralysts. This "set" doesn't sync all that well with Madurai/Void Strike, rather it offers another "path to damage". But with melee 3.0 heavy attacks, a rad build (and an optional riven) you can take down eidolons without having to think about ammo or reloading. Takes a bit getting used to (especially the higher up synovias on the big eidolons, but you can drop those with a sniper) and getting the combo counter up to 12X (or not) is both a philosophical question and a challenge.

You can also chose to disregard the need for radiation and use Sarpa to remove all eidolon armor. This removes the approx. 80% damage reduction, while also removing the 75% damage buff from radiation. The best of two worlds is of course "almost removing all armor", which minimizes the eidolon's damage reduction while still keeping the rad buff, but in practice this can be a bit tricky when soloing (at least until you get your moves in order). Without it's armor there is just "robotic flesh" 🙂, so Puncture has the same damage buff as Radiation (25%), and Electricity has double (50%). This way of taking them down syncs quite well with Volt (the 50% Electricity "firing through shield"-buff stacks with number of shields, and there is an additional 2X crit damage bonus).

Thanks for the tips! That's a lot to process! I'll test it out and hopefully some will stick in my muscle memory

17 hours ago, Graavarg said:

This way of taking them down syncs quite well with Volt (the 50% Electricity "firing through shield"-buff stacks with number of shields, and there is an additional 2X crit damage bonus).

it'll still be preferable in all possible scenarios to leave fractional amounts of Armor, Rad+Ice can just have way more raw Damage than pure Elec could ever have. and even one of Volts' buffs already would merge with any Radiation as it is, and Elec Shield will merge too if it's a Base Elemental Weapon.
if you could change Mods after say, accidentally removing all the Armor then that would help as a mitigating measure(though that's what the plan of 6 Bursts and then leave it alone is for - very simple to apply and hard to make a mistake), though that's not something we can do so shrug.

17 hours ago, LordNero86 said:

Hmmmm... yeah to increase the heal requires a lot more power strength that will jeopardize my build

Oberon would need more than like, 1000% Power Strength to actually be able to reliably protect the Lures anyways - Oberon isn't there for the Lures, but for giving some extra Armor to the Warframes, Status Immunity, and a Damage Buff.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:
22 hours ago, Graavarg said:

This way of taking them down syncs quite well with Volt (the 50% Electricity "firing through shield"-buff stacks with number of shields, and there is an additional 2X crit damage bonus).

it'll still be preferable in all possible scenarios to leave fractional amounts of Armor, Rad+Ice can just have way more raw Damage than pure Elec could ever have. and even one of Volts' buffs already would merge with any Radiation as it is, and Elec Shield will merge too if it's a Base Elemental Weapon.
if you could change Mods after say, accidentally removing all the Armor then that would help as a mitigating measure(though that's what the plan of 6 Bursts and then leave it alone is for - very simple to apply and hard to make a mistake), though that's not something we can do so shrug.

You are right, of course (leaving a bit of armor will always be the most effective option, damage-wise). But since the OP stated he/she wants do one trid in one night, there is lots of room for other options that might generate a more "chill" hunt (even while being a bit less effective). Which is why I was pointing out that prioritizing consistency and safety over speed & damage output/effectiveness is an option.

And while it should be easy to "sarpa" the eidolon (in theory), sometimes things do go a bit haywire, especially when soloing (as everything takes a bit  longer). 

On 2020-02-22 at 4:02 PM, LordNero86 said:

After some time building my muscle memory (I recently came back to the game), I think now is the time for me to redo the eidolon hunt. I know the steps (but hopefully wont mess the order: collect lures, fill the lures, keep it alive somehow etc). I used to do it back then around 2 years ago, using chroma vectis solo, operator upgraded with tier 2 amp, magus husk n vigor.

My pc is on it's way to the grave, I know I should upgrade it to something better, still saving, thus I avoid going pub or recruitment chat. Don't want to make them suffer due to me bottlenecking their gameplay

I wonder what's the best frame and weapons to use nowaday to solo it?

Any recommendations? Any frame or weapon setup? 

My goal is to cap all 3 eidolons in a single night

Chroma / rhino / octavia / mirage with fire proc / or any frame u like. 

- use vazarin

- any weapon u like. My setup : rubico prime. Any secondary with self damage. Redeemer prime. I usually experiment. Last time i just use redeemer but to damage the synovia is abit hard to aim. So i use rubico. 

- helio prime with gladiator set mod. 

For lazzy capture i usually done in 30 - 35 minute.

Edited by superiouz