Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Grendel's Look Please ?

Muntaqueenie

I'll keep this short and to the point. I love Grendel. Not because he is an amazing Warframe or anything, but because of his body type, I always wanted one C H U N K Y Warframe because we had everything from skinny ( Nezha ) to buff ( Rhino ) to extra t h i c c ( Wisp ). Now I don't find Grendel's body type or look as a whole bad, just ONE spot and it just looks gross. His crotch. Pardon my french, but it looks like over-extended foreskin. If DE can somehow rework that and not put it behind a plat payment ( aka a deluxe skin or something ), that would be nice. I always wanted to play as a big boi Warframe but that crotch area just makes me go far far away. Also ruins fashion framing. I know there is a high chance DE may not see this but goddamnit I wish they do because I really just wanna play as a fat character because I too am ( SURPRISE ) xtra thicc, so to see all my friends have Warframes that loosely fit their look and I just sit here with Foreskin Man..... it sucks xD That's why I stick to rhino instead. Please DE I'm sure it may feel a minuscule change but i'm pretty sure it'll be an improvement in everyone's eyes.

20 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Don't look at it.

You act like that's easy to do xD.

20 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

Bruh

Bruh_Momento.mov

19 hours ago, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

uhm I never look at warframes in that way ….

I do.I make/imagine Warframes like characters/ I characterize them quite a bit, I do that by going deep into how they look. For example, I made my Limbo Prime look like a High Class sheriff whereas Mesa Prime is a counter to him by being a menacing bandit. Fashion framing and having a story behind the looks are the only reason I ever go get the Warframes I do, as I like enacting their characters.

16 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't see it that way.

Or at least, I didn't😬

Yeah I can't unsee it neither and it's impossible for me to like him anymore.

16 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Wait for a deluxe skin... for the time being, try your best not to hyper-sexualize and get yourself disgusted by reading into imaginary things like that.

As I replied to a dude above, I like Imagining what a Warframe is like as a human/characterizing them and I do so by looking at every single detail of their looks. Also his horns aren't the same length.

Edited by Muntaqueenie

On 2020-02-22 at 9:28 PM, LascarCapable said:

Bruh

Why not?  It was ok to get Wisp's and Mesa's asses polished, but Grendel is a "nonospot"?

I look at it from "quality" perspective.  And Grendel's model is a VERY low quality one.   From his belly maw detail to his "crotch". Helmet also looks rather lame compared to other, waaaay more detailed frames like Gauss.

So why the fuc not?  I say YES.   Grendel is the only Fatframe we have, so why not make him look a bit more bearable?

6 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Why not?  It was ok to get Wisp's and Mesa's asses polished, but Grendel is a "nonospot"?

I look at it from "quality" perspective.  And Grendel's model is a VERY low quality one.   From his belly maw detail to his "crotch". Helmet also looks rather lame compared to other, waaaay more detailed frames like Gauss.

So why the fuc not?  I say YES.   Grendel is the only Fatframe we have, so why not make him look a bit more bearable?

I concur ! He maybe the ONLY fatframe we may ever get, it'd be nice to have him polished overall but most importantly.... his damn crotch ! It's fine if the helmet doesnt get reworked because nightwave may introduce easy to acquire alternatives but if I were to change anything about his helmet, his horns would be my first concern.... ffs they arent even the same length xD

4 hours ago, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

I still only see a belt …..

Then you sir are not me xD nor every single wf friend that I have pointed out the 'belt' to ! But to each his own ^ _ ^

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Even through I don`t agree with the post since it`s not a issue (no seriously there`s no issue) the "rework Grendel" part I agree with. Here is a post I put up, you can skip to the Grendel ideas.

Shameless plug is shameless. Jkjk xD, also you should realize things like appearance is very subjective, what may look like something to a million people may look like something else to a single other person. So far out of all 48 people I've met irl and talked to about his crotch and overall design, all of them A see his crotch in a disgusted way now and B agrees that he needs some polishing.

Also guys overall, please don't think I'm dissing DE, I really love Warframe and DE, latter more than the former sometimes. But this is called the feedback section, and what I've suggested is an honest ( yet a really meme-worded ) post. I really hope that DE gets to reworking his looks because I really was excited to see a fatframe get into the game, no joke I literally only started playing warframe again JUST because of the announcement along with gauss, so if it doesn't mean nothing to you, this aint the post for you. But for the people that have similar outlooks on all this, stick around and try and make it apparent to DE.

5 hours ago, zioxei said:

Hold up. You guys actually use Grendel?

Would love to but still need to reach arbitration, and before you say it I dont go get warframes based on their ratings on tier lists or META-ness, I go get em because of how the look or how they are described to be/characterized. If you do, then it's fine, warframe is MEANT to be played in different ways with different mindsets and end goals ^ _ ^.