Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow is the hardest to get warframe [rant kinda....]

(PSN)omgthat132

Ive been playing defection  on saturn for the past 2 days.I wanted to farm harrow systems and non stop played this mode for like 10+ hours   (in both days). I did squads and solo 20-40 minutes per game.The chance of getting harrow systrems is around 11% on roation C and a bit lower <7%  not only this game is boring but its repetetive it made me hate infested

I know your probably thinking that im running a bad setup thats why im hating on infested and the mode. 

But my setup is fine i run equinox mend and rest so i could move the survivors without them ever stoping im also using a skijati or whatever you call that umbra nikana,with max attack speed with blood rush and crit enhancing mods and some 60/60 mods. 60/60 because i havent invested forma in it

I also when i played with squads i reqruited people just for the farm asked them to equip heal or defensive warfames.

My health feels more and more worse sitting there trying my best to get harrow systems. im getting a full ash set from all those mimics that im killing. 

I feel like its better to just buy the frame than to farm it which indicates SOMETHING is wrong about the farm

The reason i cant stop is because there is one part left and im feel encoureged to get it but its really draining me slowly

And this is not the best part the best part is the AI i wont get into much because i will go off the topic

Basically it gets stuck and you cant fix unless you got loki which is not suitible for this gamemode. And you have to leave it dying.And the stupid path they take which makes the game longer.

I usually get lucky with drops but this one and khora  are the most hardest grinds of my entire games lifespan.

Thank god i got 75%coupon and bought khora

Hope someone reads this 

Edited by (PS4)omgthat132
grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)omgthat132 said:

Ive been playing defection  on saturn for the past 2 days.I wanted to farm harrow systems

Yup, Defection fahakkkking suuuucks. Everyone hates the mode, nobody plays it. It's up there with that god-awful Nidus mission where you have to win at index but if you are ahead by too much you instantly lose 160k credits.

5 hours ago, (PS4)omgthat132 said:

I thought this was about Harrow?

Khora sucks too, thanks to a shockingly poor drop rate from ESO.

On the plus side, we're on console, every now and again we get 75% off anything - I use that to buy particularly obnoxious frames like Harrow and Nidus.

Looks like You never seen Nidus farming before, 14.29% for 1 part chance once every 20 minutes and I need 3 on a boring gamemode that is mostly about babysitting on a very small tileset? Yeah no thanks I would throw money at DE than farming on this crap.

Edited by DrivaMain

15 hours ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

secondly I only got smoking body ephemera after 9-10 months of it been released 🙂 and only 2 ephemeras after about 70 or 80 liches 🙂 utter garbage drop RNG.

Wouldn’t see Utter Garbage RNG if you haven’t went to farming and getting Blazing Step Ephemera at ESO. 

Things like this you need to space out. It will burn you out otherwise. I took turns for Ivara, Khora, Harrow, and Nidus parts by doing the missions once each time I played. It took some time, but it's much less frustrating than doing the same thing over and over. Currently still doing this for the last Gauss part.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

No. All of the missions you do AFTER the Arbitrations where you're fighting high level enemies in endless missions with no mods on your warframe or weapons. 

I take it you haven't actually done them yet. Lol

Yeah, haven't cleared the star chart yet. Still working on Sedna and Eris, as well as some archwing missions.

6 minutes ago, Blocker306 said:

Yeah, haven't cleared the star chart yet. Still working on Sedna and Eris, as well as some archwing missions.

Ah. Yeah, the arbitrations are needed to get the beacons, or whatever they were called, for the missions for Grendel's specific parts. 

Those missions are a defense, a survival, and an excavation with high level enemies. The difficult part is that none of your equipped mods work except warframe augments. So you're basically naked. 

On 2020-02-22 at 10:49 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Hardest? Grendel says hi. 

Hildryn, Kronen Prime, Kuva Nukor and Stinger say "hi" back 🙂.

But yeah, I tried a couple of other options first, and those missions are pretty nasty if you don't have an appropriate loadout.

On 2020-02-22 at 6:12 PM, (PS4)omgthat132 said:

i run equinox mend and rest so i could move the survivors without them ever stoping im also using a skijati

I used Oberon with Rage + Hunter Adrenaline, and Ignis (yawn) Wraith. Just keep Renewal active, and it's a sleepwalk.

Still a large time investment, but very little attention needed. For the tedious grinds I just need that, plus a good playlist and I can kinda zen out through the process. YMMV.

thats why im hating on infested

Yeah, the Hema farm turned me off that faction, the Harrow farm extended the feeling.

The reason i cant stop is because there is one part left and im feel encoureged to get it but its really draining me slowly

Stick with it... or do something else for a while, and come back to it... you'll get there in the end 🙂.

On 2020-02-22 at 4:49 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Takes a lot of effort? Maybe. 

Glad I’m used to using a naked frame(modless) when I first started. Cause I got Grendel’s parts in less than an hour. Wasn’t that hard to me. Challenging maybe. But definitely was not time consuming like Harrow was when I first farmed for him. 

On 2020-02-22 at 12:12 PM, (PS4)omgthat132 said:

Ive been playing defection  on saturn for the past 2 days.I wanted to farm harrow systems and non stop played this mode for like 10+ hours   (in both days). I did squads and solo 20-40 minutes per game.The chance of getting harrow systrems is around 11% on roation C and a bit lower <7%  not only this game is boring but its repetetive it made me hate infested

I know your probably thinking that im running a bad setup thats why im hating on infested and the mode. 

But my setup is fine i run equinox mend and rest so i could move the survivors without them ever stoping im also using a skijati or whatever you call that umbra nikana,with max attack speed with blood rush and crit enhancing mods and some 60/60 mods. 60/60 because i havent invested forma in it

I also when i played with squads i reqruited people just for the farm asked them to equip heal or defensive warfames.

My health feels more and more worse sitting there trying my best to get harrow systems. im getting a full ash set from all those mimics that im killing. 

I feel like its better to just buy the frame than to farm it which indicates SOMETHING is wrong about the farm

And this is not the best part the best part is the AI i wont get into much because i will go off the topic

Basically it gets stuck and you cant fix unless you got loki which is not suitible for this gamemode. And you have to leave it dying.And the stupid path they take which makes the game longer.

I usually get lucky with drops but this one and khora  are the most hardest grinds of my entire games lifespan.

Hope someone reads this 

I got his systems rather quickly. Still took a few games. But his Helmet was a pain in wisp’s... you know what I mean. I played Kuva Spy 100 times, literally, before I finally got it. While a buddy of mine got it in 1 attempt. Lucky mo.... ....er.

But I absolutely refused to buy my frames. I bought 1 frame which was octavia cause when she first came out the music room NEVER SPAWNED. I killed like 1,000 sentients and collected like 100 systems trying to find that music room. After a week’s worth of no luck I finally had enough and used the 75% off coupon I luckily got to buy her. A week later the music room starts spawning. 

New relics tend to have poor RNG too. Feel like DE does that on purpose so that impatient players would be more willing to spend cash buying the new stuff instead of just farming/grinding for them. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

On 2020-02-22 at 11:49 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Takes a lot of effort? Maybe. 

My thoughts exactly!

It's worth it tho, even if you have little time to play, it's something to achieve, in the "endgame" u'd regret the purchase.

To me it's more about making the grind fun, thing for which DE gives you the instruments and resources BUT not an instruction manual or good examples or even incentivizing those more fun ways to play...