Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game-Breaking Bug


(NSW)FlameDivinity
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was in a Solo mode capture mission trying to get the last tiny bit of exp Helene cucked my Plasmor from. I used transference (which we all know if glitch filled and has been since conception), and my Arca Plasmor went unusable. Like it was unequipped, but still showed in the player equipment UI. My Nezha was in his base animation, nothing in hand. I tried falling off an edge - nope. transference like 10 times- nope. And then an acolyte spawned so I could actually die in that mission. I let myself die and - nope. Nothing. No way to complete the mission or get any exp since capture targets are immune to WF abilities (immunity to WF abilities is a horrible, horrible, contradictory mechanic that needs to be removed, and replaced with something that clearly supersedes the intellect of the devs at DE). Honestly I'm just #*!%ing annoyed at this point with all the bugs in this grindfest.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I used transference (which we all know if glitch filled and has been since conception)

I actually didn't know that. Transference works fine for me, because as we all know Transference is the process of an Operator controlling a Warframe.
And even if you wanted to say that you used your Operator outside of your Warframe, then even that isn't glitched for me.

All in all all of that sounds like bad preparation on your end. Why did you only bring your Arca Plasmor and no other weapon?

And instead of reposting it, you should properly describe what happened and how it's reproduced. DE can't fix something they don't know how it occured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I actually didn't know that. Transference works fine for me, because as we all know Transference is the process of an Operator controlling a Warframe.
And even if you wanted to say that you used your Operator outside of your Warframe, then even that isn't glitched for me.

All in all all of that sounds like bad preparation on your end. Why did you only bring your Arca Plasmor and no other weapon?

And instead of reposting it, you should properly describe what happened and how it's reproduced. DE can't fix something they don't know how it occured.

Transference has had glitches in the past on PC, and is currently very glitchy on Switch.

Also, If this is the bug I think it is, bringing another weapon would have done nothing. When this bug triggers, you cannot fire any weapons or use melee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Transference has had glitches in the past on PC, and is currently very glitchy on Switch.

Also, If this is the bug I think it is, bringing another weapon would have done nothing. When this bug triggers, you cannot fire any weapons or use melee.

Possible, but then OP should have said all that. But instead of properly describing what happened they just went on to rant about things... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-02-22 at 1:50 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Transference has had glitches in the past on PC, and is currently very glitchy on Switch.

Also, If this is the bug I think it is, bringing another weapon would have done nothing. When this bug triggers, you cannot fire any weapons or use melee.

I can confirm it locks all weapon use. I replicated it once I was done leveling my plasmor.

If you know about the bug, could you please explain it in more detail?

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I can confirm it locks all weapon use. I replicated it once I was done leveling my plasmor.

If you know about the bug, could you please explain it in more detail?

It only occurred very rarely on PC, and was relatively soon after it started, but I do know a little bit about it.

First, it happens because the game thinks you are in your operator form when you aren't. This typically occurs after using transference in quick succession (I.E., enter operator, dash once for Zenuric, leave operator, all within ~2 seconds). It happens more often if in a multiplayer setting with lag, but can happen on single player if the game itself lags (which is why it still happens on Switch). The reason below the surface is that scripts that handle switching between operator and warframe were broken from being called in quick succession

Second, the reason none of your abilities or weapons work is because operators equip special 'weapons' (your 'melee' blast and your amp) and de-equip them when they re-enter the warframe. When this bug happens, the amp and melee are removed and your normal weapons equipped, but some of the scripts associated with said weapons break because "you're still in operator form", thus preventing weapons from firing. This, in turn, breaks most other scripts involved with weapons, which results in Amps being inoperable as well. Likewise, being in operator form locks the use of all of your warframe powers, and the game thinks you are in operator mode the whole time. Note that sometimes only one of these will stop working (I.E. you can still use weapons but not abilities, or vice versa), because only some of the transference scripts broke (meaning the game sees you as being an operator in some regards and a warframe in others). Sometimes weapons are not even equipped, and you wind up in an un-equipped state.

Now, if the scripts are broken, why can you use transference and swap weapons? Because the scripts for swapping weapons simply looks at what is equipped, and not what form you are in, because changing form de-equips and re-equips weapons. Thus, if the scrip for equipping weapons still works, the swapping script still works, even if the firing script is broken. Likewise, if the script for transference isn't broken, then that will continue to work (sometimes this bug can also prevent transference after it occurs).

So yeah, the reason behind all of it is the game choking on some lag and messing up some scripts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-02-23 at 8:51 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It only occurred very rarely on PC, and was relatively soon after it started, but I do know a little bit about it.

First, it happens because the game thinks you are in your operator form when you aren't. This typically occurs after using transference in quick succession (I.E., enter operator, dash once for Zenuric, leave operator, all within ~2 seconds). It happens more often if in a multiplayer setting with lag, but can happen on single player if the game itself lags (which is why it still happens on Switch). The reason below the surface is that scripts that handle switching between operator and warframe were broken from being called in quick succession

Second, the reason none of your abilities or weapons work is because operators equip special 'weapons' (your 'melee' blast and your amp) and de-equip them when they re-enter the warframe. When this bug happens, the amp and melee are removed and your normal weapons equipped, but some of the scripts associated with said weapons break because "you're still in operator form", thus preventing weapons from firing. This, in turn, breaks most other scripts involved with weapons, which results in Amps being inoperable as well. Likewise, being in operator form locks the use of all of your warframe powers, and the game thinks you are in operator mode the whole time. Note that sometimes only one of these will stop working (I.E. you can still use weapons but not abilities, or vice versa), because only some of the transference scripts broke (meaning the game sees you as being an operator in some regards and a warframe in others). Sometimes weapons are not even equipped, and you wind up in an un-equipped state.

Now, if the scripts are broken, why can you use transference and swap weapons? Because the scripts for swapping weapons simply looks at what is equipped, and not what form you are in, because changing form de-equips and re-equips weapons. Thus, if the scrip for equipping weapons still works, the swapping script still works, even if the firing script is broken. Likewise, if the script for transference isn't broken, then that will continue to work (sometimes this bug can also prevent transference after it occurs).

So yeah, the reason behind all of it is the game choking on some lag and messing up some scripts.

Thank you so much for clearing it up. My specific issue is my weapons being de-equipped while my abilities stay active.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...