Making Valkyr more Useful or "Valkyr Rework"

Kylo.

Add an "Angriness-bar"
    Starts at 0%, maximum of 100%
    Gain "Angriness" by taking damage
        2% Damage taken of maximum combined shield and health -> 1% Angriness
Passive: "Build-in Handspring"

1:
New Ability, damage taken is converted to health or energy.
    Damage taken to shield is converted to health at a rate of 200%
        Rate is inversely affected by Efficiency
    Damage taken to health is converted to energy at a rate of 30%
        Rate is inversely affected by Efficiency
    While Ability active increase Damage taken -> Angriness conversion by 100%

2:
Warcry,
Applies buff to self and debuff to enemies, pulsates to reapply buff or debuff
    Buff: 50% Armour and Melee Attack Speed increase
        Buff is affected by Strength, Angriness-bar" affects range
    Debuff: 30% Speed Reduction
        Debuff is affected by Strength, Angriness-bar" affects range
    Pulsates every 10 Seconds to reapply buff to enemies and allies in range
        Frequency of pulse is inversely affected by duration and range is affected by "Angriness-bar" 

3:
Paralysis
, stuns enemies, steals their defences and marks enemies for life steal
    Stuns enemies in a range
        Stunned enemies have their defences (shield and armour) stolen
            Percentage of defences to be stolen is affected by "Angriness-Bar"
        Stunned enemies are marked
            Marked enemies are eligible for Life Steal for a duration when hit by Valkyr's Talons
                Duration is affected by duration
        Range is affected by range        

4:
Hysteria
, Exalted Ability, depends on "Angriness-Bar"
     Only usable when "Angriness-Bar" is filled, Critical Chance of 80% and Critical Damage 3x (Competes with Baruuk's Desert Wind, Desert Wind got range, Valkyr's Claws get the damage)
         Damage is affected by "Angriness-Bar" and Strength
         Drains the "Angriness-Bar", duration & efficiency affect the drain.
         Doesn't have Life Steal anymore 

In Cooperation with @Simmml Read his Mag Guide

Thank you for coming to my TED-Talk

• Like 1

my take on valkyr rework

passive: attack speed buff that stacks with enemies killed up to 30% and at 55% knockdown recovery, you need to kill 5 people to fully stack the buff, last 30 seconds before expiring (gives range up to 2 meters to valkyr talons

1: ripline is now: a toggled abilty that is a stacking buff stat gives generic damage boost up to 100% stacks with strength it doesnt drain energy x second but you need to kill enemies to stack the buff, lasts 30 sec before expiring

2:warcry: toggled ability that doesnt drain energy x second but needs to be stacked like ripline, gives attack speed 30%(scales with power strength) and stacking damage reduction up to 40% (scales with power strength up to max 85%)

3: paralysis: unchanged

4: hysteria: no more invulnerability, gives 13% damage reduction, no more drain but has a set duration, talons gain range that stacks with the number of enemies killed and  10% life steal

valkyr talons get a 15% status chance buff

Edited by Sharkgoblin
  • Like 1

The main issue with Valkyr is, that she lacks group utility. If she would be bring something to the table like Rhino's Roar or Volt's Electric Shield, she would see a lot more use.

For example with Hysteria active she gets lifesteal, but could project part of the life energy she took as healing aura around her.

28 minutes ago, Prexades said:

The main issue with Valkyr is, that she lacks group utility. If she would be bring something to the table like Rhino's Roar or Volt's Electric Shield, she would see a lot more use.

Her second and third ability would be useful in my rework.

I like the new passive, however your placeholder name is bad, I'm sorry but it is.  How about calling it the "Indignation meter"
Indignation: Anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair Treatment. It sounds cooler, and fits her lore pretty well.

I'm not sure how any of this makes her "usefulness" increase. All this effectively does is replace her 1 with a generic berserker mechanic, removes the ability to freely use talons and shifts the ability to use talons as sustain to her 3rd ability, and turns her 2nd ability into an aura. End result is she is worse to play, and doesn't offer anything meaningful that another Warframe wouldn't.

May as well just have DE release a male counterpart that is a less durable berserker with an axe or something.

interesting proposal. personally I still find your hysteria underwhelming, as Desert Wind would still be preferred because the energy waves can hit groups of enemy and out dpm hysteria claws in most normal <150lvl content. Another reason why the claws are bad is the abysmal status chance. Third and biggest problem is the inability to equip acolyte mods like blood rush ( I know there's workaround but the point still stands).

I like the idea of removing the invincibility but I think a 50-90% damage reduction affected by ability strength ( or anger meter?) would be nice to have.

also the current passive is what you've proposed but with the addition of no superhero landing when falling from high places

Edited by _Urakaze_

Throw out her 1st and 3rd ability and make the augment of her 4th be part of the ability.

The 3rd ability could be anything basically since even with her augment enemies behind cover just don't give a #*!%. And without the augment they also don't give #*!% and they will go on doing their thing. Esentially the 3rd ability is the worst ability in the entire game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prexades said:

For example with Hysteria active she gets lifesteal, but could project part of the life energy she took as healing aura around her.

You mean like enemy defense reduction and slow? Sounds like good group support to me.

14 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

I'm not sure how any of this makes her "usefulness" increase. All this effectively does is replace her 1 with a generic berserker mechanic, removes the ability to freely use talons and shifts the ability to use talons as sustain to her 3rd ability, and turns her 2nd ability into an aura. End result is she is worse to play, and doesn't offer anything meaningful that another Warframe wouldn't.

May as well just have DE release a male counterpart that is a less durable berserker with an axe or something.

Literally every single ability of hers becomes better, ignoring Hysteria. Sitting in Hysteria all the time is boring and S#&amp;&#036;. Press 4 to win shouldn't be a thing. Work for your invulnerability and use the 'Oh S#&amp;&#036;' button as it should be used. In OH S#&amp;&#036; moments.

5 hours ago, _Urakaze_ said:

interesting proposal. personally I still find your hysteria underwhelming, as Desert Wind would still be preferred because the energy waves can hit groups of enemy and out dpm hysteria claws in most normal <150lvl content. Another reason why the claws are bad is the abysmal status chance. Third and biggest problem is the inability to equip acolyte mods like blood rush ( I know there's workaround but the point still stands).

I like the idea of removing the invincibility but I think a 50-90% damage reduction affected by ability strength ( or anger meter?) would be nice to have.

also the current passive is what you've proposed but with the addition of no superhero landing when falling from high places

You don't need status chance since you can strip defenses. YOu just need a S#&amp;&#036;load of damage to shred health. You're welcome. And you can use her paralysis + augment to bunch them up. Nothing wrong with a frame being anti single hard hitting target either. I like the passive addition you mentioned. She's a cat after all. Good job.

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Throw out her 1st and 3rd ability and make the augment of her 4th be part of the ability.

The 3rd ability could be anything basically since even with her augment enemies behind cover just don't give a #*!%. And without the augment they also don't give #*!% and they will go on doing their thing. Esentially the 3rd ability is the worst ability in the entire game.

Her third ability is nice now. And it would be awesome with this rework. The end.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Simmml said:

Her third ability is nice now. And it would be awesome with this rework. The end

No her 3rd is literally garbage. 

The only way to make it somewhat worth it is by using the augment but even with that if there's a tiny dust particle between you and the enemy, the enemy won't be effected by the ability.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

No her 3rd is literally garbage. 

The only way to make it somewhat worth it is by using the augment but even with that if there's a tiny dust particle between you and the enemy, the enemy won't be effected by the ability.

Did you read the OP?

23 minutes ago, Simmml said:

Literally every single ability of hers becomes better, ignoring Hysteria.

Valkyr as a whole doesn't become any better, which was my point. The only net positive to the Warframe as a whole is making her buff an aura, and even then, that's not always a positive for the group. The proposed changes in the grand scheme of things is just shifting mechanics from Hysteria to other abilities, with one of them still requiring Hysteria anyways. Hysteria is also the main reason for needing extra energy, meaning with limited use on that, any extra energy from proposed 1 is useless, the extra armor from proposed 3 is pointless when she already gets high armor, and then more of it from her 2nd skill, and proposed 1st skill makes her take more damage which is conflicting design.

The proposed rage meter, is as I said, a generic copy/paste system from Berserker classes in MMORPGs that would be better suited for a new melee oriented Warframe.

27 minutes ago, Simmml said:

Sitting in Hysteria all the time is boring and S#&amp;&#036;. Press 4 to win shouldn't be a thing. Work for your invulnerability and use the 'Oh S#&amp;&#036;' button as it should be used. In OH S#&amp;&#036; moments.

I don't use Hysteria other than for specific situations, such as dodging guaranteed 1 shots, rad procs, or if it would kill a specific enemy quicker than the equipped melee weapon.

Valkyr's Rip Line should really just pull her to the target, and extending out to enemies within xx range pulling them to her target as well, and changing how Rip Line pulls her when it hits terrain. Her 2nd ability could be changed to be allowed to be recast, with quicker cast times if she currently still has the buff herself, the slow debuff would be removed from the ability entirely and the defense buff for allies could be improved to a flat armor value, or based on how much armor the Valkyr has. The 3rd ability would just inherit the slow that was removed from the 2nd ability, with what ever other effects that could be applied, and the augment obviously changed to fit the changes.

At least these changes give her abilities that work with her melee play style, and abilities that flow together, jump on a target and bundle enemies together->slow them->beat them up with melee weapon (or guns). 

• Like 1

4分钟前 , Yamazuki 说:

Valkyr as a whole doesn't become any better, which was my point. The only net positive to the Warframe as a whole is making her buff an aura, and even then, that's not always a positive for the group. The proposed changes in the grand scheme of things is just shifting mechanics from Hysteria to other abilities, with one of them still requiring Hysteria anyways. Hysteria is also the main reason for needing extra energy, meaning with limited use on that, any extra energy from proposed 1 is useless, the extra armor from proposed 3 is pointless when she already gets high armor, and then more of it from her 2nd skill, and proposed 1st skill makes her take more damage which is conflicting design.

1. extra energy benefits her new 3, which seems like OP intent players to spam it for life steal and debuff (and shield + armor which kind of complements 1)
2. extra armor is always good. With mods alone Valkyr is tanky but not tanky enough to sustain in high level environments especially railjack enemies, so more armor is always good
3. so with all that 1 seems reasonable when you want to gain energy faster (whether through 'rage' mods or her 1) (depends on the ability able to toggle off manually)

to me her 4 is still a bit underwhelming. I said status is important is also partly due to condition overload, which her claws can't really benefit from and can make a huge difference in damage, second is again range. It would be better if her 4's augment is now default so she has a gap closer. A new augment could be like:

drain extra rage meter to absorb incoming damage (75%-90% DR scaling with power strength) so players have a choice with losing a mod slot for the pseudo invincibility.

one thing i see valkyr lacks is no synergy at all with her abilities...

But i do have some ideas for synergies...

Ripline

Now drops the enemy in front of valkyr, with a less aggressive ragdoll too

Opens enemies up to finishers

Synergy:

Killing enemies with finishers that are opened up by ripline using Hysteria will fully reset the increasing energy drain. Also resets the aura back to 5m.

Warcry

Buff range now uses affinity range,debuff range remains the same though

Synergy

If Paralysis affects enemies that are already affected by Warcry, they will be 100% more vulnerable to damage, bonus is affected by ability strength

Paralysis

Range increased to 15m

Stunt now has duration of 8 seconds,affected by ability duration

,Synergy

If Paralysis affects enemies that are already affected by Warcry, they will be 100% more vulnerable to damage, bonus is affected by ability strength

Hysteria

Max energy drain reduced to 10/s

For every enemy killed,allies within affinity range will be granted +25% melee bonus damage for 5 seconds,timer resets every time valkyr gets a kill. Bonus is affected by ability strength,but duration is not affected by ability duration.

Synergy:

Killing enemies with finishers that are opened up by ripline using Hysteria will fully reset the increasing energy drain. Also resets the aura back to 5m.

Edited by DarthIronclad
  • Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb AzureTerra:

She doesn't need "group utility" She does her kit very well and her kit isn't buffing the group (aside from that she does that anyway with warcry to some extent)

I respectfully disagree, because she is one of the least used primed warframes. Yes, she is great at melee, but that is the only thing. She doesn't support a group in any meaningful way. She also does not have much to offer for playing solo since most other frames have at least some AoE to make it easier to deal with groups.

On 2020-02-22 at 9:03 PM, Kylo. said:

Add an "Angriness-bar"

Why?

1:
New Ability, damage taken is converted to health or energy.

So you delete an ability in order to make a passive ability with a toggle to make the passive be stronger passive?

2:
Warcry,
Applies buff to self and debuff to enemies, pulsates to reapply buff or debuff

If Eternal War wasn't snooze enough this'll fix it! You literally just have to press it once!

3:
Paralysis
, stuns enemies, steals their defences and marks enemies for life steal

The most useful change of them all, but it most likely would just end up being unnecessary. Stealing defenses? For how long? Until the enemies die?
Marks enemies for lifesteal when hit by Valkyr's talons? So it wont mark them, because the enemies will die when hit.

4:
Hysteria
, Exalted Ability, depends on "Angriness-Bar"
     Only usable when "Angriness-Bar" is filled, Critical Chance of 80% and Critical Damage 3x (Competes with Baruuk's Desert Wind, Desert Wind got range, Valkyr's Claws get the damage)
         Damage is affected by "Angriness-Bar" and Strength
         Drains the "Angriness-Bar", duration & efficiency affect the drain.
         Doesn't have Life Steal anymore 

Buffing an ability because "Baruuk's exalted is stronger", nerfing the ability for no reason, making it work ONLY if you have full passive meter.
Not a good thing.

I'd rate this suggestion 2/10.
Making a bar for the sake of making a bar, changing two of her abilities to literally be passives, and the other two abilities are changed for the sake of changing and buffing for no reason.

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

I respectfully disagree, because she is one of the least used primed warframes. Yes, she is great at melee, but that is the only thing. She doesn't support a group in any meaningful way. She also does not have much to offer for playing solo since most other frames have at least some AoE to make it easier to deal with groups.

She doesn't "need" to support a group in any meaningful way. You don't need an AoE ability similarly because weapon choices cover those gaps in frames that don't have (and don't need) them. If you so choose to play without those weapon options that is a choice you have made to affect your play style not a issue with the frame. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb AzureTerra:

She doesn't "need" to support a group in any meaningful way. You don't need an AoE ability similarly because weapon choices cover those gaps in frames that don't have (and don't need) them. If you so choose to play without those weapon options that is a choice you have made to affect your play style not a issue with the frame. 

You are also acknowledging that Valkyr is a poor choice in almost any situation, but somehow defend it, because it is still a choice.

Technically we could also play a completely blank warframe that has only mod slots but no abilities. Yes, I could make that 'choice', but it wouldn't be a good idea or even something that makes sense.

11 hours ago, Derium-Envy said:

So you delete an ability in order to make a passive ability with a toggle to make the passive be stronger passive?

An Ability that had no use into a new ability that has no toggle.

Literally works the same Wukong's or Harrow's damage absorption abilities work.

The most useful change of them all, but it most likely would just end up being unnecessary. Stealing defenses? For how long? Until the enemies die?
Marks enemies for lifesteal when hit by Valkyr's talons? So it wont mark them, because the enemies will die when hit.

Yes until they die, as I have not stated otherwise. They are marked and if hit by the talons it applies life steal.

Buffing an ability because "Baruuk's exalted is stronger", nerfing the ability for no reason, making it work ONLY if you have full passive meter.

Buffing and nerfing in the same sentence, that is interesting.

I rate your reading comprehension 2/10. 

Edited by Kylo.
First Ability added example