Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Glaive-Type Weapons Bug(s)

Auphorion

I have identified an issue where Glaive-type weapons are unable to be thrown when they would normally be thrown while dual wielding. This is independent of stance (occurs both with and without stances), and when the weapon has mods on it that are > +75% attack speed and with Berserker proc'd to 75% increase. 

I was able to reproduce it easily on the Glaive Prime, Cerata, Falcor. Using Primed Fury and Gladiator Vice (Both Max rank) produces a 55% + 30% attack speed increase (+85%), and the issue started occurring once Berserker hit 75%. I was dual wielding, and holding the melee key after Berserker is at 75% causes a close quarters melee attack to be done instead of throwing; it is not possible to throw the glaive until Berserker is no longer at 75%.

In addition to the above issue, it is no longer possible to throw Glaive-type weapons by simply holding the melee button (outside of the dual wielding option). I'm not certain if this is a bug or intended change, but regardless of which one it is, I really hope that the ability to throw the Glaive quickly by simply holding the melee button makes a return, because it was a fantastic feature that seamlessly integrated both close quarters and ranged combat in one weapon - much like the gunblades easily do today. 

• 1 month later...

Ever since Melee 3.0, Glaive Type weapons can only be thrown via the heavy attack. Since hold melee to heavy atk has been removed in one of the recent updates, you can no longer hold to throw the glaive. Don't think that has anything to do with atk speed modifiers. 

On 2020-03-28 at 4:54 PM, --DSP--Snap47 said:

Ever since Melee 3.0, Glaive Type weapons can only be thrown via the heavy attack. Since hold melee to heavy atk has been removed in one of the recent updates, you can no longer hold to throw the glaive. Don't think that has anything to do with atk speed modifiers. 

Then why does it throw the Glaive when dual wielding and holding the melee key without berserker proc'd? 

Edit: Ahh, realized you were not responding to the dual-wield part of my post, and only the hold to throw when wielding only the glaive-type weapon. Either way though, the dual-wield throw isn't working as intended. 

Edited by Auphorion
Realized reply context was different than I originally believed

On 2020-04-01 at 1:09 AM, Auphorion said:

Then why does it throw the Glaive when dual wielding and holding the melee key without berserker proc'd? 

Edit: Ahh, realized you were not responding to the dual-wield part of my post, and only the hold to throw when wielding only the glaive-type weapon. Either way though, the dual-wield throw isn't working as intended. 

No worries, should've clarified in my original post as well.

However, I can confirm that the issue with attack speed modifiers effectively disabling the thrown mechanic when dual wielding a Glaive + Sidearm does exist as of 27.3.7. 

It would seem that this has something to do with how the game is currently coded to recognize player input under the influence of active attack speed modifiers:

For example, let's say that the Hold to Throw mechanic is reading player holding the Melee button for 0.3 seconds - any input shorter than 0.3 will be considered as a normal attack. However, under attack speed modifiers, the game has to lower that threshold to ensure faster attacks can be delivered. The problem arises when the game seemingly have a cap as to how much lower that threshold can go for both the Hold to Throw input and the Normal Melee input (in consideration of what reasonable input speed is humanly possible). For the purpose of my speculation, let's say that cap is 0.08 seconds. As soon as the attack speed modifier goes above a certain number, capping both input recognition time to 0.08 seconds, the game gets confused and fails to produce a Throwing attack and reverts back to a normal attack.

I believe this to be the case, because when your attack speed goes above that threshold where you can no longer do the throwing attack, you can still hear the woosh sound that is present in every heavy attack and throwing attack, yet the game only delivers a normal attack. 

Edited by --DSP--Snap47