Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter Helminth Chair / Ability Augment Mods

(XBOX)Naughty Yautja

I've been thinking of a way to give the infested orbiter chair some actual use other than popping cysts. One particular idea comes to mind repeatedly when I think about ability augment mods. A lot of them have some interesting and useful traits, but most of the time the mod slots that they take up would better used for stat increasing mods for better health, shields, power strength ext. So what if the Helminth chair could have a way to install an ability augment slot?! I think that the empty space just to the right of the exilus mod slot is the perfect spot. Or maybe if we are thinking a little further outside the box... What if the ability augment mods had their mod cost removed and could only be installed in ability augment slots? And the Helminth chair could eventually install up to Four ability augment slots so that not only could you enjoy the security and versitility of a high stat warframe, but also enjoy the gimmicky fun of one, two, three, or even four ability augments for that warframe. If such a thing were to happen, I'm sure it would require a lot of building materials money and time, along with a rare infested RNG boss or tileset drop. But that sounds like something worth grinding for! 

I would like Augments to be integrated to the frame itself like actual permanent upgrade, but that inclusion may come the risk of nerfing META augments. To be honest, I would bite that bullet. It gives every augment (be it good or bad) have a chance to see light of day and potentially make an F Tier frame to be able to compete with the META without needing a full rework. Of course, players have the option to turn the augment effects on and off if they wish to not use them.

I would love to see the augment mods changed to act more like ability "mutations". 

The Helminth infirmary would be the perfect location for you to "mutate" your abilities, changing the way that they function or adding unique and interesting effects.

By removing the "mods" and changing them to an unlockable, toggle-able feature there could be a lot of depth and diversity added to some of the lesser used abilities. We could see more "mutations" added for each of the abilities (meaning that one ability could potentially have several different "augments"/"mutations".)

As I've said elsewhere, I'd personally like to see Augments serve a similar role to Runes in Diablo 3 - that is to say, sidegrades and functionality modifications to your abilities, rather than straight-up upgrades. My suggestion was to reimagine all current abilities as already having an Augment which gives them some of the functionality they have now, then allow players to trade some of that existing functionality for different functionality, instead. My favourite example would be Atlas' Rumblers. Reimagine that ability as spawning only a single Rumbler but fitted with a default mod which spawns a second Rumbler. That way, equipping Titanic Rumbler would naturally unequip "Second Rumbler," reducing you to just one Rumbler but making that one larger and more powerful.