Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 New Warframe Concepts

Demon_Mask

Ok, so this is a thread with 2 of my old ideas after a revamp and 1 new one =]

REVAMPED IDEAS:

Hellas: would be more of an offensive WF than Nekros in his support role. Hellas is al about getting into melee range to tear things up but has a surprising supportive power.

Stats: (at rank 30)

Health - 270

Power - 210

Armour - 30

Shields - 300

​Sprint speed - 1

Powers: (open for suggestion) but read on

1: Bound - like Excalibur's slash dash but as a trajectory, a running jump that has a similar distance (depending on ceiling height) slightly less damage for a small AOE stun or knockdown effect.

2: Battle cry - increases squad melee damage/speed for a period of time, limited cast time

3:Fissure - ground targeting to create a cracked ground with either tendrils or some sort of elemental effect coming from it (possibly tileset specific) pretty much a damage or other effect such as slow pass through wall with a limited cast range and timer.

4: Death Slash - Taking inspiration from an anime called "Inuyasha," the main character has an attack that he swings his sword and rips everything in front of him to shreds essentially slash-dash without the player travelling This would have a creepy energy effect and sound effect, some nice particle tails too.

IDEA: 2

Ghast: a fem stealth frame, who unlike Loki is more combat focused. true ninja, focused on stealthly killing tactics

STATS: (at rank 30)

Health: - 225

Power: - 225

Armour: - 15

Shields: - 225

Sprint speed: 1.2

POWERS: (open for suggestion but...)

1: Flash - A short cast location teleport.

2: Attract - A single target projectile attractor to draw travel time projectiles to the target such as arrows so they dont hit the ground and alert enemies.

3: Numb - Target pain receptors are frozen for a time as not to be alerted by damage.

4: Blend - Take the visage of an enemy allowing you to walk among them for stealth kills or manoeuvring or redirect thier attention.

Of course stealth needs to be better implemented for Ghast to be a viable frame!!!

IDEA 3:

Insektus: A insect like warframe based on attacking from a distance and survivability.

STATS: (at rank 30)

Health: - 300

Power: - 150

Armour: - 40

Shields: - 225

Sprint speed: - 0.95

Abilities:

1 - silk - Right outta spider man here, make a single target imobile wrapped in a silken cocoon, time increase with lvl.

2 - mosquito. Single target effect that sucks a growing with lvl % of target and gives it to insektus replenishing missing health.

3 - bury - Send out an increasing with lvl number of flesh drilling beetles that do damage and have a chance to explode the head of the targets it has infected for a small AOE blast.

4 - swarm - A swarm of flying insects clouding the vision of multiple enemies, any damage to the bugs will cause them to secrete a fluid coating the enemies removing shields for a time. area increases with lvl.

That pretty much warps it up! please let me know what you think and if you like give me a cheeky +1 ;)

Edited by Demon_Mask

stealth in this game is horrible its almost impossible to not alert the enemies or sneak up on them for executes, the Tenno are ninja they should be sneaky as F*** if they want to be. at the moment they just gunblaze for kicks!

Sorry we must play different games.

Sorry we must play different games.

nope, he's right. steal is semi-doable, but extremely limited. and worst of all: there is absolutely no reason to go Ninja style apart from the giggles.

why? since rewards are based on how much you slaughter, so if you only kill the few guys you encounter you get little xp.

nope, he's right. steal is semi-doable, but extremely limited. and worst of all: there is absolutely no reason to go Ninja style apart from the giggles.

why? since rewards are based on how much you slaughter, so if you only kill the few guys you encounter you get little xp.

I was just stating that stealth is do-able.

Well, I was about to go through them and give you my thoughts, but then I saw their stats. You know how stats work right? Cause it doesn't look like you do. They have a base value and progression based on formulas. Here's a quick overview, and why they don't work as you have them:

Health - At level 30 will be triple the base value; so Hellas has a base 91.66, and Ghast has 73.33? Insektus is ok at 100.

Shields - At level 30 also triple base value; so Hellas and Ghast are ok, but this time Insektus has 88.33?

Energy - At level 30 will be half again base value; so Hellas and Ghast both have 116.66? Insektus is again ok at 100.

Shield Recharge - Isn't even a stat anymore, but the same for every frame

Armor - While I can't say yours are wrong, they do seem kind of arbitrary, like you picked something completely random.

Sprint - Again, I can't say yours are wrong. Nor do I dislike them as much as your armor values. But they still don't quite fit.

Having said that... I can't really give an accurate assessment of powers until I know what stats the warframe bearing them has. The role a frame fills, its stats, and its powers go hand in hand, so until you fix the stats I can only say which ones I see potential problems with (for a general example that may not apply here, a power that fits one frame would be terrible on another that was durable enough to completely abuse it, or another power would be terrible on a frame not fast enough to utilize it to its fullest. Just saying context matters).

Hellas and Inskectus... so turtle than other frames? :v?

Ghast seems more faster than Loki now... xD Dunno I might be measuring the speed wrong. Because a few people interpreted me with my own concept frame's speed being too fast with the same amount too.

it was an oversite for sure, on the stats. i did not calculate a base value and went right for the end game build, i will round it to the nearest 5 at base.

the way i picked the values was looking at atributes of other frames that worked with the way i wanted these concepts to function. i will go through and edit.

Well, I was about to go through them and give you my thoughts, but then I saw their stats. You know how stats work right? Cause it doesn't look like you do. They have a base value and progression based on formulas. Here's a quick overview, and why they don't work as you have them:

Health - At level 30 will be triple the base value; so Hellas has a base 91.66, and Ghast has 73.33? Insektus is ok at 100.

Shields - At level 30 also triple base value; so Hellas and Ghast are ok, but this time Insektus has 88.33?

Energy - At level 30 will be half again base value; so Hellas and Ghast both have 116.66? Insektus is again ok at 100.

Shield Recharge - Isn't even a stat anymore, but the same for every frame

Armor - While I can't say yours are wrong, they do seem kind of arbitrary, like you picked something completely random.

Sprint - Again, I can't say yours are wrong. Nor do I dislike them as much as your armor values. But they still don't quite fit.

Having said that... I can't really give an accurate assessment of powers until I know what stats the warframe bearing them has. The role a frame fills, its stats, and its powers go hand in hand, so until you fix the stats I can only say which ones I see potential problems with (for a general example that may not apply here, a power that fits one frame would be terrible on another that was durable enough to completely abuse it, or another power would be terrible on a frame not fast enough to utilize it to its fullest. Just saying context matters).

thanks for the advice! i really was just thinking of the lvl 30 build without taking into account the calculations!  and gave a bit more detail on the roles and changed up some stats to reflect that. thanks again, and i will appreciate it if you where too give me an opinion on the builds.

'bout to head to bed... have to get up pretty soon and should never have stayed up this late but was working on a project of my own. So I'll give you a full review later, haha. For now, I just wanted to quickly note, Hellas' energy is still wrong. Perhaps saying 'half again' its base isn't very clear, so I'll put it this way: level 30 energy is 150% of base energy. Hellas' is currently 133.33, then, and so still a bit off.

@Siviltha, another quick note, 1.25 sprint is the same as Loki. The problem people have with frames having that is that they feel Loki deserves to be the fastest--it's part of his role, part of his niche, and his stats and skills support it. Very few fan concepts assigned the value actually warrant it (for example, even the completely mobility based Hawk frame LegionVangaurd and I designed has only 1.2), and I haven't actually read everything in depth yet, but my initial impression is that Ghast doesn't either. I would feel more comfortable with her at 1.2 with Nova, but again that's just an initial impression. Will give my full thoughts/analysis later. Right now I need a nap.

Edited by Siubijeni

First things first: I really like the basic concepts of all 3 frames.

Hellas: As I understand you mean him/her to be an offensive frame. But for an offensive frames he/her has a little bit to much energy, is a little thin on armour, health and shield and he/her does not have any portective ability like Iron Skin or any kind of stealth. As I see it, the moment he/her gets in to meele range he/her will be stunned, staggered and knock downed to death.

His/her first 3 abilities seem fine but the uber is kind of weak. 100 Energy to clear out a hallway? Use a good primary weapon and put shred on it to achieve the same result much faster and way more efficient.

Ghast: She is supposed to be an stealth frame. If you compare her to Loki who is also a stealth frame you will see that his stats are equals or better than hers. Maybe a little health buff would do her good. And while I like the idea of the third ability like' "Dude, is this a sword in your back?" "Nah man, I feel fine"' I have to say that her first ability will end in the same way as Ash's teleport, you will get staggered most times and get your self killed or see yourself running away of the position you teleported yourself to and wasted energy. Her uber is quite interesting but again 100 energy for this? It is like Nyx' Mind Control eith the difference that you take active control of an "enemy" only stealth. I know you do not take control of one, but the result is the quite alike. You take enemy form, slaughter everything in range and hope that you will survive. But let us think logical. If mind controled enemies get targeted by the AI why shouldn't you be targeted, too? As soon as you start to attack the AI will start to throw everything at you. You will draw agro, you will be attacked. Your 100 energy will be wasted in a nice skin for your warframe. The only exception is if you manage to kill evry mob via stealth kill.

Insektus: The name is kind of wierd... That being said, you claim this frame to be based on survivability. But 40 armour is anything but survivability. So are 225 shields and 300 health. My advice: Give it a energy buff and make it a caster frame! The skills do have great potential, why waste it? You have a vampire mechanic! If I would play this frame, this would be the ability I would be using all the time. Revamp your third ability and implement it in your uber. Your uber right now is an AOE stunn with shield debuff. Two things: 1. It is weak for 100 energy without any direct damage dealt. 2. Let us think logical, again. Insects that deplete shields? Why not insects that search there targets in a general area you aimed and explode in their faces, doing medium-good damage and covering them in acid, reducing their armor and bringing a poison DOT?

I hope that this helps a bit. The concepts do have potential, but their stats do not fit.

I apologize for my bad english and for any typos I made.

Ok my thoughts, starting with Hellas:

As someone who focuses on melee, his stats are a little off. Also, he's not exactly your archetypical caster frame--that's probably too much energy. You don't want a frame that isn't solely power-based to have the energy pools required to act as a pure caster. I don't object to his lower health, because it gives the frame an emphasis on shields. However, his armor is terrible for a close-combat frame. I would put his base stats as:

HP: 90 (unchanged)

Shields: 100 (unchanged)

Energy: 100 (lowered)

Armor: 75 (heightened)

Sprint: 1.0 (unchanged)

As for his abilities:

1) Bound is a good ability but doesn't need lower damage than slash dash. If i understand it right, the ability is a jump and less likely to hit as many people as you can with Slash Dash. It does have additional utility as an escape or engagement ability, in this case, so that partially makes up for it. Thus, similar damage to Slash Dash with the added and small stun is good.

2) Nothing much to say about Battle Cry. Seems alright

3) Fissure is unclear. How long does it last and how much damage does it do? Is it a ranged ability or something that happens right beside him?

4) Good, brings something new to the game. As a directional ultimate it is original and justifies a higher-than-average damage value for an ultimate. Me and Vangaurd have done similar things (directional ultimates) on some of our frames, and it works out well for a change.

Ghast:

My main problem here is that stealth does not imply a lack of armor. Loki is stealthy and has average armor, and Ghast really should have it too, especially if she's supposed to be more combat focused. She should, because of that, also probably have a little more shields than Loki does, to compensate for her lower speed.

1) Not likely to be implemented. Location-based teleporting adds a whole new level of complexity to our targeting mechanism, which is already capped out at 50 meters to avoid problems. There's a reason Ash doesn't already have a location-based teleport. Maybe once the game is better optimized, but they aren't in any hurry to do that. Don't hold your breath.

2) In essence, this is Mag's Bullet Attractor. It's not original, it interferes with headshots, and it doesn't really fit a stealth frame.

3) In essence, this is Banshee's silence. Sure, they react to the damage, but they have no idea where it came from so they don't really get alerted. No one uses silence as it is. No one will use this, either. It's not original, either.

4) I like blend in concept, but Luciuris has a valid point on them attacking you once you're seen attacking them. It's not realistic for it to totally eliminate you as a target like invisibility, but the sneak attack damage makes sense--momentarily. This ability would have to last a LONG time, and you'd have to start from the back of the enemy forces and work your way forward for it to work. If any new troops came up from behind that really wouldn't work. In other words, while cool in concept, it doesn't really work.

Insektus:

Health and energy are good. The sprint speed is decent, slightly slower is alright. Subpar shields puts an emphasis on health, which is alright. However, he really needs higher armor in that case. It helps his health emphasis, and helps counter the subpar shields and speed. I would make it 100, probably.

1) Is an alright ability

2) The healing percentage would have to be decently low... else you encroach on Trin's territory. Plus, it's a second ability. Especially since at higher levels a percentage will give crazy returns. When you consider that, the percentage has to be quite low...

3) Is also an alright ability

4) Is decent, I would have it simply strip shields period and have a small DoT component, with it having a pretty good radius. Having them have to shoot the bugs to activate something isn't a very good trigger for something that small and numerous.

thanks for the feedback ill change some more things around and work on some more abilities, there are my first concepts and it has been really good and valuable feedback to get! i really do appreciate it and it will help me and hopefully other readers in the future!

Edited by Demon_Mask