Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Rename DC Chat to Region Prime

pittax

Design Council was a neat idea, but beyond a handful of forum posts a year, which get locked after a brief period of time, it feels like the have abandoned it. I imagine most new players don't even know that DC exists. As such, I suggest to rename in-game Council chat to Region Prime, because that's all there is to it these days.

Or, you know, you actually could revive DC and use it to prop up the community a bit. It wouldn't take much - promote it a bit, throw a few choice spoilers or feature sneak-peeks to DC before you make a public announcement, drop in to say hello from time to time, maybe make new people joining it a bit more ceremonial so people maybe could strive to become members etc.

• Like 1

I would actually prefer DC be eventually phased out. I do understand it needs to exist because that is what some Founders paid for. However, the majority of players would give way more detailed and collective feedback compared to a select group of non-Founders + players who purchased the packages containing its access. I would much rather DE do more stuff like the Lato and Braton Vandal poll, Community Hot Topics (remember these?), and that one time they asked on Reddit for suggestions to change something as opposed to a random DC thread that nets only a handful of responses.

Edited by Voltage

we already call it Region prime.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

the majority of players would give way better feedback compared to a select group of non-Founders + players who purchased the packages containing its access

except the majority of players aren't even on the forums. everyone here together, makes up a minority of the playerbase, and even then we can never seem to agree on a large scale on anything, so phasing out DC accomplishes nothing. it's mainly DE at fault for never really asking much of us. we get to do things like what, once a month at the very most? DE have people to ask but they aren't soign so; they're just goign ahead with what they think is best and then being surprised when there's a backlash.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

we already call it Region prime.

except the majority of players aren't even on the forums. everyone here together, makes up a minority of the playerbase, and even then we can never seem to agree on a large scale on anything, so phasing out DC accomplishes nothing. it's mainly DE at fault for never really asking much of us. we get to do things like what, once a month at the very most? DE have people to ask but they aren't soign so; they're just goign ahead with what they think is best and then being surprised when there's a backlash.

You do understand that Dev Workshops generate hundreds of responses and Design Council only a fraction right? I understand the Forums do not represent this player base, but asking past a select group of players who either bought their way in or were handpicked would be much better for future feedback and design choices. I know Design Council can't really go anywhere because Founders paid for it, but cmon, there are many invested and knowledgeable players well past most of the people in DC without access to an exclusive sub-forum who's voices would be greatly beneficial to the game.

I was handpicked by the way, so please do not take this as "this guy is complaining because he's not in it".

Edited by Voltage

That's sort of my point though - it serves no function atm. Yes, it's not ideal way to generate feedback, and I imagine that's the main reason it's abandoned.

But that does not mean it has to be phased out completely, it can be used to enhance the community. If it became a place where you could get small tidbits of information for example, and if getting in was not inconceivable (even if it meant growing the council significantly), I'd think the game as a whole would benefit from it.

• Like 2