Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instakill bypasses bleedout in today's Sortie (Viral)

Her_Lovely_Tentacles

Finally, more information on this elusive bug!

In today's Sortie, my frame was oneshot multiple times (on a tanky frame) without any bleedout timer.
Not only did apperently something deal damage in excess of 5300 effective health,
but the bleedout timer was also completely bypassed, which is not supposed to happen.

• Today's Sortie (first stage) has the modifier "Enemy Elemental Enhancement: Viral"
  • I was client to another host player.
  • Enemy faction was Grineer.
  • Frame was Garuda equipped with Quick Thinking.
  • Sentinel was Wyrm equipped with Negate.

The death log said the following:

17:27:17 - <Her_Lovely_Tentacles> killed by 1 damage at 1 health from an unknown source
17:29:33 - <Her_Lovely_Tentacles> killed by 1 damage at 1 health from an unknown source
17:30:09 - <Her_Lovely_Tentacles> killed by 1 damage at 1 health from an unknown source

I recorded all three deaths on video for further examination:
Youtube video of death #1
Youtube video of death #2
Youtube video of death #3

Frame-by-frame analysis of the footage:

• In two of those instances (#1, #3) my Wyrm negated a status effect (using the mod Negate) directly (1-2 frames) before the instadeath.
    (In Video #1 the negated status effect was visible for 1 frame: Viral)
  • in the other instance (#2) my Wyrm also negated a status effect, but a few seconds before the death.
    It could not possibly have negated another status effect at the exact moment of my death.

So there seems to be some relationship between the Viral status and instadeath (without bleedout, no less).
Wyrm's negate mod could potentially play a role here, too, as it might somehow not negate Viral entirely,
somehow enabling enemies to apply the Viral status twice for a max health of -100%; though this is speculation.

Edit: new info from Reddit about this:
Apperently it is really easy to reproduce and simply involves getting the Viral status effect while at 2 HP. This will instakill the frame and skip the bleedout.

edit2:
minimum steps to reproduce:

• Have quick thinking
  • be at 2 HP
  • get Viral procced on you

boom, instadeath.

I hope this information is useful for resolving this bug.

Edited by Her_Lovely_Tentacles
added minimum steps to reproduce
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-23 at 11:52 AM, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

I recorded all three deaths on video for further examination:

Your video looks like Adaptation mod was on.

This bug appears to happen with Adaptation mod on Warframe,  with Viral damage. (edit: see newer reply, no adaptation mod needed) Somehow the Warframe death skips transference to warframe on low health, and I guess it skips bleedout.

Happens in simulacrum, with Virtuos Trojan (viral), with amp parts of Lega Prism, Propa Scaffold, Plaga Brace.

1. friendly fire on, if already on, turn it off then back on.
2. Activate passive ability, like nekros desecrate.
3. Transference to operator, and damage Warframe with secondary fire amp, void cloak to avoid operator losing health.
4. Transference and use primary fire on Amp.

When it happens, warframe falls down and dies, and operator is constantly teleporting every 3 seconds.

Edited by sam686

20 hours ago, sam686 said:

Your video looks like Adaptation mod was on.
[...]

This has nothing to do with adaptation.
Also, yours is a different, though related bug, that happens with or without adaptation.

The mininmum steps to reproduce are the following:

• Have quick thinking
  • be at 2 HP

boom, instadeath.

Tested this by removing literally everything except Quick Thinking:
https://youtu.be/Bosix08CsbA

Edited by Her_Lovely_Tentacles

1 hour ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:
  • be at 2 HP

Maybe try again with no quick thinking. I guess I was wrong about Adaptation, but turns out no Warframe mods needed for this bug to happen.

Looks like this happens with no quick thinking. All this mod does is make it easier to stop at 2 health. Operator mode with active warframe ability can also easily drop health to 2 HP.

I noticed the bugged instant death always have a gray diamond icon on the health bar.

1. Friendly fire on.
2. transference to operator mode and damage Warframe down to 2 health.
3. Friendly fire off.
4. Get hit by viral damage. In video, Zhuge Prime with cold+toxin for viral self damage was used. Death, no bleed out, and it skipped shields. On this video it took one shot. Health drops to 1 with Viral damage shown for maybe 1 frame of video, very short time, then dead.

Why can't we stay alive with 1 health?

Edited by sam686