Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean, I LOVE YOU

(XBOX)Vamma Takayn

Dear Empyrean,

YES! YES! DUDE THIS GAME MODE IS AMAZING. I won't go as far as to say every way! I want DE to really focus on this game mode because its AWESOME! Despite its flaws it is so worth playing!

Our Clan on Xbox The AFK Trollers. have been looking forward to this game mode since it was first announced in 2018. if they didn't announce this game mode we probably wouldn't have been around. Mostly because we only built the clan to gain the research and not get kicked from another clan due to hours of inactivity. When Empyrean was announced we decided to change our purpose of our clan like I am sure many others did. our clan became all about gaining quality members that wanted to be part of empyrean. many laughed as I am certain, letting us know that clans would not be important for rail jack. Yet here we are. Rising Tide is done out of the clan dojo. Members with a clan, with a rail jack and a dry dock, can be host for the game mode. All other players that have completed the archwing quest have to be placed on random in hopes they get a crew that knows what they are doing and cam prepared. If you had guessed it we really like the game mode.

Lets start with the problems

The Cons

YOU HAVE TO BE IN A CLAN- Small clans will struggle or a small clan with 3 close friends may not struggle as much as others, but that's because they have little to rely on, if not you rely on randoms. and randoms have a tendency to ignore the host, ignore the catastrophic failures, and ignore the objective completely. we had a random once that took the pilot seat, just because they wanted to have the feeling of flying a rail jack and just spun in circles- literally ignoring everyone and everything.

Archwing is nerfed 95%- this game mode nerfs everything archwing. so archwing already sucks. To make the suckiest game item in the game worst isn't that great of a model for making the mode better, or making players want to level their archwing. you were suppose to buff this item. sure maybe an arch wing shouldn't one shot a crew ship, but it shouldn't deal zero either or such a small amount of damage that you sit there for 10 years shooting at the crew ship. quite honestly I have tried a variety of methods, using Hildryn's passive so your invincible for a few seconds and it kind of works, but after a while you still die. Amesha is similar I have seen players last a little while outside in archwing, but after a while they end up using all their revives, including on lower levels. we have dedicated lots of forma to our archguns (6-7 forma per gun) had a squad mate go out and try to take down a level 45 enemy a stand alone fighter in the arch wing. this isolated fighter while using the larkspur took 0 damage. After Multiple Tests, Literally the most he could do was hold the fighter still to allow the rail jack to line up to fire upon the enemy.  We had so many players join us and say,"i am so excited to try the new buffed archwing mechanics!" just to realize archwing buffing was all hype. We truly did get an archwing nerf as well as an itzal nerf. literally across the board. Odonata: NERF, Amesha: NERF, Elytron: DOUBLE NERF, Itzal: NERFTROCITY. and there were zero new mods to assist archwings and arch guns to get better so they could at least survive the game mode. what really would have made this game mode beautiful is having the choice to kill fighters in the arch wing, or in the rail jack. by all means the rail jack should be able to take out the most the quickest, but the archwing should be able to kill atleast one.

RNG- The RNG of the game mode is aweful. unless you have particle ram, titanium is nothing more than a dream. I don't mind having to crack open crates, but most of the good loot is hidden behind drop tables. you can get a sigma series researched in the dojo, that helps starting out, but want a vidar MKIII good luck. "want vidar Cryophon with decent stats, you first need 18 20% damage buff vidar cryophons first". "want the Quellor? have you tried the assassination target on Saturn? Oh, you did. wait only 78 times? I am sorry, you have another 335 to go". the largest problem is that the weapon's stats are as RNG as the weapons themselves, with (currently on Xbox) no means to fuse the ones u do have with better ones, or trade them. just the avionics. what makes the weapon's stats worst is that the same weapon isn't shared across the squad. my pilot can get a 60% vidar cryophon, my turret man can get a 15% and my engineer can still get a 40% cryophon. this wouldn't be awful if we could fuse the weapons similar to kuva weapons and always get a high stat when fusing. The RNG of looting, shouldn't be your weak on its last limb rail jack should have to encounter a crew ship to get the pustrels it needs to revive. don't mind the collecting aspect, but pustrels dropping from only crew ships. imagine this rail jack on fire approaches a beefy crew ship, "we will have those pustrels" BOOM. Yeah 90% of this could be neglect or a random's first time refining all your resources, that's all true, but no more less the point on why cubic diodes and pustrels shouldn't be soley farmed from enemy ships. I understand carbides, and coppernics. but those aren't rail jack life essential. Allowing pustrels to be mined in the asteroid field and with lots available would be equivalent to a player ducking behind a corner to replenish their shields

THE PRO's

YOU HAVE TO BE IN A CLAN- Yes you read that correctly, this literally adds value to being in a clan, so all you solo-player-try-hards out there who think that playing on solo somehow brings you moral superiority and pretend to have all the gaming skills (except social skills) have to join a fetchin clan or make one. Yes, WARFRAME IS CO-OP GAME. it might be a good idea to join a party with them and have some minor coordination. you don't have to like them to win the match. you don't have to like them to get all the good loot. no, doesn't matter how. yes, we can do it the dumbest way possible because its easier for you, that's fine. Yes, 4 minds is better than one. Statistically working together, with other players, makes over coming obstacles and challenges easier. Yes, sometimes breaking away from toxic players and idiots is a good thing, but one must consider at what point that they find all the idiots that they become one. There are so many benefits to playing in a squad with other players, ie) each player can throw down their own specters, you can get their shared buffs, you get 15% more affinity per kill, MORE ENEMIES SPAWN PER MATCH WITH MORE MEMBERS OF A SQUAD per dev stream 126. and that's to name a few. Don't get me started with fissures, loot drop chance boosters, etc. AND being in a squad full of friends is awesome its amazing and a lot of fun. you should try it sometime. A game mode where friends come together to look amazing.

Intrinsics- don't mind them I admit rank 10 intrinsics grinding sucks. and the archwing intrinsics suck because 30% of 0 is still zero.However the ability to use the Eclipse Executor death star lazer from Starwars is fetching BA. Using the sling shot and getting a cool landing animation with energy going every where onto a crew ship OMG the best. 360 degree camera amazing. teleporting literally every where (making Loki sub par and irrelevant) amazing!

Boarding crew ships- Dope. either in the archwing or sling shot. incredible. I love it! takes me back to Starwars battle front 2 from 2005 with galactic conquest. this literally is exceptional work.

The sling shot- WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 'nough said.

The Derelict and node like featured spots and objectives- omg the scenery is awesome the galleons, it feels how the rest of the OG star chart should feel. honestly we thought after experiencing this that it should replace the original star chart and perhaps at the beginning make it easier I under stand the complications, but it feels soooooo much smoother of missions transitions.

Death star lazer- the death star laser is pretty. hands down (could use a veil proxima buff). absolute beautiful. all the tenno come to the bridge to witness this glowing site all of our faces pressed to the glass. that and void hole.

Getting Boarded- didn't have a problem before don't have a problem now to have your ship boarded in this many exceptional and NEVER DONE BEFORE!

Engineering and healing- wow, just wow so impressive, love that it grants affinity,  feel of play is easy. I like the mining aspect of the game to make bombs and bullets. many would say chaos, but it give a real space battle feel to it.  

Tactical menue- still glitchy, I would only add that players using the tactical menu on the rail jacks could apply the abilities (orbital strikes, celestial twins, etc.) to players inside crew ships, derelicts, etc. currently only the maps where the player using tactical avionics can use them in the setting they reside. but still super fun to use, love the rail jack abilities I look forward to seeing more applications of this.

gunners- being able to use the abilities of the rail jacks including flux, and other items is incredible and the 360 degree turret so good. I would add one more turret at the rear of the ship because sometimes the engineer won't have anything to do aside from going out in the archwing, and that's dangerous right now.

Avionics menue- is a traditional modding system I am so glad they kept this adds variety to the game. I love this modding system. and the avionics are amazing like void hole, particle ram. all amazing features.

Flying the rail jack- this is exceptional work inspite all the bugs (many of them absolutely funny), but this is so amazing and I am so glad to have had this experience to fly among the stars.

Sentient anomaly- the setting is incredible spooky and the art was well put together.

Erra quest- wow I encourage every player to go seeking this quest. just wow. I look forward to more of this. this is a great addition. please add more of this to the beginning of the game it needs it.

Conclusion

I have lots of built up enthusiasm for the future. I am pumped to see what DE brings next I love Warframe. I am thrilled to see what Command will bring with faction crew members, and Kuva liche crews all so very good. WE WANT MORE OF THIS! KEEP GOING THIS IS AWESOME!

• Like 3

I think that Railjack is a great foundation despite all of its flaws. I have a lot of faith in DE to fix it up, could really see this becoming a core game mode. I like how warframes are still just as relevant (far easier to blow up a crew ship from the inside than out)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

Intrinsics- don't mind them I admit rank 10 intrinsics grinding sucks.

Its a double edged sword here. In a way, i'm happy the Rank 10s are purely optional. Makes one not think of grinding for them and burning out.

In one side: "What?! Thats it for Rank 10?!"

On the other: "Ah, thats it for Rank 10."

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

Death star lazer- the death star laser is pretty. hands down (could use a veil proxima buff).

Actually, you just need to hit the Naceles (Engines) of the Crewships in Veil Proxima to OHK them.

Edited by Kaotyke

It truthfully hurts to know one of the most dazzling reveals Warframe did from my view (Archwing) keeps getting nerfed more and more as the game progresses. It went from being a viable Space boss fighting part of our arsenal to being a swatted away while in Atmosphere gearwheel to a flyswatted needs a cannon to get anywhere one shot. Your telling me that we enter a ship from using a Archwing…..to just give up the Archwing and do everything on foot? What reason do we need the Archwing to get shot over to the ship in the first place? 

As for the rest of the ship....its ok. Emp has not dragged me in as Warframe did. It is its own game and most know that is how DE does things- Make other games and attach them to Warframe, yet keep them separated still. Used to do one mission in Railjack a day....now I prefer walking around than flying a ship. It needs to get the connection to Warframe much more and sooner than later. Hek, it lost me so much I have not even bothered to finish Earth. 

Ah well....itz a game and games cant be all for all who be playing....take whatcha like and enjoy

I concur with Lion, the foundation is there but right now it is just that, a foundation.

Where DE goes from here will be what decides if Empyrean is a good direction to go in or not, hopefully it will be refined and find a way to connect the separated parts of the game as a whole.

Unabashed positivity? On the Warframe Forums?

Image result for heresy meme

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I concur with Lion, the foundation is there but right now it is just that, a foundation.

Where DE goes from here will be what decides if Empyrean is a good direction to go in or not, hopefully it will be refined and find a way to connect the separated parts of the game as a whole.

Fortunately, squad link is coming in hot, and whilst at first it'll likely be limited to Scarlet Spear, so has a number of mechanics AFAIK, and they've shown up again later. Hopefully that'll help too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Unabashed positivity? On the Warframe Forums?

Why is that surprising? Forums are known for heated discussions. Keyword: Discussions. There would be no discussion if everyone was negative here.

There is actually a bunch of people praising the game on here, all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Why is that surprising? Forums are known for heated discussions. Keyword: Discussions. There would be no discussion if everyone was negative here.

There is actually a bunch of people praising the game on here, all the time.

Discussions, yes. I partake in them a lot. Often negative ones.

I was more poking fun at the salt levels that often rear their savoury heads around here.

my problem with empyrean is that it was so much less than what they hyped, that's my problem, empyrean became a no man's sky over the course of 2 tennocons two of them!

it was ambitious? yes, but they had 2 damn years to make it, and they just delivered the bare minimum for the mode to work, absolutely no content at all with scrapped stuff everywhere, they just gave us the raijack, which is good, its fun, i had like 1 week of fun with it, but only that, the rest was just grinding, sucking every drop of fun from it cuz all the raijack maps were the same stuff with different background:

we didnt got kuva liches as raijack procedural bosses.

we didnt got transitions between plains type maps and raijack maps

we didnt got exploration raijack missions

we only got a seriously washed out progression system for raijack

and the worst part is that they still chose to use the "mainline" release format, which now killed raijack the same way it killed archwing

they are so scared to actually take the risk of implementing raijack and archwing into the main game, they keep making "islands of content"

and now its weeks now of nothing but little bug fixes for a mode that was dropped already by the comunity

for how i see it, this isnt going to get better, people think the new war is going to fix everything, that is going to get big, but let me tell you, new war is going to take at least 2 years more to come, and its going to be a bs update with barely any content, just a few sentients here and there, at least 2 minutes of cut-scenes filled with bad cryptic writing, some new mods, more skins as an excuse to spend money, and a lot of unfulfilled expectations.

DE is full of damn good developers, but their management to get stuff being done is garbage.

27 minutes ago, Toppien said:

my problem with empyrean is that it was so much less than what they hyped, that's my problem, empyrean became a no man's sky over the course of 2 tennocons two of them!

it was ambitious? yes, but they had 2 damn years to make it, and they just delivered the bare minimum for the mode to work, absolutely no content at all with scrapped stuff everywhere, they just gave us the raijack, which is good, its fun, i had like 1 week of fun with it, but only that, the rest was just grinding, sucking every drop of fun from it cuz all the raijack maps were the same stuff with different background:

we didnt got kuva liches as raijack procedural bosses.

we didnt got transitions between plains type maps and raijack maps

we didnt got exploration raijack missions

we only got a seriously washed out progression system for raijack

and the worst part is that they still chose to use the "mainline" release format, which now killed raijack the same way it killed archwing

they are so scared to actually take the risk of implementing raijack and archwing into the main game, they keep making "islands of content"

and now its weeks now of nothing but little bug fixes for a mode that was dropped already by the comunity

for how i see it, this isnt going to get better, people think the new war is going to fix everything, that is going to get big, but let me tell you, new war is going to take at least 2 years more to come, and its going to be a bs update with barely any content, just a few sentients here and there, at least 2 minutes of cut-scenes filled with bad cryptic writing, some new mods, more skins as an excuse to spend money, and a lot of unfulfilled expectations.

DE is full of damn good developers, but their management to get stuff being done is garbage.

2 Years they also spent making:

The primary and secondary rebalance from Shrine of the Eidolon.

The Gantulyst and Hydrolyst.

Sanctuary Onslaught

The Sacrifice, which also included the Ui changes

Mask of the Revenant.

Arbitrations, which also contained the daily tribute rework.

FORTUNA 

Profit taker, including grounded arch-weapons

Exploiter, including Melee rework part 1

The PoE remaster.

The Jupiter Rework, including Ropalolyst

Disruption

Wukong Rework.

Kuva Liches, along with all the kuva weapons

Melee Rework part 2

Vauban and Ember reworks.

Gun Exilus.

Seven Prime Accesses.

Eight new Warframes.

And twenty eight new unique weapons, not counting all the new variant weapons from Liches, Hostile Mergers and aforementioned Prime access.

To say they had two years is disingenuous, because that was not two years of uninterrupted development.

• Like 2

I don't find Intrinsics as a pro. The fact they are tied to Mastery makes them required to farm for account progression, the skills past 8 are quite unnecessary, they are a chore to farm, Pilots cannot gets Smeeta Affinity procs, and the leveling system makes 50% of the grind only 10% of the Mastery.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Sanctuary Onslaught

Mask of the Revenant.

FORTUNA 

The PoE remaster.

Disruption

Wukong Rework.

Melee Rework part 2

Gun Exilus.

Seven Prime Accesses.

Eight new Warframes.

And twenty eight new unique weapons, not counting all the new variant weapons from Liches, Hostile Mergers and aforementioned Prime access.

To say they had two years is disingenuous, because that was not two years of uninterrupted development.

And?  That doesn't make it okay to hype and advertise one thing and deliver a barely functioning husk with little similarity to the hyped product.  They bit off far more than they could chew, that's not a good thing, nor does it instill confidence in further mainline content going forward.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

Archwing is nerfed 95%- this game mode nerfs everything archwing. so archwing already sucks. To make the suckiest game item in the game worst isn't that great of a model for making the mode better, or making players want to level their archwing. you were suppose to buff this item. sure maybe an arch wing shouldn't one shot a crew ship, but it shouldn't deal zero either or such a small amount of damage that you sit there for 10 years shooting at the crew ship. quite honestly I have tried a variety of methods, using Hildryn's passive so your invincible for a few seconds and it kind of works, but after a while you still die. Amesha is similar I have seen players last a little while outside in archwing, but after a while they end up using all their revives, including on lower levels. we have dedicated lots of forma to our archguns (6-7 forma per gun) had a squad mate go out and try to take down a level 45 enemy a stand alone fighter in the arch wing. this isolated fighter while using the larkspur took 0 damage. After Multiple Tests, Literally the most he could do was hold the fighter still to allow the rail jack to line up to fire upon the enemy.  We had so many players join us and say,"i am so excited to try the new buffed archwing mechanics!" just to realize archwing buffing was all hype. We truly did get an archwing nerf as well as an itzal nerf. literally across the board. Odonata: NERF, Amesha: NERF, Elytron: DOUBLE NERF, Itzal: NERFTROCITY. and there were zero new mods to assist archwings and arch guns to get better so they could at least survive the game mode. what really would have made this game mode beautiful is having the choice to kill fighters in the arch wing, or in the rail jack. by all means the rail jack should be able to take out the most the quickest, but the archwing should be able to kill atleast one.

Mostly true, excluding Amesha. Press 4, facegrind asteroid for max energy, press 1 and 3 for 21 hits negated and 75% enemy slow in big radius. Leisurely stalk fighters, blow 2-3 in single Imperator Vandal magazine. (no riven, most status you can get). Applies in Void, too. Not many people play RJ on PS4, so I do most missions solo. And I don't have rank 8 in any intrinsics yet. 

Rest of the Archwings suck big time in RJ. 

Well.... I think the Forums broke. Salt dispenser's not working. Negativity generator also malfunctioned. And the whining fountain, look, it dried out! What is all this positivity? The Forums should be a gigantic dump for salty vets and crybabies. Where's my quality product?

I hope you can fix it or I will request a refund!

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

?

wut, what are u smoking that was before the railjack's announcement...

Sanctuary Onslaught

that was also before fortuna...

that got announced years ago, came with a slide show, and a warframe that got released years ago in china...

Mask of the Revenant.

right...nyx 2.0 with a simpler model and another nightmare mode with repurposed assets as invulnerability drones, and recycled reward tables with some extra mods

those two were kinda nice, if it wasnt because it was 2 different models put on eidolons with a bunch of mobs as a pain in the butt

The PoE remaster.

Disruption

they just added extra plants...reused a scrapped eidolon, and made excavation with a twist...

Wukong Rework.

Melee Rework part 2

Gun Exilus.

Seven Prime Accesses.

Eight new Warframes.

To say they had two years is disingenuous, because that was not two years of uninterrupted development

8 unoriginal warframes that at this point are lesser versions of already existing ones, reworks dont require all of the resources (and still they take years to make them), gun exilus is just extra code, liches that were butchered from what they announced about raijack, reskins of already existing weapons with different models or textures.

sure they worked on other stuff, but why?, when they were supposed to deliver on what they already announced? we just got crumbs, and the main course was just a half cooked mess, and for worst they released it just on the holidays, where people had to deal with game breaking bugs for a whole month. just to get some hotfixes after.

they should just work on the damn thing they announced and then, make all of the other stuff nobody asked them to do

Edited by Toppien

yeah. clans are always good. friends are important everywhere! this is there reason why wow, d2, d3 etc survive so long. for example: even bad and boring game like d3 makes fun with small clan. we played it every day 6+ hours together and was whole time in discord.

and i need other people because its not possible to buy good internet connection at my location. so i always try to get a host. playing in a group is more fun for me. and if i know that group wont disband like 99% of all matchmaking games i would care about other players and try to be very good teamplayer. everybody wins.

8 hours ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

And?  That doesn't make it okay to hype and advertise one thing and deliver a barely functioning husk with little similarity to the hyped product.  They bit off far more than they could chew, that's not a good thing, nor does it instill confidence in further mainline content going forward.

That much is a fair point. Railjack was revealed way too early.

@Toppien You evidently don't know much about game development.

DE have gone on record that the Sacrifice was their primary, and later on sole focus for the three months it took to develop. That means it was time they wouldn't spend making Empyrean. Every single piece of content that they've released, no matter how much you might dismiss it, takes a considerable amount of time. And they can't just work on what you want, because not only did they announce most of this stuff (and thus, working on the things they've announced) there's the financial angle. For one, Warframe is not cost-neutral. Unlike a single player campaign game where it can just be left alone whilst the development team works on projects, Warframe actively drains DE's funds. They need to fix bugs, for one, which they do. Go check any hotfix page anywhere from a quarter to half will just be fixes. And there's also the servers they store all the player's data on, those don't come cheap.

If they can't just 'keep the lights on', that means they need new sources of revenue. And thus, they release all that stuff that actually quite a few people care about and a number of people asked them to do because that keeps them getting paid to let them keep making Empyrean.

I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but it's not difficult to suggest that they developed all this other stuff because they can't just abandon the rest of the game in the meantime, can they?

• Like 2

lol that big post, you basically just mentioned any basic online gaming. Play with friends - it's fun! and more co-operative, play with randoms - i'ts not!. you think those solo players would not have thought of this "genius" idea by themselves? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That much is a fair point. Railjack was revealed way too early.

@Toppien You evidently don't know much about game development.

DE have gone on record that the Sacrifice was their primary, and later on sole focus for the three months it took to develop. That means it was time they wouldn't spend making Empyrean. Every single piece of content that they've released, no matter how much you might dismiss it, takes a considerable amount of time. And they can't just work on what you want, because not only did they announce most of this stuff (and thus, working on the things they've announced) there's the financial angle. For one, Warframe is not cost-neutral. Unlike a single player campaign game where it can just be left alone whilst the development team works on projects, Warframe actively drains DE's funds. They need to fix bugs, for one, which they do. Go check any hotfix page anywhere from a quarter to half will just be fixes. And there's also the servers they store all the player's data on, those don't come cheap.

If they can't just 'keep the lights on', that means they need new sources of revenue. And thus, they release all that stuff that actually quite a few people care about and a number of people asked them to do because that keeps them getting paid to let them keep making Empyrean.

I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but it's not difficult to suggest that they developed all this other stuff because they can't just abandon the rest of the game in the meantime, can they?

im not denying the work they did to keep the money flowing, if anything i enjoyed some of those things, but my problem is their bs of announcing stuff they are not going to deliver much much later, and ill keep calling it a no man's sky situation where the devs seriously bit more than what they can chew, how about not announcing nothing at all and just do it when they have the certainly of actually having something, every tennocon is the same bs, they render a pretty convincing fake game-play then after years they deliver the reality of that idea, which is bare-bones cuz everything that could go wrong, went wrong, they keep over-hyping stuff then after that the consequences explode in their faces, and the players faces.

im just telling people that they shouldn't expect to get what its being announced and much less listen to the you-tubers who make things worst even, DE may not deliberately lie about what they announce but they fk up, and announcing content is part of the cycle of development, that's a fact

Edited by Toppien

12 hours ago, Dauggie said:

lol that big post, you basically just mentioned any basic online gaming. Play with friends - it's fun! and more co-operative, play with randoms - i'ts not!. you think those solo players would not have thought of this "genius" idea by themselves? 

You... didn't even glance at OP's post did you?