Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #15 Bow Concepts - Whaaat?

Bitfly

So I keep asking myself, why do we have such ugly bows (regular paris being an exception) when the concept art looks like this?

NOgdCkH.png

These concepts are awesome.. I would definitely use bows if they looked more like these.

Because warframe art likes to insert ugly things, see the grineer and their weaponry or Alad and his fabolous toiletseat.

Afaik, they are trying to be unique and establish themselves with their style without relying too much on what is already considered cool looking.

And I think it's already shaping up very well.

As for Alad V:

Something mynki said about designing a bad guy to look like you want to hate him, the toilet-helmet certainly plays a role in making us want to slice him even more.

And when he said that it's more visually interesting to have a few odd elements in your design, such as Banshee's boat-shoes and such. Adds personality.

DE needs to stop pumping out new imba weapons and just make some goddamn skins. LOOK AT THESE DESIGNS. They're GORGEOUS! I haven't spent a dime on the game so far, but I might actually pay for one of those skins for my Paris! And I saw a pretty perfect skin for the Gorgon on the stream too, when they showed Grineer gun concept art.

My 2 cents: Though they look very nice, I don't think 3 and 5 would work. The string, when unstrung, is already too far away from the handle - you can't pull it enough to get a decent amount of energy.

I'd love to see 1 as a skin for Paris and Dread (since I'm using the latter one). I agree, that we don't need more weapons, but more weapon-skins.

they will all be skins. the blueprints for the skins will only be accessible through alerts that each have a 0.3% chance of being selected by the alert reward rng with enemy levels 5 times the normal level for the area and only occurring on pluto, eris, and ceres.. making each skin will cost 500,000 credits, 420,000 plastids, 50 neural sensors, 69 control modules, 155 gallium, 420 neurodes, 696,969 circuits, and a small part of your eternal soul. oh, plus one (1) nano spore.

So I keep asking myself, why do we have such ugly bows (regular paris being an exception) when the concept art looks like this?

finally, a user which agrees with me.

Paris matches the theme of the game and flows with it, Paris Prime... W.T.F. that's basically all i have to say.

the bow is bigger than a beached whale, it has an absurd amount of gold on it, the handle you hold is the size of a stripper pole, the sound it makes is awful, and overall it's design would make it a nightmare to use.(the arrows look awesome though)

(Paris Prime is also Power Creep in a nutshell - and surely why users like it so much, but that's a different thread)

from the concept art we were shown in the Stream, #2&4 are the most practical, while still looking interesting.

at any rate, i wait in anticipation for more Bows, and hopefully, more that fit with the Lore of the game and also bring something unique to the table, rather than just nullifying 95% of the existing content, over, and over, and over, and over, and over. a new Bow isn't going to be cool if it has bigger numbers, but is a cardboard box with a string on it.

also for the day elementals stop screwing up secondary effects like Bows making Corpse Cannons, since that feature is a key part of what sets Bows apart in Warframe. but we can't use it.

Edited by taiiat

they will all be skins. the blueprints for the skins will only be accessible through alerts that each have a 0.3% chance of being selected by the alert reward rng with enemy levels 5 times the normal level for the area and only occurring on pluto, eris, and ceres.. making each skin will cost 500,000 credits, 420,000 plastids, 50 neural sensors, 69 control modules, 155 gallium, 420 neurodes, 696,969 circuits, and a small part of your eternal soul. oh, plus one (1) nano spore.

Uhhh don't say things like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I gave a rueful grin, so there's at least one person here who found that funny.

These look like they could possibly clip the loving hell out of Warframe models.  That's probably why most bow models are quite compact and not as flare designed although that could be remedied by having an "Equip" mode where the little bits fold out and an unequipped one where they fold in and stay compact for storage, reducing clipping.  Granted, that would be difficult to make.