Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please, PLEASE tune down the warping effects of gauss' mach rush while increasing his speed by a small amount

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Let me explain what the title wants 

You see...as a gauss main every now and then i play the og speedster with more than 6 years of active service under his belt, volt

And while i'm still faster than volt...and i'm not asking at all to increase gauss' speed further(i gave up on that)...something came over me when playing volt

Volt also has a warping or a zoom out effect when you activate his skill speed 

But it has a cap or it's limited so it gives him a clear view of the surroundings while also having that rush of super speed 

Gauss i think has overdone it way too much 

The warping effects when coupled with other speed buffs like wisp or even a small mod like dispatch overdrive is very annoying, fast, but annoying 

What i am suggesting is to please give his warping effects a limit, and to compensate for the loss of the feeling of speed give his mach rush a 10% increase to it's base speed 

And that's it i'm not asking for a lot...just a more clean mach rush.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I can agree with this. On release DE capped the warping so it didnt invert your screen but even as it is now just having 1 or 2 extra speed buffs cab make it impossible to see anything while dashing. 

I don't want to wait 4 years so they can fix this, just like they waited 4 years to fix zephyr crashing over stuff...

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I don't want to wait 4 years so they can fix this, just like they waited 4 years to fix zephyr crashing over stuff...

They haven't fixed that yet... you still crash into stuff. Unless you have very quick reactions, the animation cancelling still makes you skitter across surfaces and wind up where you didn't want to be. The only hope is that you can hit aim or jump in time to turn that skitter into a cling or dash to cancel your momentum.

Zephyr's been waiting 5 years for something that was already announced and rendered, it took three and a half years before they figured out how to get Turbulence to work (and it still misses basic things like flame throwers)... if Gauss gets this fixed at any time before 2023 you're still going to beat Zephyr's record.

But chin up, you have this to look forward to if you want it:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

They haven't fixed that yet... you still crash into stuff. Unless you have very quick reactions, the animation cancelling still makes you skitter across surfaces and wind up where you didn't want to be. The only hope is that you can hit aim or jump in time to turn that skitter into a cling or dash to cancel your momentum.

Zephyr's been waiting 5 years for something that was already announced and rendered, it took three and a half years before they figured out how to get Turbulence to work (and it still misses basic things like flame throwers)... if Gauss gets this fixed at any time before 2023 you're still going to beat Zephyr's record.

But chin up, you have this to look forward to if you want it:

Hide contents

I've seen it...and this is what i'm talking about

Why add no cap to an animation that can warp the screen like crazy?

This needs fixing

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Why add no cap to an animation that can warp the screen like crazy?

Funnily enough they did, about two weeks after his release. This kind of screen warping is only possible with 13 other Warframes buffing him and is only still in the game because it was easier to simply not make it possible to reach that point than it was to completely re-tool an effect.

The screen warping he's capable of now, in game with a normal team, was deemed to be what DE found acceptable. Not according to me, according to them when they talked about it on DevStream. So... it will probably take a loooong while before they look at it again. They don't think it's broke, so they won't fix it ^^

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Funnily enough they did, about two weeks after his release. This kind of screen warping is only possible with 13 other Warframes buffing him and is only still in the game because it was easier to simply not make it possible to reach that point than it was to completely re-tool an effect.

The screen warping he's capable of now, in game with a normal team, was deemed to be what DE found acceptable. Not according to me, according to them when they talked about it on DevStream. So... it will probably take a loooong while before they look at it again. They don't think it's broke, so they won't fix it ^^

Well that's depressing 

There goes my 10% speed increase suggestions