Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Suspension Appeal System

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

I'm not here to discuss the rules. All I'm saying is that there needs to be more communication and transparency when it comes to suspensions. Quick-kicks aren't an issue, but suspensions can last anywhere from an hour to two weeks and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Sometimes, the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

1) We deserve a proper warning before being suspended, not including extreme cases like overt racism or whatever. More often than not, the only warning you get is "That's not an appropriate topic for our space ninja game" which is way too vague to be useful half the time, and there's no way to get more info.

2) We deserve to be told why were suspended, no exceptions. 

3) We deserve to be able to appeal suspensions that last 24 or more hours, considering that kickbot is very far from perfect and even the chat moderators are only human too; mistakes and unfair punishments happen. I've been suspended for two weeks from all channels unfairly, and I received no help. Maybe it wasn't unfair, but it sure seemed to be. There was nobody I could talk to to find anything out. Nobody looked into my issue to see what happened or gave me an official reason why I was kicked. I know that DE has extensive chat-logs, even for deleted messages, so it does not seem to be very difficult to pull up the thing you said which got you suspended. 

4) We deserve to know how long were suspended. Trade Chat has a visible timer for the message limit, so there's no reason why suspensions can't function in a similar fashion. 

These are all easy things to implement which will give the chat moderation system a much more positive look and earn more trust from the community. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime