Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt And His 3Rd Ability

.solitus

Tha basically the only thing useful in this frame. I'm planning to build 1 more frame, after I made Frosty Prime I saw that I still have 1 more orokin reactor and 1 more slot left. As I already have the defend frames (nyx, rhino, frost, vauban) do u think volt can be a good next choice? I heard that he is crap, but I'm pretty amazed at what his 3rd ability do to the Synapse and the Flux Rifle

Get Banshee, she is good all around, and can do much better than Volt in terms of damage. 

I was hitting 9.7k on light infested with my Unmodded Lanka today.

edit, by all means get volt and level him up, but don't bother with the reactor, and sell him once you get him to 30. I did the same and replaced him with Banshee, who IMO is much better.

Edited by Sixty5

I'd say that Volt is a more specialized frame, as anti-Corpus. If you're looking for a more useful frame, I'd consider maybe one of the stealth frames, or maybe an offensive frame. I mainly use defense frames (Vauban and Frost), but when I play solo I usually go with Ash, Loki or Banshee. 

I personally love Volt as he was my first Warframe, when I do solo 50+ with weapons that don't include the Acrid or Throwing knives.

Any ways, he's not a DPS warframe like he's intended to be, instead I use him as a gun platform. His first ability is crud damage however it's a Stun on anything without shields if you can use this in conjunction with your weapon you can hold back groups at a time.

Speed is also very handy, it can get you out of most situations. Good for when there's a lot of fire coming at you.

His shield is good, pretty much do what you think is right, just be wary of not getting to close to the shield you want to be around 3 meters away from it, or else certain grenades may still get you.

His last ability is probably the worst, it's like altogether around 190 damage to level 50+ Grineer. I don't recommend using this. Only on Corpus as it's a decent stun if you're not in the line of Fire.

Don't mean to sound arrogant here but because I have stupid internet I have to solo everything, I find Volt my favourite, and you have to know your Warframe well. I don't recommend Volt if you're more of the 'Rhino' type of players. He's a challenge to play but if you get to use him right he can become very powerful.

Edited by GuRPHS

Volt's shield is the best when paired with the flux riffle and synapse . The shield gives these weapons infinite range and a electric damage boost.

Speed is pretty handy if you're doing boss rushing to farm materials or BPs.

Don't bother with Shock or overload. Overload is still quite ok when facing corpus but still..Meh.

Volt is a very good rusher. He is practically made for it. Best thing? Speed takes on the whole squad. You can use speed for a melee build with fury and berzerk too, insane attack velocity.

Overload needs a lot of pampering with mods to be even close to good, the awesome thing about is 1) range 2) no limit in enemies hit. The chain lightning ability is pretty useless though, i use it rarely to stun an enemy or throw out that 25 energy you have in excess.

Last evening some clan buddies and me decided to do a Trinity and 3 Volt combo on Outer Terminus, we basically had a shield fortress going on and were spamming overload from behind it, lots of fun and quite effective.

His 1 and 4 are crap,they need to be remade (yes,I don think not even a rework could help those damn crappy skills),his 2 and 3 are what's still going for him,and 3 needs to be like a hologram-like shield that floats in front of him,and protects him from all ranged damage coming from the front,while still acting like damage amplifying shield.

Personally I see Volt as a combat enhancing frame,rather than a mage-like frame as he was originally intended,and to be honest I just LOVE him for that,maybe because I'm sick of "OH MY,I'M GONNA DIE SURROUNDED BY ENEMIES,OH,HOW WILL I EVER ESCAPE? OH I KNOW. I SHALL PRESS 4." frames.

Wish his 1 and 4 was also combat enhancing in a way,Maybe his 4 could be some kind of "summons 4 clones that use Volt's currently equipped weapons.Clones do 150% of Volt's damage but have 50% of volt's shields and health."  also the clones should have the AI of the Stalker,like switching weapons,and they can use Volt's 3rd skill every now and then,or maybe even a better AI that would allow them to wallrun and what not. C: