Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to choose between weapons?

(NSW)Feralheart

Question

I have three maxed polearms without potato and I have one potato. Which one should I choose and why? Generally how you choose your weapons?

Default stats:

Orthos Prime
Speed 1.17
CC 24%
CM 2.2x
Range 3
Status 36%
Attack:
Impact: 35.1
Puncture 35.1
Slash 163.8

Polearm Zaw (Plague Kripath)
Speed 1.2
CC 18%
CM 2.2x
Range 3
Status 25%
Attack:
Impact: 31
Puncture 71
Slash 50
Viral 65

Lesion
Speed 1
CC 15%
CM 2x
Range 2.7
Status 37%
Attack:
Impact: 47.4
Puncture 11.9
Slash 177.8

10 answers to this question

Id say the zaw, zaw are like the best melees,

When picking what weapon to use its moreo f personal preferance and what mods you have. If you have Condition Overload and a status weapon with a riven then go for that. If you dont have CO then go for crit as its simpler, that is if you have Blood Rush. You can make a bit of both and add both mods if you have them. And if you dont have both then maybe farm/buy them I think Blood Rush is cheaper

Edited by Lazarow

Orthos looks really great too!  

I love Orthos, now using Orthos Prime - it is strong on crits. status, reach, speed, and it appeals to me personally - graceful and deadly, not diseased or a farming implement. I pretty much only use Orthos Prime, the Rakta Dark Dagger, and Parcesis now-a-days, but it really comes down to preference.

Keep and Potato all three eventually - the ones you named are all good strong weapons.

:redveil:

First, I'd look into what kind of mods you have and see if you can build a stat stick or a hybrid. There are many discussion about these melee 3.0 out there. If you have the mods to build a stat stick, choose plague kripath since it's already have viral. Otherwise, pick one of the other two (that's the most fun for you to use), and build a hybrid. TBH, if you don't have a dedicated hybrid yet, I'd prioritize building one over the stat stick.

Im not a zaw expert so I cant tell if you used good parts or just cheap parts to make that staff....  Looks cheap...(or not guilded).   Is it possible to make a new zaw staff using the right parts????

Zaw's have arcanes.   One arcane will help you build combo meter which is great for combo-crit weapons.   Another arcane will dish out 600 damage to everything nearby everytime you inflict a status ailment which woud be good on a condition overload build(aka status build).  

If you use the right parts for either of those then I think that would easily beat out the other 2 staffs.   

-------------------

Orthos has a little better crit and crit damage and range over Lesion.  Lesion looks cooler though......

I say make a good zaw or it doesnt matter which you pick.  (I use a katana aw built for crits,  but I think the true purpose of zaws are to be status weapons.   That status explosion arcane is the best one..... 

The good and bad thing about this game is any weapon can be used at high level (I mean for sorties and disruption). 

Yes some are better but once you forma it enough even a MK1 weapon can do enough damage which is just silly. 

Not that it helps you with choosing but I have always gone for weapons that I just enjoyed the most.