Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Lore questions] Parazon and Kuva Lich

Prexades

Hello, I am looking for lore regarding the Kuva Liches. From what I understand the Kuva Liches were created by infusing Grineer who had been recently slain by the Tenno with Kuva. This regenerates their body to a possibly undying state. What I don't understand the Parazon and how it is the only thing that can permanently slay the Lich if it is attuned to him or  her.

What exactly is the Parazon?

Does it sever the connection between the Lich and the Kuva somehow?

How do Liches absorb some of the powers of Warframe that killed them?

How are Liches converted to the Tenno side with the Parazon?

So far there is only so much known about the Parazon and how it works, just like there is only so much known about Kuva and some other "apparently this stuff can do this now"-elements. The Parazon is a mysterious little tool that can both hack into electronics and also kill and convert Liches by injecting a poison into their bodies - one of the Liches says so - but how any of this works exactly is not described at all, or I didn't find anything about it in the more open sources. Maybe that's something for the future, something described closer by Drusus Leverian.

Or maybe it will just stay a mystery like literally anything else in Warframe, where we don't even clearly know whether Orokin, Corpus and Grineer are the successors to the human race or how many non-faction-aligned groups are out there, like the Myconians, Ostrons, Solaris, and who the hell the people are we have on Relays, in the Drydock and so on, and what type of humanoid they are declared as, instead of "Tenno". 

I think the Parazon allows a sort of mind-link between the wielder and the device it's plugged into, with the intent being that it lets the user interface with compatible technology without the middleman/delay of manually interacting with I/O hardware or reading and interpreting a GUI. The idea of it being used as an improvised weapon, let alone the existence of mods that allow it to "download" health, energy, and ammo from lifeforms killed in this matter, is probably the product of Tenno ingenuity rather than an intended design feature.

This could also play a factor in how it allows the Kuva Lich to evolve further when a Parazon lacking the correct Requiem is used against them; the Kuva in their system absorbs the Warframe's Void energy during the momentary connection made when we stab the Parazon into them, which allows them to evolve into ever-stronger forms until they hit "critical mass" at level 5.

It is mentioned that the Requiem Mods "purify" the Lich's Kuva directly, however, so it would appear that using the Parazon to apply the correct Tenno void signature and the proper Requiem "Kill Code" to match the Kuva in their system would allow you to affect them via their Kuva to either "neutralize" it and thus revoke their immortality (Vanquish) or use the now-complete connection to brainwash the lich via a sort of pseudo-Continuity (Convert).

The mind-link theory could also explain how Murmurs work; basically the flash of connection made during Thrall executions gives us brief glimpses into a mind altered by the kuva-empowered Lich, enough of which can be used to extrapolate whatever patterns or factors correlate to which Requiem mods. What exactly that entails I'm not entirely certain, hopefully as more lore is revealed about what Kuva is and how it works, we can get a better idea about it.

But yeah, all in all though it's mostly just a gameplay element that was poorly retconned into the lore and in my opinion insufficiently integrated into gameplay. Like I still think there should be some overlap between regular finishers and Mercy kills, or things like increasing the threshold at which mercy finishers can be performed could be increased by mods and/or abilities that also open enemies up to melee finishers.

• Like 1

Il y a 22 heures, Prexades a dit :

Does it sever the connection between the Lich and the Kuva somehow?
How are Liches converted to the Tenno side with the Parazon?

From what I'm understanding - the Kuva Liche is a Liche because of the "red ornement" you can see on them; I suppose it is where the liquid-Kuva is stored.
The Parazon will break the red-thing like a needle to (1- choice to kill) Collect the Kuva - the immortal state being removed, you kill the host ending the Liche: (2- convert) Infuse some of your Void energy (considered as poison) which is supposed to "open the eye" of the Liche and make him an ally (for whatever reasons ? corruption by Wally ?) while keeping the immortal state.

Citation

How do Liches absorb some of the powers of Warframe that killed them?

Warframe's ability are fueled by Void energy - so it must be some shenanigans / relationship between Kuva & Void.
Let's say that: your specific ability will process with a very specific imprint the void energy ; when using it on (at least) a living organism, some of this imprint could remain. If the Kuva will regenerate the body, keeping it alive - it will probably make the flesh adapt to that specific imprint.
Yes, from "being adapted to" to "being able to copy" there is some missing steps... but that's Kuva / Kuva-technology equivalent to the Void = Space Magic ~~