Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its possible to do railjack alone?

Travis05

Question

I have a railjack but im bit scared of trying it, considering the feedback people are giving, Leechers, people wasting resources, blowing up the entire mission.

I can maybe risk and try but i wanna know if you can do railjack alone. To get used to it at least and know how it works. I mean i could see a youtube video i guess, but i wanna try and learn for myself

12 answers to this question

In the beginning, no, I would advise against trying to do it alone. Your weapons are too weak and your ship is too fragile. Later on when you unlock some useeful tactical avionics like Fire Supression or Void Cloak and some stronger weapons like the Zetki MKIII Cryophon it is very much possible, though tedious, to do missions alone. 

Its possible, but depending on the avionics and battle abilities is a lot harder.

People need to worry less about 'resource waste' and just get on with it. Coop is definitely more fun, join some others to get some avionics then work your way through Earth, Saturn etc if you fail take it as a learning experience. If your RJ is made critical after every attack then improve it. 

Earth can be cleared really easily if you can get hold of Seeker Volley for the fighters then you just need to deal with the crewships yourself then. My advice would just be try it, you get good groups and bad groups, its just the luck of the draw

Yes it is possible, I do it all the time when there's no people in recruiting chat to join me, 'but' if u are just starting in railjack and u are in earth, I'd recommend first try to look for anyone hosting avionics or armaments farm, then jump into solo runs. It is what i did, then i cleared all rj nodes myself.

Railjack solo is absolutely no problem, from Proxima Earth to Proxima Veil.

Here are some recommandations :

- visit your Railjack many times, from the navigation to the forge and back. So you will learn the strategic locations in your Railjack (Turrets, Forge, Exit points, etc...)

- try the free run mission. You will learn how to drive it and how it reacts on your movements.

- equip your Railjack with "Sigma MKIII" parts from your Dojo Research (Reactor, Shield and Weapons). They are really good for the begining.

- make your first missions on Earth, repeat the easy ones as many as you want. So you will collect as much avionics and ressources as possible.

My strategy is to kill first all the Transporters and then make the rest.

Keep your ship as far as possible away from the Transporters.

I started 100% solo. (now I have a friend, and a couple of his friends are working their way through the story, so we'll have a full crew).

First off, even mission failures will get you intrinsics. Your first goals: Recall Warp from Tactical, and both Slingshot intrinsics from Gunnery. (and almost forgot, the first Engineering intrinsic to seal breaches fast!)

Now, what I did was, aboard my railjack, I'd hunt down a crewship, destroy the ramsled, and then take out its engines.

From that point, I'd leave the Railjack, board the crew ship, take out its crew (both gunners, and captain), then I would use the crewship to take out the fighters until another crewship spawned, took out its engines, left the first crewship (didn't destroy it, so it became a decoy), boarded the second, and used it to wipe out all the fighters - crew ships were much stronger than my railjack until I had the resources built up to get all MKIII gear for the Railjack. Then I'd take out the 2nd crewship's core, fly back to the first, take out its core, and mission success.

Staying near the Railjack is important if enemy fighters cause a breach. (I often had to leave the crewship, return to the railjack, seal the breach, and get back to the crewship... good thing was, both crew ships acted as decoys for fighters.) Due to this strategy, Recall Warp was an essential first goal.

The first Earth skirmish node was just fine for getting resources like Titanium. (I've found Saturn and Veil to be devoid of good resource farms after the battle is over.) Most of my missions would conclude with a 30min resource farm, blowing up rocks and the junk around wreckage.

Once you have the slingshot intrinsics, you can take out a crewship's engines, tactical warp to the slingshot, shoot yourself directly into a crewship, take out the core (and gunners/pilot, depending on the railjack's situation), recall warp back to the railjack, and continue on your way.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra

You don't have to use your own railjack to do the missions. Just open the rj map from the main navigation (click the rj on top right corner) and chose a node. You'll be boarding other people's rj. Learn to play that way while collecting resources, avionics, intrinsics, and wreckage, etc. for your own ship.

I wouldn’t really worry about those peopl really, they’re very rare, and it’s just a simple abort if you see them. Soloing isn’t very feasible for a while, but once your Jack gets jacked then you should be able to, though it’ll still be a bit tough to do until the Command intrinsic comes out and (hopefully) makes solo play far easier.

You also get far fewer bugs playing solo. When playing with friends I get at least one case of the UI going missing, walking in space, or having a UI and nothing else every few missions if I'm on the away team. Being downed when the omni recall is charging is... not funny.

5 hours ago, Travis05 said:

I have a railjack but im bit scared of trying it, considering the feedback people are giving, Leechers, people wasting resources, blowing up the entire mission.

I can maybe risk and try but i wanna know if you can do railjack alone. To get used to it at least and know how it works. I mean i could see a youtube video i guess, but i wanna try and learn for myself

My advice would be this:
First, set yourself to solo mode and take your railjack out in the Earth Proxima Free Flight node. No enemies can spawn there, so you can just spend some time flying around and getting used to how the ship handles. Play with the guns and learn their fire and heat accretion rates, so that you're not surprised when you go out on a real mission. Learn to navigate around the railjack, especially running from the pilot console all the way back to the forge. In general, use the freeflight node to just learn how everything works.

I think for learning the combat environment you're better off matchmaking with other people. Launch from your orbiter so that you're not taking out your railjack and thus not having your resources wasted. We'll come back to resources in a minute.

For starters you should focus on 2 things: Gunnery and Engineering. You need engineering 1 first just so you can help repair the boat better. Then, you need to get a few ranks in gunnery, preferably up to 3, before you start branching out. By focusing on engineering and Gunnery for starters you essentially wont be leaving the boat: let your team handle stuff like that. As you do, you'll learn how other things work: you'll learn about taking out crewships, shipkiller platforms, etc. Eventually you'll get comfortable with leaving the boat and taking on additional roles.

A note on Railjack Roles:

• It's courtesy when you spawn in to tell the other crewmembers what rank your intrinsics are at, as this will help delegate jobs. If someone else has higher engineering than you, they should be the one to monitor the forge because they'll be able to get more out of it. If you have rank 5 gunner and no one else does, then it's your job  to man the big gun from time to time.
  • Whoever is player 1 owns the boat and is therefore the Captain: if it's not your boat, stay off the pilot station and stay off the navigation station. Captain flies and decides where the crew goes next. If you're ready to quit, just let the captain know in chat (or voice, if that's your thing) that you'd like to go back to the dojo: most are accommodating.
    • even if you have a higher pilot skill than Player 1 (the boat's owner) do not take over piloting unless asked to do so. Captain owns the boat, so Captain flies.
  • Be mindful of the rest of the crew: if two guys are on the guns, and the captain is flying, they've apparently delegated the role of 'crewship breacher' to you. If Captain is flying, you're on a gun and the other 2 are out in Archwing, it's your job (not the captain's) to put out fires and fix the boat.

On Resources:
Some resources accumulated go directly to the players, like Titanium. 4 resources however go to the Railjack's forge and are used to craft things needed for the mission; Carbides, Copernics, Cubic Diodes and Pustrels. Those resources have a cap of 200, so someone needs to keep an eye on the forge; anything picked up after your forge is full just vaporizes. Refining takes those resources and sends them to each player's personal inventory. So, you dont really have to worry about wasting resources.

Really Railjack functions much like any other thing in Warframe: you just jump in and learn by doing. I wouldn't worry too much about things going sideways. Worst case scenario is you match with an absolutely awful crew, but that just means the mission will end quickly enough and you can matchmake into a hopefully better one. No different than anything else in Warframe.

A friend and I play at least a couple of railjack missions every night between 7:00pm and 12:00am CST. If you want you can join my crew and we'll have a merry old time. My boat's still kitted out with low-lvl gear but I have yet to blow up. Just send me a message and a friend request.

Good Luck to you.