Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unsure how to ask this...

Zurg316

I have been around a while, since Limbo Prime first dropped if that gives an idea. And I can't wrap my head around people doing 2 rounds in an endless mission and then wanting to leave. It doesn't make sense to me. I would appreciate possible explanations as to why this is a thing.

I ask because I can't believe that its a matter of time spent. Cause the going in and going out of missions takes longer than actually fighting things past 10 rounds. So...confused is the best word I have for it. :thinking:

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

Maybe they just want rewards in rotation A and nothing else? The first two rounds of most endless missions reward stuff from rotation A.

Ok THAT makes sense, I never really thought about that, as most times I use that type of mission for an xp grind and loot is second thought.

20 minutes ago, Zurg316 said:

I ask because I can't believe that its a matter of time spent. Cause the going in and going out of missions takes longer than actually fighting things past 10 rounds. So...confused is the best word I have for it.

Depends on the mission type.

For example waves 1-10 of a defense and dropping back out to try again can be faster than doing all 20 waves in a single sitting...especially depending on the team composition and who is doing what.
I've had 10 waves of defense go by quickly...I've also had 10 waves of defense taking nearly 30 minutes.  And as each wave generally takes longer than the last...loading into a fresh instance may be faster.

If I'm not after a particular rotation reward (which is fairly rare) I'm going to determine: is it faster/easier to stay in this mission..or to start over completely and try my luck again?

Beyond that there is what KnossosTNC mentioned.  As well as the fact that sometimes people just get what they want (finish leveling, specific drop, whatever) and just want to leave to avoid a potential host migration.
I mean if I finish leaving at wave 10 and I don't have any rewards that I want from a later rotation why stick around for 10 more waves?  That is wasting more time.
Further if its a fissure and I get the item I want why stick around and risk a host migration costing me the item?

Endless mission reward system needs an overhaul. 

There's several reasons someone may leave before rotation C, but the rewards are the bottom of the list that I would've guessed from.

• Bad team (players leeching).
  • Real life - roommate needs help, bathroom break, etc.
  • weapon maxed out (although I usually try to stay until rotation C anyway when my weapon maxes)

Used to sit around Io on Jupiter for 15 rounds or so, with a max range Equinox. Just maim turned on and we'd wait. After 15 too many nullifiers and enemies start surviving the initial slash proc. 

We only wanted the relics. 

When I say we, I mean some friends and I, and we usually had closed lobbies. Unless it was just 2 of us. We could do it just the two of us, but with more people, there's more spawns, and more spawns is more Oxium. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

some common reasons.

Quick credit grab.
Many dont want to risk host migrations and losing everything.
They dont want to carry on sometimes due to another warframe using an ability that slows down the whole run (such as a pilfroid/limbo/frost/slowva on hydron defense).
Quickly topping off an affinity grind.

Can be allsorts of reasons tbh.

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Maybe they just want rewards in rotation A and nothing else? The first two rounds of most endless missions reward stuff from rotation A.

Would be a fine explanation if this didn't happen to all endless missions, except for the rare group that does more. 

Usually, if I go into an endless game, like defense or survival, it's for either leveling, or resources. Hydron for leveling, and it depends on the resource, but generally it's more efficient imo to just go up to wave 10, or 10 minutes, rather than stay for 20. ESPECIALLY for leveling, as I could be usually rank 1 everything, so it'd be difficult to go further, even more so if I don't like what I'm using.