Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussing Titania

(PSN)red_reality_3001

Titania is commonly disliked from what I've seen. She's not played often. There aren't any really good builds for her, probably because she's not played much. But, I do think she has some great potential.

I've seen people say that her Razorwing controls like an Archwing. I've seen other people say that it doesn't, and that the controls are wonky. I've seen people say she's a hybrid. I've seen others say she's not good for anything. Opinions are really split here. It's been hard to get information about her. I've seen people say she's in an unfinished state that DE isn't going to fix. Honestly, I don't think they will either. If they were going to, they would have done it by now you'd think. 

But I still have hope, weather it's no use to keep that hope or not, I don't know. I feel as though she has some great potential, but she has been left in a kinda unfinished state, and that is sad. She is still useful. Every frame has a purpose, it just depends on the way you like to play the game.

Edited by (PS4)red_reality_3001

Flying enemies is a cool idea. They can be controlled in the air. But here comes the problem that Titania has nothing to control flying enemies and that's why the ability is negative.

Tribute-collection of useless buffs. Previously, 50% of the DR did not exist and this ability did nothing. The wheel that DE wants to make is great, but in fact it will be the ability of a single buff.

Lantern is again a flying enemy that we can't control. Plus, this ability got nerf because all people abused Mirage 4. Yes, I'm talking about the fact that we got a broken wall lock.

Razorwing - no matter what anyone says, but this is an archwing mode and nothing more. And this is the most popular ability, because it's a collection of strong abilities. And here we get the moment that all these abilities interfere with each other and the rest of the abilities of the set. Butterflies push flying enemies. Dex Pixia blocks AoE weapons, which significantly reduces the value of Lantern and flight does not support any ability. (it may be a Tribute to soul, but you can also do it with bulletjump.) 

Oh, and it's worth noting that razorwing is the ability that disables the game's features. While archwing in open worlds can already interact with objects, Titania can't.

Passive ability - this thing that allows you to skip levels faster. This is literally the only purpose of this ability, it is no longer good for anything.

And at the end we get bugs. A lot of bugs. I think there may be five pages of them if everything is painted.

Edited by zhellon

On 2020-02-24 at 11:34 AM, zhellon said:

Tribute-collection of useless buffs. Previously, 50% of the DR did not exist and this ability did nothing. The wheel that DE wants to make is great, but in fact it will be the ability of a single buff.

It gets better. For more than three years already, the Tribute buffs are not affected by mods. Just why? Octavia's release in 2017 was like an apology for how poor Titania's release was in 2016. It doesn't help it when people argue that making the buffs affected by mods is apparently a negative:

• Titania is typically built around Razorwing (High Strength, Duration, and Efficiency while Range is expendable). The auras would still affect her regardless of range.
  • The 50% Thorns Damage Reduction is nice, but it's easy to give it a damage cap of 95% similar to Mirage's Eclipse and Mesa's Shatter Shield.
  • Again, there's the choice of implementing Range to provide her allies with the buffs.

Indeed there are other issues with the buffs themselves:

• Dust's inaccuracy debuff is inconsistent. It gets negated by any form of homing attacks (Bombards, Terra Overtakers, etc.)
  • Thorn's damage reduction is nice, but the reflection makes no sense before and after the change.
  • Entangle only affects base movement. Why not make like a Cold Proc or Molecular Prime where it affects all forms of movement?
  • Full Moon needs to change. Companion damage is largely neglectable. Perhaps increase the chances of health orbs and energy orbs of dropping from anyone?

5 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

It doesn't help it when people argue that making the buffs affected by mods is apparently a negative

Having been on those threads and read through all the arguments, I think there's something you may have missed. And don't blame me, I'm just reporting on findings, not taking sides.

The key point was that making the buffs affected by mods is not necessary if you just make it so the buffs stack up to their cap instead of having to mod for higher stats.

So DR could cap at 90%, and all you'd need to do is collect it twice (something much easier to do with the upcoming changes of being able to cycle through your buff selection). Or the Enemy Slow could go up in increments of 20% and cap at 80%.

That all said... they're discussing the Titania stuff again in the next DevStream (the 28th) and we'll see if they've had any good ideas since the last one.

16 часов назад, Duality52 сказал:
Titania is typically built around Razorwing (High Strength, Duration, and Efficiency while Range is expendable). The auras would still affect her regardless of range.

Well, in order for Auras to gain an advantage from mods, razorwing must become a mechanic that is not limited to exalted weapons and does not use energy drain. Otherwise, you will use the same builds, but you will only buff yourself, because Titania is actually not very well played without strength and good energy efficiency or energy efficiency + duration.

16 часов назад, Duality52 сказал:
  • Entangle only affects base movement. Why not make like a Cold Proc or Molecular Prime where it affects all forms of movement?

The problem with these things is that they are not ally buffs. Yes, cold prock for weapons and abilities of allies is a really powerful tool. And if it still depended on the duration, perhaps Titania would be loved a little more. But, in general, let's see what DE will show on today's devstream. Perhaps they will do nothing again. But it is hoped that they reworked many aspects of Titania, but retained her abilities.

5 минут назад, Andele3025 сказал:

Titania is getting lantern "fixed"/made at least usable. Thus all that remains is hope the update will update her from old blood to railjack AW controls so that she can strafe and aim and shoot again in razorwing.

The Lantern, even in a fixed state, has bugs that allow opponents to shoot. Well, we have a problem with the fact that CC frames are not needed. But this is the problem of the game.

Edited by zhellon

Titania got nothing on devstream. Congratulations. 

Arcane Energize:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup
60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies
Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

I now want to see how the razorwing build is destroyed just because of this nerf.

Edited by zhellon