Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is paraceisis worth the grind.

(XBOX)Leafrider8

It cleans up Veil infantry with barely any effort. Its Tau damage bonus is strong enough to instantly pop a Teralyst's synovia. It has very generous range. It's fast for a heavy blade. So you don't need to add range/speed mods. This means it builds very flexibly.

It's one of a handful of melee I default to, when I don't have something specific in mind.

Also it's #*!%ing gorgeous. Especially with that Elixis skin.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

It cleans up Veil infantry with barely any effort. Its Tau damage bonus is strong enough to instantly pop a Teralyst's synovia. It has very generous range. It's fast for a heavy blade. So you don't need to add range/speed mods. This means it builds very flexibly.

It's one of a handful of melee I default to, when I don't have something specific in mind.

Also it's #*!%ing gorgeous. Especially with that Elixis skin.

You can melee a synovia with it?  I did not know this.

of course i feel remorse for using so many ducats and forma, but at least i got one more decent weapon in my arsenal, yet i have not grown attached to it.

i can already defeat sentients easily with my operator form + umbra scream, removing any resistances a sentient would develop, thus i've found no point in bringing it with me.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

I've almost got the paraceisis. I just need to get to mr10. But now I'm wondering if it was worth it. Any advice?

It's worth it if you want to continue playing the story, because you need it to access the story quest "Erra" on the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima.

The extra damage it does to Sentients, and it's ability to remove their adaptive immunity, is rather nice.
It's the only heavy blade I use (being more a single or dual-sword guy), and I've got pretty good build flexibility with the way I chose my polarities as I forma'd and leveled it.

is it Worth it though? Well, that's really subjective. It might leave a bitter taste in your mouth at the thought of what those 1000 ducats could have otherwise bought you, or you might find it to be the best sword ever and totally worth the cost. We cant tell you that.

I have a friend who actually likes the Grakata and thinks the Zarr and Drakgoon are just the best guns ever. There's no accounting for taste.

As noted by others, It's mandatory if you want to progress the game's main story as it's the only way to unlock the latest main quest and thus a gatekeeper for future quests.

Beyond that, it's a Sentient killer. It deals extra damage to them and resets their immunity. Also, it reaches Rank 40 once you have 5 Forma on it, which pretty much means it can fit any mod configuration at that point (80 mod points with a Potato) even using both Sacrificial mods for even more anti-Sentient damage. It also has a neutral Riven disposition right now (May be nerfed next month).

I say it's a really good weapon. It's one of the only two heavy blades I use, the other one being my Zaw.

Edited by Jarriaga

3 hours ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

I've almost got the paraceisis. I just need to get to mr10. But now I'm wondering if it was worth it. Any advice?

You will probably need it to advance the story quest in the future so, yes, it’s worth it because you actually need it. Otherwise, you might find yourself locked out of a mechanic or game mode later on.

49 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

[...] and thinks the Zarr and Drakgoon are just the best guns ever. There's no accounting for taste.

Yo, what are you trying to say about my baby? Don't make me sic my trin specter on you. She puts that Zarr to work.

For real though, I have a thing for unusual weapon functionality, or things that just feel really good to shoot. I'm one of those crazy people who hopelessly tried to make pre-buff Convectrix worthwhile. Also, this may not be optimal, but have you tried Sancti Tigris with a reload mod? It's a thing of beauty, man...

It's not worth it in terms of power but if you want to stay caught up with the story nonsense, you are forced into not only farming the materials to build it but also the railjack grind.

It's not so much a question of "is the sword worth it?" but more like "is the story worth it?"

Personally I don't think it is. I built the sword and it collects dust because I have better. I absolutely loathe railjack so nope. If they continue down this path of locking story critical stuff behind unwanted content like railjack or eidolon vomit grinding, lots of people won't care and move on.

Can you imagine a friend coming back for the next story update only to discover the sword grind and be forced into the railjack loop? Yeah naw. Lol.

Edited by IIDMOII