Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm convinced the Kuva Hind does not exist

Reaver_X

so i've been farming for a RAdiation kuva hind all day right? i've literally gotten the larvling to spawn with everything BUT the kuva hind, multiple times as well. im not sure if its bugged or the chance to get it is abnormally low compared to others but i'd really like to know whats up with this because this is really getting me mad now.

2 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

so you're telling me that Kuva Hind that i have in my inventory is just my imagination?

yes.

also, why can't de just put in like, some system so that the more often u see a weapon, the less c hance it has to spawn so ultimately u will end up spawning the weapon you've seen the least?

oh i know why, its because DE makes sweet sweet love to that RNG.

36 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

yes.

also, why can't de just put in like, some system so that the more often u see a weapon, the less c hance it has to spawn so ultimately u will end up spawning the weapon you've seen the least?

oh i know why, its because DE makes sweet sweet love to that RNG.

A, B, C, D, E, F... last weapon, reset to A, B

• Like 2

Polly want a Kraken? 

No? 

Have some more Krakens! 

Who's a good Zephyr? 

Killed a bunch of liches.. The Queens seem to have a sense of humor when arming up their liches to deal with me. 

Over time, I've managed to get the different weapons. But the scales tip towards the Kraken a lot for me. 

4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

It definitely exists. I had it, leveled it to 40, and threw it in the bin due to catastrophic ugliness

It does fit with Nova's Shiva skin. Which people find ugly.. I don't ! 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing
  • Like 3

Statistics are "fun".  There are 16 weapons.   If the RNG is nearly pure then you can use a binomial probability calculator.

1 Trial = 6.25%

5 Trials = 28%

11 Trials = 51%

16 Trials = 65%

So...it takes ~11 temps just to hit "50 50".  It takes ~36 attempts to get to 90% chance of at least 1 success.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize having a 10% chance of not getting what you want after 36 tries is not small.    However, fast capture loops on Saturn take <2 minutes per cycle meaning that in theory one hour of effort should result in getting what you want.

https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

Note:  If you are willing to target "two weapons" to be in the hunt for...then the odds of getting at least one of them is better than 50/50 after 6 trials.   Considering all the ephemera and the RNG to work towards 60% ideal weapons...you can save quite a bit of time by picking 5-6 weapons you want to max and by time you get done with that you should have all the ephemera and weapons in the near shortest time possible.

Hint: Target ephemera based upon bonus you want (e.g. toxin then heat then radiation, etc).   This was more important though in the early days of farming ephemera (e.g. sub 10% and 5% chance).

Too much RNG, not enough reward, yes the weapon is nice (If RNG gives you the right weapon with a good roll), but the fact that the bulk of the reward consists of something you would have got from regular missions even if you didn't even bother with the lich that is simply siphoned away from you by some kind of Lich magic is a bit poor considering that this Lich is supposed to be the warlord of a large chunk of the game map.

Give us a reward equal to the challenge of taking down a Kuva Lich!

Oh wait. . there is no challenge, it's just gridning and more RNG isn't it?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

im not sure if its bugged or the chance to get it is abnormally low compared to others but i'd really like to know whats up with this because this is really getting me mad now.

Curious to see what you'd think of this proposal..

Certain drop pools should have a modifier for drops that works against the sense of futility and being screwed that comes with RNG.

RNG should remain a thing. The, "If," that comes with drop tables is what fuels our dopamine.. so I don't wish for that to be impacted.
Though, some method to mitigate the feeling of hopelessness would be preferable to assuming the game is broken, right?

What if... each time we rolled a drop table, all items that do not drop, increase in drop chance by 0.5%?
Once an item drops, those bonuses are removed from the item.

Things like orbs, credits, common mods, etc... need not apply..
However, things that take a considerable amount of time and effort invested will begin almost instantly to grate on us if we feel we cannot get the drop.
Say with your Kuva Hind.. If each time you create a Lich and Did Not receive the Hind, the Hind increases in chance by 0.5% for the next time.
You're not Certain it's next, but your sense of futility and hopelessness is instead converted into having accomplished future investment.

Apply this also to Pools like ESO.. so that you're marginally less likely to get the same reward, and marginally more likely to get another reward.
With each failed roll, the next roll improves... asking us to continue, rather than mocking us for trying.

10 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Curious to see what you'd think of this proposal..

Certain drop pools should have a modifier for drops that works against the sense of futility and being screwed that comes with RNG.

RNG should remain a thing. The, "If," that comes with drop tables is what fuels our dopamine.. so I don't wish for that to be impacted.
Though, some method to mitigate the feeling of hopelessness would be preferable to assuming the game is broken, right?

What if... each time we rolled a drop table, all items that do not drop, increase in drop chance by 0.5%?
Once an item drops, those bonuses are removed from the item.

Things like orbs, credits, common mods, etc... need not apply..
However, things that take a considerable amount of time and effort invested will begin almost instantly to grate on us if we feel we cannot get the drop.
Say with your Kuva Hind.. If each time you create a Lich and Did Not receive the Hind, the Hind increases in chance by 0.5% for the next time.
You're not Certain it's next, but your sense of futility and hopelessness is instead converted into having accomplished future investment.

Apply this also to Pools like ESO.. so that you're marginally less likely to get the same reward, and marginally more likely to get another reward.
With each failed roll, the next roll improves... asking us to continue, rather than mocking us for trying.

That seems like a common sense proposal, so therefore it will never be instituted 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

That seems like a common sense proposal, so therefore it will never be instituted 

I would assume another problem is, "what happens when the drop pools go above 100%?," to which I have no answer.

That, and whatever bizarre internet clout comes with the game being, "True RNG," rather than assisted RNG I suggest.
The main reason for it is because unlike gambling, we're not hitting that invigorating sweet spot of feeling like, "I'll get it next time, I can feel it!" but instead, "I can hypothetically get screwed 1k times without it ever dropping, and thus I don't have to try to know this game overtly disrespects my time."

Not to mention, programming that into every drop pool might be vastly more complicated than I can imagine. ...but It'd sure solve the core cause of resentment and hopelessness that the mechanics cause for both DE and other players.

Edited by kapn655321

What if certain star chart locations had a higher chance for a larvling to drop certain weapons? This could be on a planet/node basis.

Alternatively, Palladino could sell gear items that increase the chance of a specific kuva weapon appearing on a larvling. You just buy it from her, equip it in your gear wheel, and go hunting for larvlings.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I just got it   Just missing bramma and tonkor now. Yay only 200 more runs 

Hopefully you luck out and get a bramma lich that creates a clone so you get two of em firing explosive arrows that insta-kill you./s 

But seriously, I thought the spider-monkey leaping tonkor lich was awful until I got that clone-creating bramma lich. 

Edited by (PS4)O1234321

8 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

Give us a reward equal to the challenge of taking down a Kuva Lich!

Oh wait. . there is no challenge, it's just gridning and more RNG isn't it?

No challenge, means no reward really needed, right? Kuva weapons are pretty strong enough to be a reward