Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SenorClipClop

Please Tone Down the Kuva Bramma's Audio and Visuals for Squadmates

All my missions are just Celestial Twins spamming explosions everywhere. It's fine if they're having fun, but I can't see or hear anything. Please curb these effects for squadmates.

the Player themself can't hear or see anything either, not just other Players that are impaired, heh.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Player themself can't hear or see anything either, not just other Players that are impaired, heh.

If it warrants a tone down globally, that's cool. I'm more concerned for squadmates since the Bramma player consciously subjects themselves to it, whereas the rest of the squad has no choice in the matter.

You're lucky if you're just getting celestial twins. 

The other day I dropped into an arbitration and had a Wukong AND a Mirage both carrying the bramma.

I've never seen the xbox framerate tank so hard.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Synthet1c Angel said:

The other day I dropped into an arbitration and had a Wukong AND a Mirage both carrying the bramma.

The cherry on the cake for you would have been an equinox with duality augment also lol

2 hours ago, Razhius said:

The cherry on the cake for you would have been an equinox with duality augment also lol

The funniest part about the whole thing is I was running Gauss with the Acceltra, yet I was the only person who didn't self damage myself to death all match. 

its easily the most annoying weapon ever made in the game thus far

just in terms of straight visual and audio pollution

Its really only bad if your teammate is shooting at you with it. For as big as the explosion is, its rather low end (audio wise) heavy. 

2 hours ago, Krytac- said:

Its really only bad if your teammate is shooting at you with it. For as big as the explosion is, its rather low end (audio wise) heavy. 

^^ It's at the same Volume level as other Explosives.

Yes this please.

While the devs must put lots of work on these visual and sound effects, I still wish there would be a option to disable or adjust teammate's ability/weapon effect.

(Just like we can disable others' octavia mandachord)

I already toned down effect intensity and other related settings, but whenever someone using kuva bramma/gauss/vauban...(list goes on) with BRIGHT energy color, it's still a nightmare for the eyes. Sometimes I even need to hold "tab" to use the result screen as a filter for the whole mission.

They might not shooting directly at player, but they would shooting wherever the enemies are. Unless knowing your teammate's every next target and escaping that area beforehand, it's hard to avoid the areal visual explosion.

Problems get worse if your melee oriented.

I dived into one of the corpus ship closet rooms, murdered them all and turn round to eat a face full of bramma from a Mirage passing by.
I ran to the next tileset to kill 1 just ONE Lancer and I get hit on the back of the head with the bramma
Then a dangerous mosquito tried to super divebomb me and inject lethal-poison-of-excruciating-pain and I get hit in the face with a bramma

Just give me the option to lower other squadmates effects then the bramma user can be happy and don't go crying "but muh immersion brah!" and I can be happy and don't have to shout back "but muh eyes brah!"