Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time for ESO to change....

MollAgdeduba

I'm writing this post cause is more or less my 100.000 run on ESO and still didn't get the ephemera. I've million of extra focus i can't spend on nothing, and a number of relic that are enought from here to 2050. 

But i still can't take that ephemera. 

So i have some idea to make the ephemera farm a little bit better:

-) AABBCCCCC...C or AAAABBCCCCC...C or NothingANothingANothingBNothingCNothingCNothingC....NothingC rotation instead of NothingANothingANothingBNothingC

-) The guys that buy riven silver on earth could have found a container of blazing step, how lucky!

-) Or maybe that container was found by little duck? 

-) change the drop from 1.1 to 10 or 20 or 10000?

-) Waht if DE accidentally gift to my account a blazing step ephemera? I promise i didn't tell to anyone!

No seriously... make that ephemera farm a little bit easier...

Edited by MollAgdeduba
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It shouldn't be a time attack vs x amount of enemies spawn in x zone for x amount of time with different modifiers and you have to survive until the time is up in that zone to which you can leave or keep going forever 

Oh that would be an interesting thing, get stripped of your weapons and have your abilities locked, make it so you have to evade for X amount of time and have efficiency drop by taking damage. Would be an interesting thing to have each wave have a different objective (or at least every few waves).

Same issue as the rest of the game, lack of balance between player's power (which vary depending on many factor) and difficulty, so difficulty is replaced by the artificial difficulty RNG is. Instead of difficult content, you have to spend time and play until you drop what you want, regardless of you efforts, skills or loadout, since most of game modes are time gated instead of depending on how you perform.

When there is a low drop chance in this kind of time based game modes, you don't need to be efficient of fast, but simply to survive during the time need, so instead of searching for specific strategy to improve your performances, you simply search the loadout that need the less efforts and it lead to some afk type strategy like Volt and Saryn ult spam on ESO.
Overall, low drop chances on these game modes lead to toxicity and unfun play styles to save time, because farming for these low drop chances items you want isn't fun, it's mostly a waste of time.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

The real issue is people loving cosmetics this much. It adds nothing to your performance, mechanics, or stats.

I don't see the problem...

1) I farm for what i want, and cosmetic is not less important than other thing

2) The post is about the eso mechanic and the difficult to drop particular things

3) Since i have almost everything in the game i don't need to search for "performance, mechanics or stat" boost. I just want to look awesome. Is useless to be powerful and ugly. I prefer be powerful and super-sexy.

• Like 1

Why not they just add all RNG based ephemera(if not then most) for a large sum of plat like 500 so people can just buy them instead of farming them. Pay2Win you may say, well yes but also no, noone forces you to pay but you can always play2win its just an option people who dont have time to farm it or just cant be bothered, Another way is an offering system, farm points and then exchange it at simaris or whoever for said points, sure it may take a lot of points and by that time you may have gotten the ephemera as a drop anyways. Maybe make a new way harder eso that has this points system and has only relics as wave rewards so you cant get the ephemera as a drop while farming points for it

i must first point out that all of your Reward Pool changes would essentially mean you lose 90% of your opportunities to even roll Pool C. by making it so to get that Pool even once you must complete either Wave 10 or Wave 14.

and second, don't touch the AABC of one of my most important grinding Missions in the game.
those Radiants are the entire point of playing the Gamemode long term. 

nor do i want Cosmetics as a higher Chance in those Pools, it already has Chances to give me literally nothing (the Screenshot mode/Captura things, the Peculiar Mods).
though, if the Peculiar Mods were taken out entirely and then that Blueprint was merged into those Chances for a 5% Chance, i wouldn't be losing anything then so you could do that if you wanted i guess.

that being said, these Cosmetics are rare for a reason, i'm even highly surprised any of them have been made so easy to get after initial deployment, as their existence is to be a very difficult to acquire long term goal item to get Players to play more.

DE should have kept to what they said they wanted Ephemeras to be: a sign of prestige through having done something incredibly challenging (or at least as close as you can get.

maybe have future Ephemeras as rewards for players who go on long endless runs for like an hour or more, or award one for doing an hour in the Index Endurance along with the John Prodman poster. RNG isn't a challenge, it's just pure luck, you either have it or you don't. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE should have kept to what they said they wanted Ephemeras to be: a sign of prestige through having done something incredibly challenging (or at least as close as you can get.

maybe have future Ephemeras as rewards for players who go on long endless runs for like an hour or more, or award one for doing an hour in the Index Endurance along with the John Prodman poster. RNG isn't a challenge, it's just pure luck, you either have it or you don't. 

yes.. they said that... but the cake is a lie!

• Like 1

This should be fixed someday for sure. 

Blazing Step is 1% just because DE forgot ESO exists.

They`ve done a lot of work ruining the concept of "sign of prestige" for now, especially after moving the most popular ones to 20% probability. Obviously RNG is not taken seriously as a certain kind of player`s effort. 

We still might see the time when the rarest stuff becomes easier to get while Hema costs will remain the same until the end of warframe.😀

Edited by Deminged

Il y a 3 heures, MollAgdeduba a dit :

I'm writing this post cause is more or less my 100.000 run on ESO and still didn't get the ephemera. I've million of extra focus i can't spend on nothing, and a number of relic that are enought from here to 2050. 

-) AABBCCCCC...C or AAAABBCCCCC...C or NothingANothingANothingBNothingCNothingCNothingC....NothingC rotation instead of NothingANothingANothingBNothingC

-) The guys that buy riven silver on earth could have found a container of blazing step, how lucky!

-) Waht if DE accidentally gift to my account a blazing step ephemera? I promise i didn't tell to anyone!

Oh you played 33 333.33 hours of just ESO ? That's 1388 full days, impressive.

Aaaaand, I'm sure you didn't do 10 hours of it...

Aaaaaand the entire point of those ephemeras is to be super rare. You don't tryhard this kind of lottery, you just try your luck from time to time.

If you wanna burn yourself out on a useless cosmetic, that's on you, but don't ask DE to sh*t on its value just so you can feel good about having a common shiny trinket.

And NO, I don't have it either. Not trying to defend my prize or anything.

It took me and my clanmates about 6-8 months of doing single daily ESO runs after each sortie to finally get it. Keyword here: single.  This is to prevent burnout.
So between 180-240 runs total, each only 20min for that Rotation C reward. Then try again the next day.

Farm with moderation and you'll get it without digging yourself into a gaming depression.

25 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Oh you played 33 333.33 hours of just ESO ? That's 1388 full days, impressive.

Aaaaand, I'm sure you didn't do 10 hours of it...

Me using "100.000" as a generic number just to say "a lot of run"

You, the great debunker tht know it is an impossible number... so impressed!  

Aaaaand...

You are sure about nothing! cause i probably made more than 300 run (this time for real number, cause i make at least one a day and some day 2, 3 or more). 

il y a 30 minutes, MollAgdeduba a dit :

Me using "100.000" as a generic number just to say "a lot of run"

You, the great debunker tht know it is an impossible number... so impressed!  

Aaaaand...

You are sure about nothing! cause i probably made more than 300 run (this time for real number, cause i make at least one a day and some day 2, 3 or more). 

Generally when people overblow their stats, it's because they are not too confident about their actual stats.

Why not open by "I did around 300 runs" ? You were afraid people would take you seriously ?

Well, I have very much trouble believing anything you say now...

Aaaaaaand you only addressed the jocky side of my comment...

To be frank I got the ephemera a couple of times and in my first weeks of playing eso, not worth it except for completion purposes.
The stalker one and some of the lich ones are far better.
But I agree, eso should not have that dead space between zones, no matter the reward.

Edited by vegetosayajin

On 2020-02-25 at 5:43 AM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

The real issue is people loving cosmetics this much. It adds nothing to your performance, mechanics, or stats.

That sounds like you're blaming OP for wanting something and pushing hard enough and long enough to make them nearly go insane to get it, instead of DE for dangling a carrot on a stick with little intention of actually giving it away?

I'd argue DE shouldn't be putting cosmetic/prestigeous rewards behind repetitive grind and instead put it behind interesting/fun challenges or endurance/duration challenges. Survive 12-16 zones in ESO  for example, or complete a Tier 3 sortie assassination without mods on your warframe as another example (no easy bosses like serg and no invis frames).

DE knows what they're doing though, and some have accepted it as "that's just how it works" instead of asking for DE to put them behind fun things.  DE intentionally put those behind repetitive grinds with no other intention but killing time. 

Took me 192 kills before I got the electric step from the Exploiter Orb when it first came out, never got the chilled one. I went after blazing, but was already burnt out by over 16 months of trying to get khora's BP (1-5 runs per day every day for over a year). Due to that, I have no desire to play SO?ESO, and because the rewards aren't worth it. If they rewarded endurance (and it scaled correctly to actually allow endurance) maybe they could give stuff like radiant vaulted relics or other stuff. But DE isn't known for making quality missions that you want to play over n over.  The two gems they've made that sustain gameplay after you've obtained all they offer is Disruption and Eidolons and that's mainly due to trading.

• Like 2

On 2020-02-25 at 3:34 AM, MollAgdeduba said:

Gotta love RNG when theres >90% chance that you wont get it.