Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime still can not use default Oberon shoulder pieces

Vespilan

I built default Oberon despite already having Oberon Prime just to show this off because it has been ignored for ages now.
Oberon Prime can still not use default Oberon shoulder pieces or rather "Oberon Armor" Volt can do it too and it works just fine there so Oberon not being able to do it feels like an oversight. 

DBWIAnK.jpg
Non-prime Oberon with default the Freyarch deluxe skin and Oberon shoulder pieces (which makes my fashion look ALOT better imo)

G0HypgP.jpg
Oberon Prime with Oberon Prime shoulder pieces. Note how Oberon default armor is not in the list.

cebxcTb.jpgAnd just as a proof, Volt can use both pieces, prime and non-prime, despite being Prime.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

What about other frames like Banshee? Perhaps being able to use both is the mistake?

Maybe, but why not let it if that is the case? If we can use the "normal" skin on the Prime frames, it should make sense that we can use the "normal" accessories as well.

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

What about other frames like Banshee? Perhaps being able to use both is the mistake?

22 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

Maybe, but why not let it if that is the case? If we can use the "normal" skin on the Prime frames, it should make sense that we can use the "normal" accessories as well.

1 minute ago, KaijuKraid said:

I'm up for allowing Banshee and Oberon using both their original and primed armour pieces. 

It seems that it actually is a mistake. Volt, whom I have been comparing Oberon to, is out of all prime frames the only exception where a prime frame can equip the regular, non-prime accessories.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mzmio3lk8ZvQI1CGK7xjz8dExqb5VfiRd-GJODjwCI/edit?usp=sharing

As Silveira mentioned though, at this point it would be inconsequential for us to not be able to equip the non-prime parts on prime frames as we can already do so with skins and helmets. 

Does DE actually read any of this? I've been asking this for a while now since I got Oberon Prime, I much prefer his standard look to the Prime version. The shoulder armor seems to stick to other skins. Warframe is all about customization and Fashion Frame has been pushed since forever, not having so simple an option is quite baffling tbh.

• Like 1