Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are they still listening?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Just wondering if DE still pay attention to forums.

There are a lot of bug reports, suggestions, debates and other topics full of great material for them to use... but no real acknowledgement from DE. 

The Twitch streams don't seem to match what's going on in the Forums either, it's like they're talking about a totally different game sometimes.

Ever get the feeling that they've made their money and just buggered off to the Bahamas? I hear it's kinda nice this time of year.

• Like 1

they're mainly just getting their heads down and focusing on the content it seems. probably for the best as they have a lot of making up to do after the travesty that was Old Blood and Railjack's launch. it makes things more frustrating for us for a while, hardly getting any news outside of devstreams, but it will be worth it once the next update is released, as it should be filled with content. 

they are working on a lot of stuff simultaneously too, and I've no idea what's coming first. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get multiple big things out at once, like a Nightwave Season 3/Corpus Railjack bumper update. it would explain the silence since the last devstream.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

They do. Just because they don’t respond doesn’t mean they don’t read it. Click this link and see. It would be a total waste of DE’s time to respond to the majority of posts, it also would be if they explored all the suggestions people give.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

There are a lot of bug reports, suggestions, debates and other topics full of great material for them to use... but no real acknowledgement from DE. 

Keep in mind, DE has a vision for what they want with their game. Many suggestions (the vast majority) do not seem to consider balance, how viable something is, or if it is even sensible.

• I imagine bug reports get ignored when people fail to give adequate information. Example: “my game constantly crashes. Fix it now DE!” This is a useless bug report as it provides far too little information
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

The Twitch streams don't seem to match what's going on in the Forums either, it's like they're talking about a totally different game sometimes.

Ever get the feeling that they've made their money and just buggered off to the Bahamas? I hear it's kinda nice this time of year.

Listening does not require speaking.

Nor is anything happening on the forums more than the most tepid of indicators for anything.

The posters here by no means represent the majority of players, or even necessarily a useful cross section of players, just one data point out of many.

DE does "listen" but its is incredibly selective about what and where from listen to at all, Twitter seems to the primary source now (which makes little sense since its both a 3rd party source and has a character limit on its posts), and reddit has become secondary it was the primary source at one point. These forums themselves I wouldn't even place in the 3rd or even 4th place.

• Like 1

No buddy, Everything here is just basically enjoyed by a small subset of the community doing normal forum things...mainly arguing ( From here on out please read in Dexter's voice).... instead of gaming the system by building in-roads with each other and coalescing into a force to be reckoned as an singular voice that cannot be ignored....MUHHAHHAHAAHAH...

of course arguing is fun also...

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Dee Dubbalyoo said:

I wouldn't if I were them. There are good ideas and valid criticism in here but they're usually buried under so much salt you need a shovel to find them. 🤣

just about yeah

now to answer the question, yes they are listening, but that does´nt mean they have to respond to most of the stuff that goes on, thats what mods are for

DE does take in and read/listen to feedback, but:

1. they typically don't reply or acknowledge that they've read something. There are dozens of threads a day and they'd need to have someone's entire job be dipping into threads to say, "huh, interesting idea". Ain't nobody got time for that.
  2. Listening to feedback doesn't mean doing what that feedback says. Players can have a clear idea of what they want, but wanting something doesn't mean it's a good idea for the game. Some players want infinite Energy and a gun that one-shots all bosses, and I don't think it needs to be stated how bad those ideas are.
  • Like 1

i think a lot of it stems from this secretive culture that many gaming companies adopt. now i totally understand the need for secrecy on not yet announced material and the right for devs to choose what to announce. however ive always been against the mute factor like our current situation here. i think it does more harm then good to be completely silent on big updates we already kno are coming. ppl build things up into something theyll never be then r hyper critical once the update arrives. whiteboards r not good obviously lol but no reason not to give timeframes and then keep the community updated as to changes. it helps keep expectations realistic and garners more excitement for the base. all i see is threads of ppl saying theyre bored, NOT talking of scarlett etc cause they really kno nothing about it. n theyd need to answer less threads about issues if they posted more info about bugs updates tennogen etc UPFRONT. y have communications ppl if theyre only doing scripted streams that r infoLESS lol? steves streams are by far more informative and cool in that u see a bunch of stuff ud never see if u didnt work there. idk i love this game and wanna see rj potential fulfilled. good thread.

DE pretty much never use the forums for anything other than posting "news", if you want to reliably get bugreports/suggestions to DE then the only working method has been to use twitter or be a friend of theirs.  Apart from briefly at Warframes early inception the forums have pretty much always been a place for us mortals to vent and talk to each other.

Edited by Methanoid

IDK... Has close to every piece of content been made p*ss easy few months after launch ?

Then yes, they are listenning to the herd of idiots that can't stay focused for more than 5 minutes and want everything in a day... Before they complain about content drought that is, once they got the p*ss easy experience they asked for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

DE does "listen" but its is incredibly selective about what and where from listen to at all, Twitter seems to the primary source now (which makes little sense since its both a 3rd party source and has a character limit on its posts), and reddit has become secondary it was the primary source at one point. These forums themselves I wouldn't even place in the 3rd or even 4th place.

Sounds like it is behind RNG.

Looking at the changes to RJ aswell as the latest few changes to Liches I'd say they are listening since most of the things we've gotten are things we've asked for. Some of the people behind liches though were just a bit stubborn regarding the changes when they were first brought up last year. But atleast those persons came to their senses and realized the system that they were so proud of wasnt enjoyed very much by the players.

Hopefully it was a learning experience, so the next time alot of people say something needs massive changes and that some things feel cheap, maybe they'll fix/change it sooner rather than later even if their creative pride takes a hit.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

well, i think they read them because there was a status bug that existed for multiple months and it didnt get patched until i made a post in GD about it.

4 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

well, i think they read them because there was a status bug that existed for multiple months and it didnt get patched until i made a post in GD about it.

Was it fixed quickly after that with a note from DE about your thread? If not, someone else probably posted it in the correct place and DE saw it. I also cannot find the thread you mention - I was curious what the bug was.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Was it fixed quickly after that with a note from DE about your thread? If not, someone else probably posted it in the correct place and DE saw it. I also cannot find the thread you mention - I was curious what the bug was.

it existed for like 6 months and it was patched 2 days after i posted about it in GD