Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A thought for an exotic vendor within the void open world

(NSW)Derithium

It's currently 1.08 am. I'm lying here try to sleep before school and like all great, or in this case maybe not so much. We will see what the community thinks, ideas. It hits me, we have kitguns and zaws. And with the recent announcement of primary kit guns we bow have a modular of every kind of weapon in the game. Except one. Now you may already see where this is going but for those who don't. Warframes, we have no modular warframes. And then this thought hit me. The exotic vendor in the void, for the duviri paradox. Should give you your modular warframe. But I not only thought of this completely original idea. I also thought if who this should... no not really should but could be. The Stalker... now hear me out. The Stalker isn't just going to hand you over your warframe. No. The Stalker is gonna make you work for it. Broken after being defeated by you. And angry. Your first test is to fight and kill him. Succeeding you will be granted the access to his standing. Much like the quills or vox Solaris. Once opening his shop you will see his wares. The only way to increase standing is to kill things within the void obviously. Things who would naturally be against the stalker. Sorry if this isn't making sense so far but here's where my thoughts all kind of. Collide.

Unlocked at rank one - broken

The ability to purchase the first and second ability of any warframe in the game... I'll explain how this is going to work at the end of the post.

Unlocked at rank 2 - defective

The ability to purchase the armour of any warframe in the game

Unlocked at rank 3 - 'fearless'?

The about to purchase the third ability of any warframe in the game

Unlocked at rank 4 - (really really Not sure what to call this one...)

The ability to purchase any frames fourth ability.

Unlocked at rank 5 - Acolyte (obviously)

The ability to purchase and craft the final piece of your modular frame. The Stalker helmet. No other helmets are available. Only the classic stalker look. Or maybe a few different sizes so they fit better with certain frame bodies

Now the way all this is gonna work in my head. You need 1 or each ability. Obviously. And a body and the helmet. Now the reason I didn't go with a systems, neauroptics chassis idea is because I as too tired to remeber that was a thing. But now I've thought of a better reason so pretend I didn't say that. After you guild your new modular frame it gets the ability of umbra. To maintain its own sentience. Anyway the main idea.

Take any frame body and place 4 abilities of any warframe in the game. The kicker. You can't use two abilities from the same frame. So no just making a Hydroid that looks like mesa. All 4 abilities must come from different frames and they mist be a first second third and fourth. The other thing is that all the bodies are gonna be crafted from parts where that acctual warframe is found. Example hydroid's bod is made from parts on earth. While nova would be built from parts on europa.

Random ideas because sentences are hard man:

When you guild these frames the bodies become their prime variants. And gain color customise ability. Before that they stay in classic stalker colors.

The reason you have to wait until rank 5 to buy all the parts. Rather then other weapons where there is always one you can can build no matter what rank you are but because of how much the stalker hates everything we are. We need to become an acolyte before he's going to let us save the world from devestation and unite all peoples within our nations under the flag of true teenage angst.

No I don't know what that last sentence was and I'm too tired to re read it. 

The stalkers helmet can only be made from parts dropped by the hardest bosses within the map for the duviri paradox

I don't know what is up with the stalker fight idea. I just thought it would be cool to have to prove yourself before you can take a part in his cult.

I think that's everything. Feel free to tell me that this is terrible. Ill read this in the korning but as of now it is 1.30 am and im going to bed.

TL:DR let's be friend with the human embodiment of teenage angst and the lyrics to pumped up kicks

Edited by (NSW)Derithium

I had a similar thought concerning modular warframes or as I would call them frankenframes. Simply put you would have a main blueprint and to craft it you have to give up a crafted neuroptics, system,and chassis blueprint of regular warframes (NOT PRIME). This would decide what the first three abilities are. The 4th ability would be a set in stone ultimate like an exalted weapon or aoe ability.

Now this idea would need a lot of work but it would allow people to put to use all those excess warframe part blueprints they have sitting in their inventories. 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Ravenmore1 said:

I had a similar thought concerning modular warframes or as I would call them frankenframes. Simply put you would have a main blueprint and to craft it you have to give up a crafted neuroptics, system,and chassis blueprint of regular warframes (NOT PRIME). This would decide what the first three abilities are. The 4th ability would be a set in stone ultimate like an exalted weapon or aoe ability.

Now this idea would need a lot of work but it would allow people to put to use all those excess warframe part blueprints they have sitting in their inventories. 

I acctually had a similar thought that I think works good as a response to this other post. Make it so the only way to craft the ability parts is to use the parts from that frame. 1st ability needs chassis to make. 2nd needs neauroptics. 3rd needs systems. And the 4th needs the full frame. And on the side of how woupdnthey make you pay for these. Daily specials. Like saw and kit guns.

Like I said the idea needs work. Heck they could make them syndicate rank 5 rewards (main 6 syndicates) with each syndicate frame having a unique 4th ability tied to that group. Or they could drop from vaults like corrupted mods do but on lua tilesets or sentient tiles and the quills would fuse/guild them once they are ranked.

baro makes trips to void and sells wares every other week....

Baro Ki’Teer, also known as the Void Trader, is a character known for his love of the exotic and the luxurious, especially those involving the Orokin Void. He involves himself with the Tenno by selling various rare artifacts and valuable items unavailable anywhere else

15 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

baro makes trips to void and sells wares every other week....

Excepttttt I'm not talking about a trader for the void but for one in the hub town for the duviri paradox. And the whole post is about a trader in warframe parts for a modular warframe, specifically i talk about how I think it should be the stalker, while i don't doubt we should interact with Baro during the duviri paradox, he is a trader in void relics, prime and prisma gear, etc. NOT warframe parts, baring of course the sands of inaros, but that is a quest and has more to do with his Martian heritage than it does his identity as the void trader.

I doubt this is gonna happen. "modular" isn't really a theme, it's a quality. themes do matter, as that's what people usually get behind when they are hyped for new warframes. a great example is Gauss, the "speed frame" if you just go by his name it doesn't mean much, but when you say "he's themed around high speed", people start to take notice, especially if they like the idea of high speed. a frame like what you describe is just a mix of existing elements that may not even synergize, and it would therefore be outright worse than something new.

of course, getting something entirely new is tricky now that we have so many frames, and we have noticed some overlapping between abilities, but most people are more likely to go for a new design and farm a new frame, than go through whatever grind to make a modular frame that is just a mixture of existing ones.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I doubt this is gonna happen. "modular" isn't really a theme, it's a quality. themes do matter, as that's what people usually get behind when they are hyped for new warframes. a great example is Gauss, the "speed frame" if you just go by his name it doesn't mean much, but when you say "he's themed around high speed", people start to take notice, especially if they like the idea of high speed. a frame like what you describe is just a mix of existing elements that may not even synergize, and it would therefore be outright worse than something new.

of course, getting something entirely new is tricky now that we have so many frames, and we have noticed some overlapping between abilities, but most people are more likely to go for a new design and farm a new frame, than go through whatever grind to make a modular frame that is just a mixture of existing ones.

The way I see it it would either be really op or really weak, and yes this is a problem, for example you could destroy any grind by having a frame built like

1st ability- anything really though i like the idea of using Vauban's 'the squad'

2nd ability- desecrate

3rd ability- prowl

4th ability- pilfering storm augmented hydroid 4th, i can't remember the name of it.

but then you'd also get some really really garbage mixes.

I still think that modular frames would be something to get behind because it is essentially the playable stalker everyone wants, the reason i chose him as the vendor is because his whole thing is that his arsenal is multiple frames abilities, exalted blade, that nova ability, etc. and with the only helmet option being stalker based helmets i think it's a great way to have a playable stalker. thats just my opinion though

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Yeah no, we have seen Modular weapons power creeped non modular ones and access to powerful upgrades (Arcanes). We don't want that to Warframes where it will create a very strict Meta.

Yeah a meta might happen. But let it. The game is PVE so you can always go against the meta Esspecially if you're not running super high level long defenses. ItIt'snot like creating an over powered unbalanced hero in a game like OW where you would need one on every team or you would loose. Warframe can be played the whole way through with frames from the second you wake up. Some are inherently better but none stop you playing the game.

If there were Modular Frames, I suggest that their powers would be anywhere lower than a Pure frame. You know how it is when we are going up in levels with Pure frames....these should cap at various levels using Power Points to determine the levels. 

For instance, you pick your 4 powers and either you can get your 4th at level 25....all the rest cap at 5. You can also place those 30 level points evenly over the abilities or mix them up. But they canno go past 25 top. 

Of course these would be shown after we find out what the Acolytes have been attempting to tell our frames all these years