Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove forced FOV in hubs & relays

sleepylichdisease

The only thread I could find on this topic was from 2015 and has since been closed and archived but I feel this is important so I wanted to bring back the discussion since it's been a few years since it's had any attention. I'm a fairly new player to this game (I started in 2014, played for like half an hour, didn't touch it for years, and just came back) and I'm also a gamer who unfortunately struggles with motion sickness. One thing that lets me have some control over that is changing my FOV, and luckily since changing my FOV in Warframe I haven't had a single case of motion sickness... exceeept when it comes to the orbiter, hubs & relays like Cetus, Maroo's Bazaar, any of the relays, etc. Because for whatever reason, the FOV is locked in those areas. It's not as noticeable in the orbiter given it's a pretty small space and you don't have to move around much and are mostly looking at menus anyway, but in larger areas like Cetus it becomes really noticeable and can cause issues for players like me.

I can somewhat understand the locked FOV in enclosed spaces like the orbiter, but forcing us into a specific FOV in a large space feels really unnecessary and makes it hard to play the game when I have to go to those places. The ability to fast travel helps somewhat, but in some places like Maroo's Bazaar there is no fast travel, and sometimes running from one place to another is unavoidable even when fast travel exists (like having to run from Konzu to the gate when your party accepts a bounty in Cetus, having to run into the Quills hideout as your operator).

• Like 1

I suffer from nausea in any game with tight FOV or fluctuating FOV (example: Gauss) and ive tried everything. 

Anywhere but in missions feels incredibly claustrophobic.

Even the max FOV setting the game lets you use in-game is just barely adequate for me. 

Usually in games I set my resolution on my 1080p monitor to an ultrawide resolution which narrows my horizontal resolution a bit for extra FOV, BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY IN WARFRAME AS IT WILL SCALE THE RESOLUTION TO FIT YOUR SCREEN.

All in all I tend to get a headache from the constant FOV changing, and I wish DE would give us more options. 

• Like 1