Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Buffs

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

MOAs are, from what I can tell, meant to be a hybrid of sentinels and beasts, with the strengths and weaknesses of both. That being said, they seem to have more of the weaknesses than the strengths. I feel like they need some love, whether it's just stat buffs or letting them equip more than two abilities, and definitely buff the abilities too. They just aren't that good compared to what Kavats and other Sentinels do. Maybe make it so that their different components have more meaningful stat differences?

Currently, the stats are largely negligible and it's mostly a cosmetic decision. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but I'm just throwing out ideas. On a sidenote, the new melee-based MOA seems to have way too little HP/armor to suit a melee fighter, but those stats are likely to change. Maybe buff their special weapons too - none of them seem better than standard Sentinel weapons like the Sweeper or Vulklok, but I could be mistaken since I'm just judging that by the way their base stats look. 

EDIT: While we're here, let's go over some other buffs/changes for other companions:
Kubrows need to be tankier and more dangerous by default. I think that just boosting their HP and damage by a solid 50% would be sufficient to put them back on the radar, in addition to some tweaks to their abilities. Second, all companions should follow the way MOAs handle their Attack Precepts: If no weapon is equipped, they don't attack. Remove all the attack precept mods from Sentinels, and give Kubrows and Kavats "Fangs" and "Claws" that would be removable so they don't fight, but more importantly: moddable. Everything like Bite, Maul, and Frost Jaw would go on these, making them like Sentinels who have 10 slots plus a whole weapon to mod. Currently, Kubrows and Kavats only have 10 slots total to split between their damage mods and other things, and it just isn't fair compared to every other type of Companion. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

5 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Kubrows need to be tankier and more dangerous by default. I think that just boosting their HP and damage by a solid 50% would be sufficient to put them back on the radar, in addition to some tweaks to their abilities.

The trick with boosting HP for a non-Sentinel companion is that their health, armor, or shields come from the Link mods, which are additive against the companion's stats and drawn from the frame's modded ones. You could give them a very high armor value, such that their base modified by Metal Fiber would result in more armor than most frames could give them by Link Armor. Base of 300 maybe?

5 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

EDIT: While we're here, let's go over some other buffs/changes for other companions:

Sentinels need to not start drawing agro whenever the warframe stops. If you are downed, enemies will ignore your frame and immediately delete your sentinel. If you jump into operator mode, enemies will ignore your frame and immediately delete your sentinel. It can happen during finisher animations. It's exceptionally busted.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1