Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GRENDEL CAN'T USE HIS ABILITIES ON INDEX!

Nezeloonian

Since Grendel was released  in Warframe, players that have him, almost don't play with him. The reason I say this, is because you don't see Grendel along side every mission type. I can't say the same for warframes like Hildryn, Wisp and Gauss. So decided to use Grendel on Index, because I was bored with the use of Rhino, Revenant, Nezha, Wukong, Equinox and Mirage (frames I use the most on Index). Sadly I was suprised with the discover that Grendel can't use any of his powers, even his passive, because he is unable to eat a single enemy on Index! 

I don't know if that was intended, but was kind of a annoying surprise.The design of Index was not made for Grendel players!!! WHY GRENDEL CAN'T EAT A SINGLE ENEMY ON INDEX?! There is a reason for that? 

There're some other mission types where Grendel powers don't work too? So, I will continue to use him to see if things like this happens in other missions too. 

1 hour ago, Nezeloonian said:

Since Grendel was released  in Warframe, players that have him, almost don't play with him. The reason I say this, is because you don't see Grendel along side every mission type. I can't say the same for warframes like Hildryn, Wisp and Gauss. So decided to use Grendel on Index, because I was bored with the use of Rhino, Revenant, Nezha, Wukong, Equinox and Mirage (frames I use the most on Index). Sadly I was suprised with the discover that Grendel can't use any of his powers, even his passive, because he is unable to eat a single enemy on Index! 

I don't know if that was intended, but was kind of a annoying surprise.The design of Index was not made for Grendel players!!! WHY GRENDEL CAN'T EAT A SINGLE ENEMY ON INDEX?! There is a reason for that? 

There're some other mission types where Grendel powers don't work too? So, I will continue to use him to see if things like this happens in other missions too. 

He also can’t use them in rathuum it’s because they are special enemies and Grendel would easily break the missions.

I recall some content creator showcasing Grendel's eating abilities on the index, and he showed these abilities off to great effect. Gobbling up Index enemies from various distances, and dumping them in a pile together and just annihilating them with melee or a good gun thereafter

I have been using Grendel as an alternative to Mesa in low energy sorties, but I never got down to testing him in Index since I have no need for credits, but I guess DE patched the Index interaction out between the time that content creator made his video, and now.

Edited by Xepthrichros

Honestly, I love Grendel. He's a ton of fun, but at his core he's incredibly polarising. With Feast being a situational basis for his entire kit, I don't think there's any way to really balance it in his current state without a rework of Feast.

That said, I don't mind it too much. Grendel is absurdly good for certain mission types since his Feast might as well be an instant kill. --and if it doesn't instant kill upon spitting enemies up, then it's still a very, very good CC. Occasionally, I'll use Grendel for Railjack because not only does he CC ramsled teams super easily, he actually strips their armor too, which isn't so easily available in Railjack since armor stripping statuses basically don't work.

Ultimately, there should be a way for Grendel to gain Feast stacks without eating enemies (or at least let us use Pulverise without Feast stacks...). Not necessarily a more efficient or easy method, but something just to make his kit still usable.

Anyway, if you want to have a genuinely fun experience with Grendel not hampered by the CC restrictions attached to his entire kit, I 10/10 recommend Grendel for Empyrean missions. Stay in your Railjack and enjoy those home delivered meals. 😋

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Khora works on Index. Vauban works on Index.

...just... let all the abilities work on index... Please, DE? =/

Whatever the goal of the, "balance," was, is totally lost, subverted, and circumnavigated by oversights anyways.

ed sheeran GIF

• Like 3

Index could use a serious rework. It has three tiers primarily distinguished by how much time they take per round, and the leveling means that round 3 is very likely to take as long as the first two rounds did in any one of the three difficulty tiers, while the only reward for staying in longer is not having to pay the entry fee again. Meanwhile there's Onslaught over there, happy with two very distinct difficulty tiers and an arcade-style constant escalation of level and reward, thanks to said reward just being the affinity value of the enemies in question. Considering they both follow the model that you can keep going until you can't and keep what you got, it sure would be nice for Index to follow the same pattern in scaling, too.

The pseudo-Conclave rules that Index and Rathum follow with doubled orbs, static pickups that disappear when any one player picks them up instead of enemy drops that appear separately for everyone, and no companions doesn't seem necessary - and if they wanted to ban vacuum, they could just make it not work on Index points. But the rules of what abilities work and don't on which enemies seem not so much arbitrary as "we haven't looked at this list since 2017 or so."

I only play lowest Index, and by the end of the 3rd round, I find the enemies are such bullet sponges, they're no longer fun to fight.

For this reason, I wouldn't even bother go past 2 rounds on highest investment, but I really wouldn't bother to begin with.
Besides, most of my favorite frames and loadouts don't really suit Index.. so asking for a, "harder," index to me as a player, is not my idea of a good time.

Edited by kapn655321

Index enemies having Alloy armor means that you don't get to double dip on Corrosive's 75% armor ignore and 25% strip proc against Ferrite, and have to choose between them instead, either the strip with Corrosive or the bonus with Radiation. So they do get tanky fast. 

And what you're doing is just what makes sense with the current setup. You're maximizing credits per time. There isn't any point going to round four on the first two Investment levels or round three on the third.

I'm currently running Index solely for the Rising Tides mission (6 EFFING MILLION, WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K DE!)

Index definitely needs a Rework. Thank Glob for Rhinos with Arca Plasmor always being in there to carry my fatass.

It was easy when I had the credit booster (250,000 X 2 = 500,000, 2 runs on high risk index = 1 mil) but without the credit booster (and honestly, even with it) this mission alone will burn me out faster than anything. And I just fricken' got back last month.

At least add a multiplier for longer runs.

index does really need a rework both my grendel and inaros builds only use survivability and speed mods. hopefully they get that stupid pseudo conclave BS out.

Edit: side note reason they probably didnt bring neptune disruption credit value up to index values is because people would abandon index.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1