Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade chat bot illegal?

CyberKn1ght

Question

Is using a bot that just pastes my WTS order in trade chat every 5 mins illegal?

Also on a completely unrelated note, does someone have any tips for trading prime parts for a noob? Because standing in relays takes too long, trade chat also takes a couple of days to sell one part and nobody checks warframe.market, even you sell for the lowest price

Like if warframe supports trading, why can't it have a nice looking market like in EVE online for example? Even crossout has a better market!

Thanks for your time

-MR5 noob

• Like 4

13 answers to this question

What does the law have to do with it?

Are they going to take you to video game jail?

Seriously though, with DE I wouldn't not risk it, their support side can be heavy handed with bans.

I've used Warframe.market several times and while it can take a bit to get a response depending on the time and day you are on, it does seem to be used a lot.  Just login while you are online and playing, no need to wait for a trade to come in.  People are generally cool if you tell them it'll be a few minutes until your mission is over.

4 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Dunno what you're on about, I sold 220ish plat of stuff in about an hour. Time between trades varies wildly, but I assure you people check.

If I have whatever is hot at the moment listed anywhere near average price I will get xbox messages, in-game messages and site messages within a few hours at the most.  For anything else outside of current hotness, expensive items take a while to move (on xbox at least), but meta mods go like hot cakes.  I cannot keep extra 60/60's, berserker or popular corrupted mods in my inventory longer than a few days after listing them.  I made about 650p in an hour and a half just selling BS 10-20p mods in TC and responding to market requests.

People that don't like the market are either the people that still have Condition Overload listed at 150p or people that don't have anything worth selling.

as far as Trade Chat would be concerned, there isn't any difference between a Script that presses Paste and Enter every few Minutes, and a Human doing so. you're already on a Cooldown anyways.
there's nothing a Script could do in Trade Chat that a Human couldn't. it'd be.... difficult to call that 'cheating' or something.

and a robot comes with disadvantages anyways, if someone isn't actually there, when someone sends a PM and doesn't get an answer they'll move on to someone else anyways.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

Autotype is particularly useful for people who are trading riven (which isn't fully supported by .market), as those could take days to months for interested buyer/seller to show up.  Even if they missed the pm as afk, the deal could still be up for a very long time in riven trade.

I am not against autotype in trade chat as we could filter keywords with ease. The chat flow is also readable. On top of that we all have 120s cool down so there is no spamming allowed at all.  I know there are countless people using autotype, yet I haven't heard anyone was banned because of that 

Use at your own risk. I won't encourage you to use it. Just don't abuse something that's not serious but still might break the rule.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

The main thing no matter what venue you choose to trade is to have patience.

Unless you completely heavily undercut fair prices you have to be patient.

E.G.: offer a Bramma riven for 10p and you'll sell it in seconds. So YAAAH ! You got 10p.

Of course the one buying it at 10p will most likely not even roll it and just sell it on for several hundred plat at the bare minimum, most likely he'll able to get 1000 plat for it if not more, depending on rolls and stats.

Second thing to keep in mind. Don't do WTS and expect a sale each and every time.

In fact, you'll make much more sales and at a fairer price if you respond to WTB's, the only thing there is to keep to your guns. Don't fail for the whiney, bullying or toxic know-nothings that think that because they can't be bothered and don't have plat that everything should , if not free, be only worth a few plat.

13 hours ago, TheJavaDev said:

nobody checks warframe.market, even you sell for the lowest price

If you're just selling random prime parts, you'll have better luck when baro is around. I think the going rate is 2p a piece or something. 

It's possible you're simply trying to sell things that nobody wants. Doesn't matter how cheap it is, if there's simply no buyers.

If you're selling rare parts, especially from Axi relics and/or new Primes, then you should have better luck.