Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything wrong with Hildryn's Balefire

RedToothKaki

-No cult members allowed-

Let's be honest, me posting this is at best -- pointless. And if it's not already apparent, yes I know this post will be ignored and forgotten. We all want to fix the game but the developing side of this -- what-- almost 10 year old "beta" is in the hands of maybe 10 individuals. So-- with that out of the way, this is a post of everything I THINK could be done to make balefire better. That, and I felt really motivated to post this topic.

Now, If you know me -- which none of you don't obviously -- I like hildryn. But I hate hildryn as well. I like her because of her kit, but I hate her because she can't actually fly -- instead she's restricted to a 11m height limit, which ain't very high. I hate her because her 4th ability feels half finished. I hate her because the rest of her skills drain too much of the resource that she needs to survive. But I like her because she's actually a team player kinda frame. So, with the addition of her first , and probably will end up being the only one that's useful, augment for balefire, it gave hildryn a chance to replenish her shields while her 4th is activated -- which she very much needed considering most people in warframe are doing advanced level content. But, what about balefire itself? Well, it still does decent damage against anything without armor sooooo there's that. However, it isn't at the least bit rewarding to use even with her new augment -- ofcourse, by the ability itself and not complimented by her 4th.

Sweet and simple....ish:

-How about a weapon augment for balefire that you get from Cephalon Suda? Instead of something typical like decrease in charge rate -- how about charge meters? Something unique. BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MOOOOOORE! So, anyone who has used hildryn, knows there's that liiiiittle charge circle that indicates when it is fully charged. When this mod is installed, and the circle is full -- instead of stopping, it continues with a new line in a different color (like red...or green... or something). And when that circle is full, it goes to a different color with a new line. There should be numbers above this circle to indicate the charges -- BUT!! how many you can charge is fully dependant on hildryn's power strength (Off the top of my head, every 30-45% power strength will grant you the ability to charge a new "meter".). Once you release your mouse button to shoot, instead of this fast projectile being fired, it is a giant laser that has 3.0 punch through and has a crit chance bonus of 50% (at 100% power strength -- ideally at maximum 95% capping at 200% power strength.) These bonuses are flat, meaning it doesn't bring balefires crit chance from 5% to like -- 7%. instead it brings balefires crit chance from 5% to 100% (100% at the 95% bonus cap I mentioned ^.). Imma be honest, I got this idea from using the laser musket from fallout 4, so that's what I imagine when coming up with this one -- Speaking of which, maybe the crit bonus can go off of how many charges you have, which is dependant on your power strength? Also, obviously if its a crit chance buff -- there needs to be a crit damage buff as well lol.

- Another Idea I had revolves around hildryn's 4th ability. Imma make this short and sweet since my fingers are tired -- an augment where, when hildryn is hovering in her 4th ability, her 1st ability becomes what is most literally, a dual wielded angstrum. Now, the angstrum is the corpus version of the kulstar -- a sidearm capable of shooting minature rockets. The difference between the angstrum and the kulstar? the kulstar acts like the zarr, in which when the main projectiles explode, they shoot out tiny projectiles that also explode. The angstrum's rockets don't do that, they just go boom. So-- why give hildryn two angstrums? So she can carpet bomb enemies with that bare useless 11m flight limit of hers, that's why.

That is all class. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Actually not to bad of an idea but in terms of.power its broken. I think de is trying to stray away from op op op things if tweaked to be more in line I think I'd be fun though 

the way I can balance this idea further is when it comes to the 3.0 punch through and the crit chance buff.

drop the punch through down to maybe something odd numbered like 1.2

and the crit chance at max capped will bring balefires crit chance from 5% to like 45 or 50%.

In terms of the "giant laser" -- its purely just visuals. its not like a beam of arca plasmor kinda shots or nothin lol. Just get tired of seeing the same projectile being fired over and over and over sometimes. 

OH, I did forget to mention this in the original post -- with the first idea, Balefire will loose its explosive capabilities.

Now that I think about it, if balefire looses its explosive capabilities -- then there should be no screen shake what-so-ever when charging balefire lol. It also turns this augment idea into sort of a precision, high damaging kinda thing for hildryn in which case she can't even aim while using her 4th. so that's another issue. also while outside her 4th the zoom level ain't all that great -- granted that can be fixed with mods but still. so -- eh, at the end of the day this is a drawing board kinda thing

but if the projectile is retained to its current form or slightly morphed into a type of arrow shaped object (at current it is literally a little ball with particle effects), that's less work almost. But then after that, the projectile should logically have its projectile flight speed increased by maaabye 15-20% of what it is currently, and the explosion radius halfed -- thus giving hildryn's balefire that anti-material sniper rifle kinda feeling. And this is all combined with the crit chance/crit damage buff as well as the punch through addition explained above.

There is one other issue, shield drain. Idk, I feel like shield drain should -- ironically enough-- increase over time as you are charging up the meters. maybe capping out at an addition 2-3 shield points per second charging it up.

2 hours ago, RedToothKaki said:

the way I can balance this idea further is when it comes to the 3.0 punch through and the crit chance buff.

drop the punch through down to maybe something odd numbered like 1.2

and the crit chance at max capped will bring balefires crit chance from 5% to like 45 or 50%.

In terms of the "giant laser" -- its purely just visuals. its not like a beam of arca plasmor kinda shots or nothin lol. Just get tired of seeing the same projectile being fired over and over and over sometimes. 

OH, I did forget to mention this in the original post -- with the first idea, Balefire will loose its explosive capabilities.

Not necessary in my opinion. Yes, You get phat crit and punchthrough. But the need to charge it for a couple of seconds makes it balanced. Still probably weaker than Opticor. And by the time You charge your Big Laser of Death, every enemy in sight would be killed by teammates anyway. OPs idea is sound, no need to nerf further IMO. 

Balefire could also auto equip when using 4. Would make gameplay much smoother. And, while visually we get two launchers when hovering, it has no gameplay justification. I would like them to become auto charge with reduced charge time. Just equip Magnum Force, all multishot mods for constant bombardment:-) Reduced explosions radius when dual wielded would be reasonable balancing idea. 

Edited by (PS4)Jacobivan

13 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Pretty much, more so as its in the heaving morass that is general discussion and not anywhere useful like Feedback

this isn't a feedback kind of post -- its a discussion discussing my little head cannon to make balefire better. 

To put it in feedback would mean that this idea is something that would NEED to be done -- in which case it would be even further ignored, not only by the community but by the developers, let's be honest.

To sum this post up, its more or less simply a chat about an idea I had. Also, I treat the feedback threads as bug report threads. If anything I would rather post a topic about how balefire keeps launching Clem's brothers into orbit rather than this idea there lol