Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Larvling Farm

tennomantra

It's nice to see the addition of having the power to choose the desired weapon before executing a larvling, but I recently had the misfortune of experiencing how tedious this process can be, when you're aiming to get one specific weapon.
  I've always gone to 'Cassini, Saturn' in solo for this purpose, as it can be completed within 90 seconds. I own all kuva weapons and so, right now, I want to make Bramma stronger. So far I've been repeating this mission for over an hour, totaling around 40 runs and I haven't yet had an option for Bramma. This is a problem.

We have 16 kuva weapons, thus there is a 6.25% chance to get the weapon I want every time I go into this mission. Considering that I've been doing this for an hour now and there is no guarantee that it won't take another hour, I know this isn't efficient, so I can shave off around 30 seconds per run, by aborting a mission if I don't get the weapon I want. 100 kuva (200 with booster) per run is not enough to prevent me from doing that and while it wouldn't do anyone any harm, it doesn't feel like a finished feature, if the most optimal way of going about it is repeating and aborting the same mission until I get the desired result.

One suggestion- prevent not just the same weapon appearing twice in a row, but the same weapon appearing again completely. In this case, it would never take more than 16 runs to get the weapon you want.

To clarify, this is for when you don't have a lich. I'm suggesting that repeatedly meeting Larvlings would never offer a weapon that has been offered before, which would reset after obtaining and defeating the lich.

Edited by tennomantra

1 hour ago, tennomantra said:

It's nice to see the addition of having the power to choose the desired weapon before executing a larvling, but I recently had the misfortune of experiencing how tedious this process can be, when you're aiming to get one specific weapon.
  I've always gone to 'Cassini, Saturn' in solo for this purpose, as it can be completed within 90 seconds. I own all kuva weapons and so, right now, I want to make Bramma stronger. So far I've been repeating this mission for over an hour, totaling around 40 runs and I haven't yet had an option for Bramma. This is a problem.

We have 16 kuva weapons, thus there is a 6.25% chance to get the weapon I want every time I go into this mission. Considering that I've been doing this for an hour now and there is no guarantee that it won't take another hour, I know this isn't efficient, so I can shave off around 30 seconds per run, by aborting a mission if I don't get the weapon I want. 100 kuva (200 with booster) per run is not enough to prevent me from doing that and while it wouldn't do anyone any harm, it doesn't feel like a finished feature, if the most optimal way of going about it is repeating and aborting the same mission until I get the desired result.

One suggestion- prevent not just the same weapon appearing twice in a row, but the same weapon appearing again completely. In this case, it would never take more than 16 runs to get the weapon you want.

To clarify, this is for when you don't have a lich. I'm suggesting that repeatedly meeting Larvlings would never offer a weapon that has been offered before, which would reset after obtaining and defeating the lich.

I wanted a Chakkur, but it kept giving me Bramma and Nukor so I decided to bamboozle the game and took up the Bramma since I only have a 47% Bramma so it's only gonna help reach 60%. So what I wanna say is this... If you are not getting what you want from RNG, take the second best option and try another day. 

56 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

I wanted a Chakkur, but it kept giving me Bramma and Nukor so I decided to bamboozle the game and took up the Bramma since I only have a 47% Bramma so it's only gonna help reach 60%. So what I wanna say is this... If you are not getting what you want from RNG, take the second best option and try another day. 

Eventually there is only one option left. And I am in that place already. Bramma is the only weapon that I want to upgrade.
  This isn't so much a personal concern, because if this feature gets tweaked, it won't be relevant to me by that point, I'm just pointing out something that I see as a flaw in design, in hopes that it gets improved, for people who are yet to experience this content. 

Edited by tennomantra
  • Like 1

I had bramma on 2nd run at 57% (lucky I know), but the lich did not spawn for 8 consecutive runs. she knew I had the combination right, I guess. best way to deal with rng - break the bad charm and leave it until next day. it really does wonders not just to rng, but also to your state of mind 🙂