Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Removal Of Orokin Technology

EvoChaos

Greetings fellow Tenno, I am here to propose a small but requested feature from the council channel:

The removal of Orokin Catalysts and Reactors.

Now I know what you're all thinking, "DE would never do that, potatoes cost platinum and they make money off of that."

Well don't worry, I have thoughtfuly balanced this out, and gotten the approval of two other council members as well as implemented ideas of the community, the idea is as follows:

1) The ability to remove Orokin Catalysts and Reactors from warframes and weaponry with a timed period between removals, say 7-10 days.

2) Removal is not only costly (200,000 to 400,000 credits), but also degrades the removed reactors/catalysts, rendering them unusable after two extractions (Second destroys it) as well as any equipment that a reactor/catalyst is removed from will be damaged beyond repair, rendering it unusable.

3) Implementing the ability to purchase an instant time renewal for 5 platinum (Much like the rush system in the foundry) And/Or purchase a Limit Withdrawl (Timed like an affinity/credit booster, but removes the time limit for said timescale) for 40 platinum valid for 4 days.

4) The implimentation of 'Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Extractors' purchaseable for 15 platinum and do not degrade the equipment it is extracted from, but still adhere to the time limit (In the future possibly craftable in clan-tech labs).

Points 3 and 4 keep money flowing to the development team, and still helps improve upon giving the players what they ask for.

Thank you for your time, I hope you too agree with what I have proposed.

-Chaos

Note: This is only an idea as a basis, the DE Development team can interpret and modify this as they see fit, it is in no way, shape or form a dead set list that they are required to follow.

Edited by EvoChaos

So basically its:

Every 7 to 10 days you can remove the catalyst/reactor from a weapon/frame. You destroy the equipment that it is removed from and you get your potato back. After 2 extractions the potato is destroyed, unless you buy a special item with plat that allows you to extract it without damaging/destroying the potato or the gear.

My main question is: Why?

Potatoes aren't so rare that you would commonly need to preserve them like that, especially at the cost of the gear that its currently put into.

I like this idea and I'm all for it. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. It sounds reasonable as DE make enough bank from everything else that aren't Cats and reactors, so making them removable, within reasonable limits ofcourse, doesn't sound to me, like they'd go bankrupt and lose a fortune, so I see no reason why this can't, or shouldn't be implemented, within the confinements of limitations so it's not exploitable.

So basically its:

Every 7 to 10 days you can remove the catalyst/reactor from a weapon/frame. You destroy the equipment that it is removed from and you get your potato back. After 2 extractions the potato is destroyed, unless you buy a special item with plat that allows you to extract it without damaging/destroying the potato or the gear.

Potatoes aren't so rare that you would commonly need to preserve them like that, especially at the cost of the gear that its currently put into.

Tower no longer gives you potato BP, so they ARE rare now.

No. This would be more work than it is worth. I'd have better luck just waiting for the next potato alert or livestream than destroy equipment that i actually spent a potato on. Afterall, if I'm willing to supercharge it, that means I must like it and want to keep it, hence the notion of destroying it to get the catalyst back is absurd.

-Madotsuki, the cynical dreamer

From one of the council, to another - No.  If you're a council, then you should understand that your decision to be placed on the council was in support of the developers over all else, be that from a financial stand-point, and a participation.

From one of the council, to another - No.  If you're a council, then you should understand that your decision to be placed on the council was in support of the developers over all else, be that from a financial stand-point, and a participation.

What, you PAY to be a yes-man? :P

I like the idea. If you could remove the spud for a small plat fee, 5 or 10 tops, it would still give back to DE but mean players with smaller wallets could continue to potato stuff without relying on alerts. There's a good half dozen weaps I want to get shot of but refuse to sell due to the spud in em. 

I kinda like the idea but not the fact said item gets destroyed if you remove it. But just being able to remove it would probably benefit f2p players out there perhaps.

Edited by Glisp

What, you PAY to be a yes-man? :P

I like the idea. If you could remove the spud for a small plat fee, 5 or 10 tops, it would still give back to DE but mean players with smaller wallets could continue to potato stuff without relying on alerts. There's a good half dozen weaps I want to get shot of but refuse to sell due to the spud in em. 

its the same here, we're beta players, e're here to play the game and think of ways to make it better for others.

So basically its:

When was the last catalyst/Reactor alert?

How many weapons are released monthly?

How many great weapons are there?

You are not playing the the same game if you think there are not rare.

@XDeathCoreX

And do you have to potato every single weapon?

And do you have to use all of the potatoes as soon as you get them?

And there is a potato alert every two weeks or so, so I dont consider them all that rare. They are a *lot* more common than they used to be.

Are there even enough Catalyst alerts for all the weapons you want to upgrade?

Are you only content with only upgrading a small amount of weapons because it's all you use?

How many great weapons are there?

How many catalyst alerts are there each month?

Are there more reactor than catalyst alerts?

Seems like an interesting idea to explore. I have sold many weapons that had potatoes installed my self, it always hurts me deep inside :P

btw: the titel is misleading. "The detachment of Orokin technology" would be more precise :P