Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over Marketing Turning Warframe in the same state as No Man's Sky - Anthem- Starcitizen Etc.


Orakan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am nearly playing warframe for seven years and DE rightfully earn my trust with decent developers and one of the best comunity managment I ever saw in online video games but since the tennocon 2019 things are realy not going well. Don't get me wrong 2019 starts as very decent year for warframe , for example

  • We have got Fortuna and frequently getting updates for it and it hasn't buggy mess like Plains of Eidolons , it was prety decent release,
  • we have got orb bosses and hero moments in combat for bosses like Exploiter Orb and Ropalolyst which is very very cool, 
  • Get rid of that gamble alert system and we got nightwaves with interestings mini lores in it and way better experience for new players and even  mechanics got updated with season 2
  • We have got melee 3.0 and thanks to that game is like real hack slash game and nearly all melee weapons are worth using right now
  • Some reworks for older warframes like ember and vauban and ui changes for quality of life 
  • jupiter tileset rework (which looks realy cool but because of that all of the other corpus tile sets are looking terrible right now , for example ship tile and winter tile or even infested corpus tiles)

But these are the good parts and now here comes OVER MARKETING part starting

  • We first saw railjack in tennocon 2018 which is nearly one and half a year ago and everyone including me got very exited for it . Even the main stream gaming media cooperations who is ignoring Warfrmae for years starting to acknowledge warframe . And at the end of the 2019 we got the Empyrean update, which is completely broken in nearly every mechanic BUT it is one of the BEST coop experiences that I ever get in any online game. It was very very fun . But at the end it is no where near the demos that have been showned to use for 2 tennocons. After that state player base (including me) is still very exited and still believing the DE cause company is trust worthy and core mechanics of the railjack system is great and I think in Japan they have advertised the railjack with monly content updates.
  • 2 months have passed since the railjack have been released and we still has got one mission type with diffrent views in it , Shield and engine stats numbers are not in a logical stat variety, intrinsics farm is feeling like a total chore (and I have decent party with me while maxing all of them with greatships but all we do is farming gian point on veil proxima cause other missions are basicly the same mission other than slight side missions in them so it pushes players to stuck in one nod cause you need to find a effcient way to get out of a chore as quickly as it gets) no exploration missions like devs has showned to us nor any explorotion feeling other than finding rare derelicts in veil proxima. No ai crew , no real quests other than starting quest ( which is a decent quest other than the waiting part but there is only one quest in railjack and even archwing starting quest has a better job on cinematic moments and overall action and lore wise) no landing for open world maps like Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon , no capital ship battles (I mean there is one galleon sabotage mission in saturn if I remember correctly but it is a joke compare to what we saw in tennocon 2018) weapons are not strong enough and doesn't have cool sounds too feel powerfull with them, no montly content updates and finally it still has to many BUGS in it both visually and technically.

But at least railjack is fun to play as coop experience and here comes worst part of the 2019 KUVA LICHES

  • This content by far most unfun, rushed, unfinished , unpleasant, repetitive content that I ever saw in warframe. The lich system idea based on getting a nemesis which getting its inspiration from Shadow of Mordor series. I have played both of Showdow of Mordor and Shadow or War and have more than 200 hours in total both of those games and didn't even have one boring moment with them. You know why ? Cause the whole nemesis system has a decent lore , tons and tons of dialogue options (which I didn't get heard any voice line twice in both games other than maniac orcs cause they can't speak 😄 ) fun combat mechanics and most importantly a system makes you believing the whole system is alive. No of those are inside in the current Kuva Lich system , I have post some feedbacks on the official feedback topic and there are some other very decent feedbacks on that topic too but the sad part is after nearly 3 months passed since the lich system released and all we got some minor changes to make the system more loot pinata than nemesis system and it is still boring and dull content with no real lore in it. 

No yearly cinematic quest 

  • I mean we already getting only one cinematic quest for every year since second dream. Not getting New War quest in 2019 one of the sadest part over marketing (we are nearly entering the third mount of the 2020 and we still didn't get the New War quest witch is a disaster for me )

 So as you can see because of the wrong marketing Warframe losing many active players (right now there are 42900 players playing on steam and yesterday 28000+ players was playing which is very poor numbers for warframe) cause over promising while marketing keep pushing the Warframe with same place with Anthem or No Man's Sky or even Division 1 and I hope DE won't make the same mistake on tennocon 2020 like they have doing for last 2 tennocons for just the sake of creating more hype about the game.

After all this I am still believing DE bring the content what was promised to us in march or in near future but please stop Over Marketing like all those huge game companies . That is why people stop losing their trust for companies like Blizzard,Ubisoft,Bethesta 

        With my best regards and have nice working day

Edited by Orakan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2019 tennocon started bad for me.  I was promised a nekro prime (don't need, have multiple already) and unique empherma.  I linked my account and for the first time ever, watched the whole stream.  

I even took screen shots since I knew it was time based.  After event when I got nothing, I submitted ticket.  The patch they sent out didnt fix my problem since I also didn't get nekros.  

Support refused to give me what was promised even though I had screenshot evidence citing some garbage policy.  

So, thier over marketing destroyed my trust in DE.  I was promised one thing and they did not deliver.  I'd be willing to forget if support fixed it, but I'm not sure they have support and its not just an advanced macro / robot.  

 

Just ignore the hype, ignore the streams, and enjoy Warframe for what it is, not what it could be. Then you can play and have fun.  I had to just drop DE as an ideal developer after that fiasco.  They are slightly above average and rapidly getting into average territory.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the bright side, judging by the Devstream agenda for this week with the upcoming mainline, Railjack and Liches being such a disaster has pushed DE to improve the base game in areas that have been neglected for years just to get good reception from players. It's all too clear why Primed Chamber was in Baro, and the fact Shield Gating, Self Damage, and Excavator HP scaling are all topics for this upcoming devstream. 2020 looks promising so far, and the trainwreck at the end of 2019 will push the game to improve its foundation going forward.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Voltage said:

On the bright side, judging by the Devstream agenda for this week with the upcoming mainline, Railjack and Liches being such a disaster has pushed DE to improve the base game in areas that have been neglected for years just to get good reception from players. It's all too clear why Primed Chamber was in Baro, and the fact Shield Gating, Self Damage, and Excavator HP scaling are all topics for this upcoming devstream. 2020 looks promising so far, and the trainwreck at the end of 2019 will push the game to improve its foundation going forward.

Still have to wait to see which ones are actually close enough to seeing soon. 20 pages is a good sign of them could be planning them in a long-haul fix. When they could be trying to tackle too much at once for fixes, meaning alot less might be addressed for each specific category, where alot more work could be necessary on a few elements.

Though i do appreciate if they actually make excavators get extra health as the length of the mission goes by and make them ALOT more durable, so we can stop relying on Frost for excavation focus missions. Still, i would like fissures to be part of the fixes since they need to be polished to be alot more smooth and get rid of the tedious elements to make it a much more smooth system that does not give a middle finger to those who need to farm void traces and those that prefer to not run with full groups for fissure farms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avienas said:

Still have to wait to see which ones are actually close enough to seeing soon. 20 pages is a good sign of them could be planning them in a long-haul fix. When they could be trying to tackle too much at once for fixes, meaning alot less might be addressed for each specific category, where alot more work could be necessary on a few elements.

Though i do appreciate if they actually make excavators get extra health as the length of the mission goes by and make them ALOT more durable, so we can stop relying on Frost for excavation focus missions. Still, i would like fissures to be part of the fixes since they need to be polished to be alot more smooth and get rid of the tedious elements to make it a much more smooth system.

Agreed and we realy need to see what will happen after devstream 139, are we gonna wait for the content and fixes or that update is ready to release in near future, until than we keep giving feedbacks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

De strikes me that they'll end up following Hello Games on the path to trying to meet those expectations...But I agree...Developers just need to state that their demo reel is a road map and not actually anywhere near where they are on the current builds of their product...I think they would find that players would still support them based on track record, community engagement, and passion... that they would still go all in...

 

I know I would have and did with No Man's Sky...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The TennoCon 2019 video I think did far more damage to DE's image than either Railjack or Kuva Liches. I don't remember exactly how they couched it after the fact, but at the time it read like a bold-faced like. "Look at what you'll be getting!" Yeah, no, that's not what we'll be getting. You don't have any of this actually done. I doubt that's what we'll be getting three years from now, even, simply because the reality of actually implementing the stuff from their fake trailer will likely force changes on its own. This really has the same air as the Anthem reveal trailer, and I count myself as the fool for actually believing it. Shame on me, I guess.

Hopefully the FARCE of Empyrean has lit a fire under their asses and forced them to reevaluate their priorities. Make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew, don't promise things you can't deliver, stop treating this game like a tech demo. Hopefully they'll actually finish Liches and Railjack, or at least bring them to a presentable state before they go off chasing the next new shiny.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jul 16, 2018 video, Railjack first look, is still whole lot of stuff that we still did not get. No corpus enemies on Empyrean, no giant ship to destroy, and Railjack cannot go to Orb Vallis.

Jul 6, 2019 video, The New War Trailer, says "Christmas 2019".  Now on February 2020... nothing.

I think some of the videos might be doing more harm for being too late or incomplete.

Now a days, I find it better to just look at random player's videos of recent gameplay or live stream of what we have now, and not from the trailer or first look of possibly unreleased content that no players have access to.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

De strikes me that they'll end up following Hello Games on the path to trying to meet those expectations...But I agree...Developers just need to state that their demo reel is a road map and not actually anywhere near where they are on the current builds of their product...I think they would find that players would still support them based on track record, community engagement, and passion... that they would still go all in...

 

I know I would have and did with No Man's Sky...

Hey now. NMS was perfectly playable on launch and they've actually met all the expectations which they (and others) set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Hey now. NMS was perfectly playable on launch and they've actually met all the expectations which they (and others) set.

Yeah NMS is now an absolutely amazing game. Very close to, and in some ways far more, than what Hello Games promised in the beginning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree 110% with the Kuva Lich bit. I finally ran into it the other day, and at this point, it's just.... Ughhhhhh. If this is what it's like since they've done tweaks/adjustments, then oh man.

That said, I still enjoy the game for what it is. I haven't gotten to Empyrean and have no desire to; I play solo so if Railjack doesn't become a hard requirement to complete the main story in the future, I'll be happy. I'm looking more forward to Deadlock Protocol than anything else, and while it's frustrating to not have an ETA of when to expect it... given their tendency to not meet projected release dates (from what I've read), it's probably a good thing they're keeping it as TBA 2020. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

I play solo so if Railjack doesn't become a hard requirement to complete the main story in the future, I'll be happy.

I mostly play Solo as well. But Railjack is still available to you, even solo. It does require you have a very good Archwing loadout (which means Amesha, as it's the only Archwing that seems to be able to stay alive in Railjack; also, you probably want Cyngas or Phaedra for your gun, as status is king in RJ), but basically, at the start of each mission, pilot the railjack so you can turn it away from the objective and fly it about 10km further away. Then exit the railjack and just go archwing everything to death (boarding Crewships to kill them from the inside, or kill the pilot and take it over if you feel like it). 

Per the OP, I actually rather enjoy Liches. It's high level content that is very solo-friendly. That said, there's still plenty of room for improvements with the liches, and I really want them to start tying these gameplay islands together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, waterboytkd said:

I mostly play Solo as well. But Railjack is still available to you, even solo. It does require you have a very good Archwing loadout (which means Amesha, as it's the only Archwing that seems to be able to stay alive in Railjack; also, you probably want Cyngas or Phaedra for your gun, as status is king in RJ), but basically, at the start of each mission, pilot the railjack so you can turn it away from the objective and fly it about 10km further away. Then exit the railjack and just go archwing everything to death (boarding Crewships to kill them from the inside, or kill the pilot and take it over if you feel like it). 

Per the OP, I actually rather enjoy Liches. It's high level content that is very solo-friendly. That said, there's still plenty of room for improvements with the liches, and I really want them to start tying these gameplay islands together. 

Trust me you can finish the Gian Point on Veil Proxima under 3minutes with a decent squad and a great ship, coop aspect of the railjack is very very fun 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orakan said:

Trust me you can finish the Gian Point on Veil Proxima under 3minutes with a decent squad and a great ship, coop aspect of the railjack is very very fun 

When my brother-in-law plays, we'll do co-op railjack. It is definitely fun, and much faster to complete missions. If it wasn't for the fact that I need to be able to pause the game at a moment's notice and walk away from the computer, I'd probably be hosting co-op, too. But, such is life, so I mostly stick to solo stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The quality of life changes that have been asked for years is coming next week probably and these are prety decent changes and I am thankfull for those but after the yesterday's devstream I have realized  something, devs still didn't bring any solutions for the lich content tedious mechanics and issue of not feeling fighting against a nemesis and  with the next big updates and still no release date for The New War quest. 

And my biggest fear about The New War quest is I think devs are releasing it like eposodic style with 3 prologues . If that's the plan for this quest it realy takes away the narrative impact that we get from Second Dream, War Within and Sacrifice quests

Edited by Orakan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...