Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My wife got a lich accidentally, how to get rid of it?

OrSpeeder

Question

My wife is MR8, she was trying to get the a mercy kills achievement (the ones you can do when you damage an enemy 95% or something like that). After the mission the lich screen showed up... she asked me what it was.

Since I know liches are annoying and steal your stuff, I've been avoiding them like the plague but... since she got one...

How we get rid of it? We don't want lich weapon or anything, we just want to chillout while playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenofYandxre said:

I too have a pesky and annoying Lich, that I would love to rid myself of her. But, I just simply ignore her as she's on a planet (Phobos) that I don't go to anymore. I have no interest in engaging her as she was made before the recent update for the Lich system and improved ephemera drop for them. She doesn't have one anyways and I don't personally care for her Kuva weapon. So, it's really not worth my while to farm murmurs for her and like your wife, I'm also MR7-8 range. So, I can understand. 

I would suggest, like others here, to have someone else help and/or carry you and your wife to farm murmurs and whatnot to get rid of the Lich. It's your wife's best bet. I wish you luck on how you both handle the Lich. I would look toward those here in the thread that are willing to help you both out. I'm sure with them, you and your wife will do just fine. 🙂 Best of luck on your Lich hunting, hun!

Their lich is now dead I helped them from start to finish get rid of their lich.

3 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

How we get rid of it?

Farm murmurs and kill it. Or, ignore it completely. I have an untouched level 1 Lich, it barely takes anything. It doesn’t cause any problems, it is just there.

Tye Larvling has a prompt above it about what weapon you get. It should be easy enough to tell it apart.

You can't get rid of it so you have to farm requiem relics and get the right symbol. You also need to face 3h of doing that. The problem is that it will take over one planet so it gets annoying if he steals the items.

Edited by Tpghostdzn

Just now, OrSpeeder said:

Seemly it took over the planet that has The Index... does it steal money when we do The Index?

Yep. And since the credit bonus is counted as 1 item, the Lich will take all of it rather than just a portion.

• Like 1

So basically the lich shut down the game for her? (as far as I know The Index is the only decent source of credits... and she is yet to finish ranking up on syndicates, so she will need lots of 500k batches soon). 😞

Maybe we will stop playing warframe until DE fix it.

well, one of the fastest way of defeating a lich is by brute forcing through it. Just randomly do parazon finishers until you get one that is correct. Then repeat for the next requiem. Each failed finishers give 10 murmurs. So your wife needs to stab the lich 15 times to know all of it. By that time, she is likely to get at least 2 requiems right by brute forcing.

However, considering your wife is MR8, I have to ask. Can she comfortably deal with level 100 enemies?

if it's a low level, you can mostly just ignore it.  It will keep a little territory around a few missions on Mercury (or where ever) and you can even clear a little more of it without levelling up the lich... and then you really only worry about it when your Sortie mission is on Mercury and he might steal something more than a few credits or plastids.

I only remember I have a lich when I log in and he says "Snickety snack, look who's back!" or complains that I forgot about him.

Edit:  Well, if it's gonna steal your Index receipts, yeah you need to at least clear it's influence out of that zone -- if you're in a clan you could recruit some help... you don't need to kill the lich, just make it's influence only affect unimportant missions.

Edited by Costanzafaust

1 minute ago, Costanzafaust said:

It will keep a little territory around a few missions on Mercury (or where ever) and you can even clear a little more of it without levelling up the lich...

Problem is, the lich is at Neptune. So their main source of credits are pretty much botched until they clear the planet.

9 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

So basically the lich shut down the game for her? (as far as I know The Index is the only decent source of credits... and she is yet to finish ranking up on syndicates, so she will need lots of 500k batches soon). 😞

Maybe we will stop playing warframe until DE fix it.

From my experience it has a chance to take a credit reward from index. Mine currently occupies the index and I was still able to comfortably do one round and leave with little issue. Besides that, what the lich takes, you’ll get back once you defeat/convert the lich.

While I still don’t like the lich system and think it doesn’t explain well enough to new players what liches are, it still was your wife’s fault for triggering it, sadly.

Edited by Owlski

3 minutes ago, Owlski said:

From my experience it has a chance to take a credit reward from index. Mine currently occupies the index and I was still able to comfortably do one round and leave with little issue. Besides that, what the lich takes, you’ll get back once you defeat/convert the lich.

While I sill don’t like the lich system and think it doesn’t explain well enough to new players what liches are, it still was your wife’s fault for triggering it, sadly.

I don't think she knew what a lich system was to begin with. Game doesn't tell you, and just throws you in. Yes, its "opt in", but it is still freely available to players who are still learning about the game.

Liches should have an MR lock to access tbh. The system is clearly not meant for newer players.

Edited by Aadi880

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

I don't think she knew what a lich system was to begin with. Game doesn't tell you, and just throws you in. Yes, its "opt in", but the free available to players who are still learning about the game.

Liches should have an MR lock to access tbh. The system is clearly not meant for newer players.

Yeah, as stated; I don’t like how the system is currently implemented either.

Not saying “it’s your fault” to scold you/your wife, but to sadly (and reluctantly) inform that’s currently how the system works. 😕

That being said, as others pointed out;

She should be alright so long as she doesn’t continually engage with the lich and cause it to spread to other planets.

For now, she just gotta ignore it.

24 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

well, one of the fastest way of defeating a lich is by brute forcing through it. Just randomly do parazon finishers until you get one that is correct. Then repeat for the next requiem. Each failed finishers give 10 murmurs. So your wife needs to stab the lich 15 times to know all of it. By that time, she is likely to get at least 2 requiems right by brute forcing.

However, considering your wife is MR8, I have to ask. Can she comfortably deal with level 100 enemies?

Not at all, whenever I bring her to sorties, we just skip the enemies and do the objectives, and even then I have to nag her to come with me, to her stuff at level 60+ is already quite hard.

Index for example we do low risk, whenever we do high risk we can't deal enough damage to enemies, they just don't die.

4 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

havent done it but you might be able to farm murmurs with others and then just slay it at level 1? will take quite a bit longer than the normal way though.

The problem with that though is that the murmur levels may be too difficult for her at this stage. I suppose she could get carried, but idk how fun that’d be for them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I think you could sell it if it has a good weapon or ephemera. Short of that its either kill it or ignore it on the planet it spawns on, which leaves doing that planet next to even harder if you plan on doing missions for it later.

You can only sell it once you've converted it, which requires defeating it. OP is trying to avoid engaging with the Lich at all.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

They are MR locked. Kuva Liches are gated behind The War Within, which requires MR5.

54 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Not at all, whenever I bring her to sorties, we just skip the enemies and do the objectives, and even then I have to nag her to come with me, to her stuff at level 60+ is already quite hard.

Index for example we do low risk, whenever we do high risk we can't deal enough damage to enemies, they just don't die.

Then I guess you guys would have to play normally, ignoring the lich and therefore, ignoring Neptune until you guys get better gear. Or join some of the lich hunting groups who will help getting you the murmurs for killing the lich without having to level it up. (enemy level only increases when lich levels up on a failed requiem.). Those groups do like, multiple liches per day.

On a side node. Get the Fulmin energy rifle. The shotgun mode of that is able to melt level 100 ginner with ease in a crit+corrosive setup. its a good starting point and worth the forma, you'll have to deal with level 100 enemies one day, so yeah.