Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #139: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream139_1080p.jpg
Who:  Rebecca is joined by Steve and Scott!

What:  Review, Revise, Refresh! Join us as we go over 2020’s first Mainline – but not in a ‘new content’ sense. We are going to be reviewing a 20-part list of Reviews, Revisions, and Refreshes that we are working on for Warframe. Everything from Railjack Onboarding Changes to Shield Gating. From Self Damage to Excavation Mission Health Scaling – don’t miss it! We will have a comprehensive Dev Workshop up on Friday for those who cannot watch the stream – fear not!  

Prizes? Join us for a chance to win Platinum or Prime Access

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream – the @PlayWarframe Twitter Poll will decide it! 

When: Join us this Friday, February 28th at 2 p.m Eastern Standard Time! 

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday! Since this stream has a strict 20 Part Structure, bringing up questions may not fit in the time, but we will try! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

* Only the excavation/Lich missions, have a scaling problem. That should have been fixed once everyone reported it.

1. When will "command", come to railjack? I need my crew of Lich, Steel Meridian, and Red Veil. 

Well this looks interesting, but what about Vitus Drops in Arbitration being increased or effected by Drop Chance boosters, or Smeeta Blessings team wide or stacking .. Arbitration is great fun and after 60 minutes can be a nice challenge, but to get any meaningful reward (Vitus) you need smeeta blessing timing AND resource booster running.  We really need to get a bit better drop chance please.

Also when is the Ignis Wraith Event returning, I hate not having it in the clan research completion list

Keep up the good work DE thanks for a great game experience

Been a couple of Devstream since I posted in reply. Posting these up to add a bit to the general noise, hoping to see a few of these answered this time. 🙂 In the hopes of getting some things more noticed than others, I've since started diving this up into categories.

1. Important Questions: Questions Important to me as a Warframe Player. If you have to answer only one of my questions, make it one from here!
    1. While I appreciate the DE staff taking time to answer a lot of our questions, and I can certainly see wanting to stay away from some of them, lately there's been a dearth of response to a lot of the more serious mechanical questions, to the point that many times there's just outright silence. Is there a reason for shying away from these? I appreciate that a lot of people can get a bit hostile about it, but a lot of them are still serious concerns that resonate through a lot of the community. Even simply saying 'we see this, but unfortunately we don't have an answer right now' or even 'we are trying to work on some things, but we don't want to communicate designs that are still deeply in flux' would go a ways towards helping some of the confusion and strange dissonance of silence from a development team that's usually fairly talkative.
    2. Are there any thoughts or consideration for finding a way to communicate regularly that doesn't involve twitter? I don't - and will never - have twitter, for instance, and it's not very visible to a lot of people. A more accessible information stream (even if it's just one way) would be appreciate
    3. As someone who plays a lot (and I mean a LOT) of squishy, control-focused frames, there start to be serious survival problems post level 70-90 (level varying by Warframe) enemies, where being 1-shot becomes the standard, rending playing as them effectively a game of gambling as to whether or not I'm going to be hit. Is this the intended gameplay? If so, why? If not, what sort of timeline and priority is changing this?
    4. Increasingly, we are seeing more and more enemies ignoring warframe abilities in permanent, non-intractable ways (IE: Nullifiers don't count, you can pop the bubble). This is making control-based and caster-based frames increasingly non-viable. Is this style of enemy design going to become a staple of future Warframe content?
    5. Increasingly, we are seeing more and more enemies ignoring status effects from weapons. This is making status-based weapons increasingly non-viable and critical-based weapons dis proportionally important. Is this style of enemy design going to become a staple of future Warframe content?
    6. I can understand the push to avoid steamrolling of content by tankier frames and crit-based weapons, but have you considered designing specific enemies or scenarios to defeat those as opposed to the general increase in numbers that is starting to edge warframes that were already designed to have high risk/reward gameplay under less threatening scenarios?
    7. Is there any plans in the future to add in enemies with different sorts of engagement patterns or fighting methods? The various hordes are nice and while I wouldn't want to do completely without them, increasingly I've found the Nox is one of my favourite things to fight because it works differently.
    8. So, as someone who plays a lot to non-DPS centric frames, is there any chance that we could have a mechanism by which things like control of enemies or healing/support of allies is tracked under the mission statistics? It would go some ways to helping those activities not feel so overlooked and generally make one feel like their impact as a non-DPS is more noticeable.
    9. You guys at [DE] seem like you have very clear notions of what frames are, or, at least, what you want them to do. (I'm going somewhere with this). This makes critiquing or examining if they're functioning well slightly problematic (at least for me) because I feel like I don't know on what criteria I'm supposed to judge them. Is there any chance that you'd be willing to comment on what a Warframe's design goals are when seeking feedback (Ala the Vauban/Ember Rework) or just in general? (IE: Frame Y is meant to do X, especially with concerns to W.)
    10. With Pets 3.0 on the horizon, can you please confirm whether or not we will be able to hot-swap Kavats and Kubrows the way we can hot-swap Sentinels and Moas? That is, effectively, have more than one 'active' pet in our loadouts/inventories. I'm not concerned about them being around the ship, but genuinely this is the only feature I've wanted concerning pets since I first got my second pet.
    11. Railjack was advertised as way of starting to 'lift up all the various islands', to begin to interconnect them. However, as it is currently it uses almost entirely isolated resources, mechanics, and is remote from the rest of Warframe. I appreciate that in a game like Warframe, things take a lot of time. What's Railjack's next big step towards beginning to unify the way you play the game?
    12. How much of a 'first step' is the current Kuva Lich system? I like it - it's my favourite thing in the game - but I'm curious how much the progression and way one moves through it (run missions -> farm thralls -> Kill Lich) is the way it was designed to be and if it's not what sort of changes want to be made and what we can look forward to.
  2. General Questions: Questions I'd like answers to, but not very pressing.
    1. Can we get options to toggle prime decorations for the Immortal skins? I can appreciate them not being reasonable to do for the Deluxe Skins.
    2. So, looking at the innate bonuses for the Kuva Lich weapons, the bonuses so far are all elemental damage. As I've come to understand the system more, that sort of makes sense, but is there any plans down the road to make them vary with more interesting things? (Reload Speed, Accuracy, Innate Multishot, etc) or maybe other random effects, not unlike how the Kuva Seer has an explosion burst with its projectiles. Or is this the sort of thing that would upset the meta-lords too much or stray too far from the intended effects of the bonus?
    3. So, for people who are interested in changing their names, there's this... Huge problem. It costs Platinum (this is not the issue), which means that it's expensive to do it repeatedly. This leads to the actual huge problem: There's no way to actually check if the name you want is taken or not without buying it! Is there any way you could let someone check to see if a name is available before committing?
    4. So, Zypher Deluxe has been in the works since before I started playing regularly. This Tennocon we saw some work had been done on her. Compared to a lot of Deluxe skins she's relatively straightforward looking (at least, from the images I saw). Is there any chance on some sort of general ETA when we might be able to expect her?
    5. Is there any way we can get an option bind a function to multiple simultaneous buttons? IE: Alternative Fire being bound to {Shift + Mouse 1} Instead of {Mouse 3}
    6. Is there any chance we can gain access to the majority of the Arcanes via a non-Eidolon means? I've had a tonne of fun with the new ones being in Arbitration (and I never thought I'd say anything positive about Arbitration).
    7. So, the Ember rework suggests that Heat Damage is being completely overhauled. While this is amazing news, it also serves to highlite some of the issues with some of the other more scorned damage types (Impact, Puncture, Blast, etc). Is Damage 3.0 still something that's going to be happening, or has that been completely scrapped? Is this, in fact, Damage 3.0 on the slow rollout?
    8. You talked about how the Nemesis system is going to be slowly rolling out through the factions. Obviously, you'll have Grineer, and then Corpus. But does this mean we'll also see Infested Nemesis? Corrupted? Sentient, maybe, even?
  3. Idle Questions: Questions I have an interest in, but that I don't think will make a lot of difference to me if they aren't answered anytime soon.
    1. Here's an odd one: Killing Kuva Liches comes with an invocation and the Requiem Mods. So tasty so far. But there are - I realize we're probably rare - a few of us out there that like to hear our starchild speak. Is there any chance down the road those of us who woke up to dream again could hear them chant the invocation if we've got their speech enabled?
    2. So this is sort of a minor, more personal quibble. I've been playing Warframe a bit, and one of the things I've really started to see or feel of late is that a lot of the frames tend to feel the same shape-wise. They might have a bunch of different doodads attached to them, but their figures are generally either 'generically fit guy' or 'generically curvy girl'. Lately there's been a lot of movement to get away from that - the body shapes of four of the last five Warframes (Baruuk, Hyldrin, Gauss, and now Grendel,) have been a breath of fresh air, figure-silhouette wise - and I both wanted to say thank you and encourage that, and ask if that would start applying/getting more of a look in where Deluxe Skins are concerned as well, as a lot of them just feel like 'big, beefy dude' or 'curvy woman in high heels'. Although, now that I've seen the Gara Deluxe, I'm guessing not.
    3. So, a question I've wanted to ask for a long time: to my understanding, the Gas City Rework was just supposed to be Alad V's thing, on Jupiter. Why did the Gas Cities on other planets also get replaced? It feels weird and out of place lore-wise, and it means that we lost an interesting difference that could have existed in tilesets. (Don't get me wrong, the new Gas City is lovely, just confused)
    4. Possibly I just missed it, and I don't mean to accidentally pour oil, but what was the ultimate resolution of the entire chat moderate mess? I know that an outside company was being hired to look into chat moderating, but beyond that I never saw anything.
    5. Are we going to get a Torid mod to let it do whatever the heck it is that the Zealot's Torid does from NW Season 2? Please?

As always, I appreciate all the work and effort of the team. And, Scott, if by some insane chance you happen to hear about that, I want you to know I deeply appreciate the slow and methodical chipping away at the problem - and it is a problem - of where Warframe's current damage and defense model is going to lead. I still haven't forgotten the shout-out on one of the previous Devstreams, and while I deeply appreciate it, I do hope that if it happens again it will be regarding one of my more mechanically-focused or design-speculative questions. 🙂

See you on the rails sometime.

Could it be possible that you guys can take a look at the exalted weapon of Valkyr? 

Ever since the Old Blood update her attacks have been very slow and lack fluent movement between attacks. The weapon has a base 1.50 attack speed but feels more like a 0.90 weapon. The weapon has lost it’s blind rage theme compared to before the update.

The slide attack also moves her forward a lot more compared to other weapons often causing missed attacks or sliding of ledges.

Compared to the normal attacks, the heavy attacks feel great. they’re brutal and quick, but the normal attacks drag the weapon down compared to other claw weapons like Venka.

It would be great if we could at least get a short response to the issue.

Thank you.

I have a LIST of things like this I just keep around.

The question for this entire list is "WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS"?

1) Second Dream and War Within both have repeating voice lines that tell you what NOT to do. Clearly instructional voice lines that keep spamming over and over, should not be incorrect information. Don't tell me to "Hold to focus my power" when I needed to somehow know that my magic space hand had a tap fire. Don't tell me to "Break" shields when I am supposed to wait for the red shields on the red background protecting the red Grineer Queen to drop, because I can't actually break them in any way. That's a day's work fixing the voice lines DE, and how did it get released like this anyways?
2) Medallions. WHY do these exists? Tilesets are LARGE, with LOTS of tiny hiding spaces.... Finding these things is almost never worth the time invested. Instead of Medallions, add some of that challenge people keep asking for, and tie extra standing to a challenge of some kind we can attempt during the mission.
3) Buffs that affect allies, should affect all allies. Like syndicate operatives, or I don't know, the all important defense operatives.
4) Defense operatives existing and taking all my enjoyment out of Defense missions. I LIKE camping down and defending a single spot. I LIKE Defense missions. But Sortie and Arbitration Defense missions remove that, and replace it with a wandering idiot who wants to steal your weapon.
5) Why does the Finishing Touch mod still exist? Covert Lethality exists. If you are using Finishers so much that you would use Finishing Touch, don't use Finishing Touch, use a dagger, and Covert Lethality. This only got worse after the current melee rework.
6) Deconstructor offers a great option for sentinel weapons, the only melee one.... And it's also only works on one sentinel, because #*!% diversity, who wants customization in this game, right?
7) Quests that have been out for ages still being bugged/poorly implemented. Looking at you, Sacrifice mini game bug, and Inaros quest needing Effects Intensity up past a certain level.
8 ) Effects Intensity going up to 200, when I can barely keep it above 20 without being in active pain whenever I am on a squad with anyone cause any kind of particle effects. Or the Catchmoon, because god dang that stings even WITH low intensity.
9) The aiming reticule being WHITE of all things, when we have tilesets with gray and white all over them. Why is it not red, like other games do? We don't have a... Oh wait we do have a red tileset, and apparently they'll be adding another. Great job DE, you will never have a reticule we can actually see all the time.
10) Quest objectives not being visible, despite being RIGHT in front of them. When I first do an open world quest, and am told to find X MacGuffin.... I don't know what it looks like. I'm not told what it looks like verbally, or shown a picture... I'm certainly not given a direct waypoint for this meaningless fetch quest. So instead, I get to accidentally find them when I stand close enough to this space barrel for the interact prompt to show up and tell me that yes, THIS is a Corpus Cache I've been looking for, among all these other space barrels, totally unmarked.
11) On that note, the Interact prompt seems to show up when it feels like it. Am I too far angled to one side? Am I exactly one footstep too far? Did I hit the button, then walk away too fast? Well then oh well, nothing will happen.
12) Every piece of loot in lockers existing, and making us stop having fun to instead #*!% around opening boxes, because we don't want to miss out on loot. We are here to shoot things, not open boxes. You're not EA, we don't want loot boxes here.
13) Nightwave. It's a chore list. If it only told me to do things I was already doing, that'd be fine, but instead it says to do things I would never want to do, and that some people actually can't. Like the Eidolon one. Some people can't even load the city to attempt it, and some people just really hate doing it. Why am I being forced to do it? Oh right, that catchup system won't go off with it in the way. (That may have been a bug, but if it was, I knew a lot of people dealing with it.)
14) Forcing Archwing/Open World content, instead of it being an option. Not everyone will like every new wacky thing you add to the game, DE. So don't tie big community events, like the Invasion climaxes, to Archwing. And don't tie mods, mod sets, zaws, kitguns, and arcanes, to Open World. Especially Arcanes, they're the worst offenders because they're tied to Eidolons, all with low chances, and you need TEN of these things to max ONE Arcane, and a lot of them you actually want to run TWO, so that's TWENTY.
15) Mastery Tests. The later ones seem to make sense, but all the earlier ones are asking you to show your mastery either of things you don't actually need mastery of, or in a way that isn't actually relevant in game. Notable ones being the hacking test that you can just use Ciphers on, and the Stealth test that won't let you use a silenced ranged weapon for it.
16) Ciphers not being a one time craft. Ciphers not being usable at all times. You mean to tell me Lotus can cough up a datamass to hack an entire system in under two minutes, but can't give me a USB to get past a door? No, instead, I need to have a constant resource drain, or have some puzzle nonsense in my shooty shooty bang bang game. If I wanted puzzles, I'd try to go manually do the math on Shotgun Status chances.
17) Potatoes. Why are these so rare, when every Warframe and Weapon wants one? Why do they even exist, instead of just doubling mod capacity at base? They're just artificially adding another step to making your weapons/warframes usable, with a BS grind attached to it, because you can't actually get them reliably. I've been running the Daily Sortie for a while now, and gotten a whole ONE as a reward. One. You know what I do get? Kuva, Endo, Sculptures, which are just Endo..... All things I can grind for elsewhere, and thus shouldn't be in my way of getting an actually half decent sortie reward!
18) You know what, count that Sortie reward issue as 17, that should not be how it works.
19) Only being able to craft one of something, no matter how many blueprints you have. I don't mind the crafting times. I get it. They serve a purpose. What doesn't serve a purpose, is having 20+ Forma Blueprints, and only being able to craft them one at a time, for 24 hours a piece. That is going from "needed slow down" to "we want you to buy Forma, for platinum, if you actually want to maximize all your stuff before spending 6 months playing the game." I get DE is trying really hard to compensate for the lacking end game, but this is not the way, guys.
20) Sentinel Weapons needing duplicates of all your mods. I get that it allows the set mod BS to work, but it's still bad. Also, the set mods only being valuable when you aren't actually using them, just means they're bad, and that should be fixed instead of tacitly allowing players to work around it via another system that should be fixed.
21) Mods that barely ever drop from one location/enemy/mission type. Forcing content is still not good, see 14. Making multiple game modes and types of missions is great. Forcing us to do just one of them, isn't. That's a terrible idea. Nobody is going to like every type of content you provide, so stop forcing us to put up with it. Making players TRY all the content is one thing. Making players go through the content a hundred or so times because some crucial mod is locked away in there is not acceptable behavior.
22) Mods being dropped long, long after you already have them. Instead of putting Vitality everywhere you go, maybe just remove it, and add its drop chance to the existing Endo drop chance, so we aren't constantly flooded with hundreds of copies of the damn thing.
23) Duplicate mods of any kind being dropped. It enables selling rarer ones for plat.... Except that should never be a thing, because it shouldn't be so goddamned hard to access them. Market considerations should never be taken into account for gameplay balance, even with a game like this with its weird economy. The game is built around customizing things with mods, stop trying to remove access to that. Just make a check to see if you have the mod, and if you do, give Endo instead, so we don't have duplicate mods lying around still.
24) The transmute system existing, when it's a really, really bad bandaid for the existing issues with farming mods.
25) Simaris not accepting standard scanners, like the prick he is, seemingly to make certain the Helios and Heliocor aren't providing anything relevant or making his standing less awful to get to.
26) Simaris' scanner having upgrades, for standing costs. "Hey, you just ground up Standing for me.... Now use it so it's less awful to grind MORE Standing for me, and then replace all that Standing you spent."
27) Anyone play Path of Exile? I did. You know what I recall? I recall everyone hating Vorici missions, because you had to NOT kill things, in a game all about killing lots of things before they kill you. GGG changed that, because after years of *@##$ing, they realized that making content function directly opposite to the core gameplay, and then sticking it IN the core gameplay, was a bad idea. Simaris Synthesis targets show that DE apparently hasn't learned that lesson. We are here to blindly murder everything that isn't an ally DE. Stop making us not murder things.
28) Machetes. They're a weapon class. They could just be swords instead. But they're a weapon class for some reason. Needless bloat is lovely.
29) Dual Daggers and Dual Swords having seperate stances instead of just Dual Stances and having them work on both. Yay, bloat.
30) The Warfan weapon class..... Do I actually need to explain why this is bad? This is bad.
31) Staves and Polearms.... Call the class one or the other, and put them both together. Again, needless bloat, they're all basically sticks that look different.
32) There's a difference between incentivizing different weapon types, and forcing them. What's that? You think I mean the forced weapon type Sorties? Well, there's those that are bad.... And then there's those flying S#&$s on the plains. You like Shotguns? Nice try. Beam weapons? Nope. Bows? Well I hope you can compensate for projectile travel time! There should be NO content that a specific weapon type is utterly incapable of. It doesn't have to be great at it, but actively incapable, even with specifically modding for it? That's not okay.
33) Damage making no sense at all. Not in amounts, though that is an issue. No..... In types. Slash on things with nothing sharp on them, NO Slash on clearly sharp objects. Setting people on fire NOT being a damage over time somehow. Lightning somehow not adding damage as well as electrocuting. And what is Puncture even supposed to be from? Bullets? But then where does Impact come from? ALSO Bullets? Can't pick one, DE? Lack of sense AND more needless bloat, because Puncture or Impact should just not exist.
34) Proc chances. Instead of making physical damage types four times more likely.... Just make the number four times larger and change numbers around appropriately. Having a weird hidden function that the game doesn't tell you about isn't good. It's worse when it actually serves no purpose to begin with.
35) Daily rewards that take ages to get, not being great rewards. If anything in the game should arguably be OP, it's things that you get after having been around for 300+ days. Last I heard, the day 1000 reward is Primed Sure Footed. That's barely decent as a Baro offering. For 1K days in game, you should be getting something actually awesome.
36) Lua. Home of the Sentients. Why? Because apparently they only like Lua. Not anywhere else. If these are meant to be a constant threat, they should show up everywhere. If they aren't meant to be a constant threat, why are they on Lua at all? Oh, and Lua Spy thanks you for those bastards being there. On that specific mission type and location. The one you keep forcing people to farm, that can be randomly ruined by a Sentient showing up and wrecking your S#&$.
37) Vacuum. Why does this exist? It shouldn't, it should just be a thing that happens instead of a mandatory wasted slot, endo, and credits. Also forces you to run a companion, and that's not something that should be forced either. Especially for people who actually like Stealth. For some reason. (Yes, I know Shade exists, that doesn't excuse it.)
38) Ammo Case. This mod singlehandedly removes Ammo Economy from being an actual way to balance things. Instead, it just makes people run Carrier. You know what would make this mod actually good, and not ruin Ammo Economy? Instead of CONVERTING Ammo, act like the mod's name matters. Make it HOLD all ammo that it picks up, and dole it out when you need it. If you've used all the Sniper Ammo that has dropped so far in the mission.... Oh well, Ammo Economy is a thing that actually matters now. The Exilus Weapon slots accepting Ammo Mutations doesn't cause the same issue, because it's actually a cost to use it. Not the Adapter, not the extra Forma or two.... The fact that you aren't using something else, something more useful, is the cost there. The same can't be said of Ammo Case because of how little Sentinels can actually do to be useful to you.
39) Frost Shield stops all bullets from outside. Including allied bullets. The game clearly has a way to tell what bullets are and aren't allied. If it didn't, we'd all be accidentally shooting our teammates. There's no real benefit to the shield stopping allied bullets. There's no balance concern about it. So why does it do it? This is hardly the only anti-team synergy in the game, it's one of more than a few, that should not exist. This one is particularly egregious to me, however, because it reminds me of the ultimate anti-team frame, Limbo. I get Limbo is interesting, I get you can remove yourself from the Rift.... but in a game about working as a team to kill enemies, adding a frame that can remove your ability to kill an enemy was a terrible idea. Adding abilities that do the same is also bad.
40) LImbo Theorem part 1 requires 3 Proof Fragments, and then you can extract. How do I know? Because of the wiki. There should be a voice line from Ordis once you get your third, or instant extraction.

1 -for in railjack,can  a mod like fetch  be created for the railjack?the farming in railjack can be difficult and also can you show the ressource in the railjack for the farming. the ressources are difficult to see.

2-zephyr rework?it doesn t seems used anymore. 

3-in railjack mission,the archwing are not Good and need modification. the archmelee doesn t work,i can t touch any ennemy anymore.the archfusil weapon are not enougth to figth in high level mission .and we can only play with amesha becauce she is the only archwing tanky. 

4-can the wild kavat in cetus give génétique code? like the wild kavat in épave. 

these are aller m'y question

thank De for the game. 

1. Will the melee moa  be melee exclusive or will it have access to the guns (eg laser rifle, sweeper) 

2. Can we get more variations in lich voicelines, hearing the same thing over and over again is quite boring

3. Can pets get more of an upgrade in terms of survivability and dps 

4. When can see the mechanic to abandon liches, with the corpus installation, this could be with bribing them.

5. New war when?

6. JoJo frame when? (Joking btw) (would love one tho)

7. Any updates on protea?

8. Can we get more companion variation, eg Kubrowdons, Bolarolas, Virmink 

Can we please have a devstream/prime time coundown, notifications and posibility to add alarms in the warframe mobile app? Every time i try to convert to my time zone i get a specific hour and whenever it comes it turns out that the stream is 1 hour later or has already passed... i'm just saying, the eta is ingame but i can't log in for days sometimes so having it in the app would actually help me a lot...

Can we also please get a few more features added to the mobile app? 

Archived