Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #139: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Can zenistar base duration get relooked at? Fun for solo play

Yes please. It is not basing the duration on combo that sucks, it is having to actively run around gathering more combo while having the disc deployed that destroys Zenistar as a useful weapon & tactical tool.

The Zenistar disc was a great tactical tool (the weapon itself not-so-much) that you could deploy in-mission for tactical reasons (defense, closing off enemy attack routes, defending excavators from melee enemies and so on). There are few other weapons (Azima, but...) or even abilities (Khora, Hydroid, Limbo) that you can use for the same tactical purpose. You didn't deploy the disc just to increase your mission kill stats (or rather, that makes no sense), you deployed it based on tactically thought out reasons and to handle sudden situations occurring in-mission, and this made it both fun and important to use.

At the moment Zenistar is a bit counter-intuitive in that regard (tactical use), since you cannot deploy it meaningfully without first engaging in melee (stacking up the combo counter and quickly deploy it where it is needed before the combo declines) and after deploying the disc you should again be running around actively meleeing more enemies in order to get the combo counter re-stacked so that you again can deploy it tactically (= with a meaningful duration). It is no surprise Zenistar use has dropped through the floor, because it's "speciality" is currently mainly useless. While you can mod your whole build around trying to achieve Zenistar usefulness again (mostly combo counter stuff and using Naramon focus) it makes no real sense to put that much focus on one weapon's special ability.

I assume it was changed from it's earlier greatness because it was used "too much", compared to other weapons (like Catchmoon), and that closes off the chance to get it's original function back. But maybe you could try another mechanic where the duration is also increased by the deployed disc getting enemy hits (= allow the disc to gather combo) or kills (= disc kills adds duration in seconds), or by the player achieving kills (= player enemy kills adds duration to the deployed disc). Or something, because it would be glorious if my beloved Zenistar would be useful again.

Interesting, I really look forward to shield gating and possible self damage nerfs. Explosive weapons are basically untouchable for me at the moment because all it takes is one teammate getting in the way of your shot to mess up your day lol

Hello! This is my first question submitted on the forums for a devstream!

My question is: Regarding all of the frames with multiple effects for a single ability (Vauban, Wisp, Khora, soon to be Titania), why is Khora backwards in how the abilities are cast and cycled? With Khora, you tap to cast, and hold to cycle, and Wisp and Vauban hold to cast, and tap to cycle. As someone who bounces back and forth between Khora and Wisp in game, that minor discrepancy from frame to frame is kinda inconvenient and disorienting. Is that intentional, and if so, what is the purpose in making one different than the rest?

Thank you!

1. Could we have the Kuva Larvlings indicate if they have a Ephemera when looking at the weapon drop/type?

2. When I am piloting my Railjack, the side gunners use my ships abilities,  i.e. Void hole when I do not want that to happen. Is there any way to isolate the pilot controls from the gunners or have a toggle to enable/disable the feature?

Greetings! @[DE]Rebecca

Cross Save has been a very popular and ongoing topic which players really want soon. I'm getting a pc soon and I'm planning to move there but I don't want to restart everything. Please digital extremes, cross save is probably the most important feature for 2020 which I'm sure everyone will extremely enjoy playing on two platforms. 

Is there going to be any information on Melee 3.0/Rage System? It's been a year with still no additions. 

Host Migration is a REALLY big issue for the game. People would always leave beacause their ping is high even though their Internet can run other games perfectly. This is really annoying especially in railjack because I can barely play with my friends. 

Also to reduce the RNG and Grind for railjack, if possible, please can you guys reduce the amount of resources needed for railjack repairs. Or increase the amount of resources you get.I don't really find railjack fun with another good content but lots of RNG. 

Please can the murmur progress bar be changed since it is very grindy? 

Also the kuva Larvling system is very annoying as you're wanting a new weapon but you have a 1 in 16 chance and it takes a very long time. 

Do you have any intention of revisiting the terrible khora farm, ie implementing some kind of system where those cursed by rng can trade 10 systems bp for 1 main bp? Some kind of definite end point worked into these farms would do wonders for morale.

Also, are corpus enemies supposed to feel several times deadlier than any other faction? Whatever adjustments that were made feel a little extreme. 

It feels like there's a weird disconnect between Lich dialogue and what actually happens. My Lich could comment about me killing them over and over, yet we only kill the same Lich twice. Once as a Larvling and maybe second time if you vanquish. Maybe, to fix the flavour aspect of being a Lich without changing the gameplay, have a failed Parazon kill the Lich, their body is teleported away with the same effects as them escaping (just with a still, ragdolled corpse). And then taunting you that you failed to kill them.

Also, are there plans to add more personalities to Liches? Right now there's only the brainiac tacticool female liches and the wacky jokester males.

1. What are Your plans on reworks/tweaks for warframes that need them? I'm mainly asking about Nyx, when talking about reworks, and Ember, when talking about tweaks, but there are others.

2. Is there a chance that Conclave will get a PvEvP game-mode, in an effort to boost it's popularity and playability?

3. New player experience: My friend has recently gotten into the game, and while I was guiding them through the tutorial, I noticed that it's the same exact tutorial from the time we had stamina. So I'm asking: Are there any plans to improve the "new player experience", which aside from a tutorial redesign, will include a way for them to obtain info about the game without needing to consult a wiki, or ask in chat?

4. Conservation seems to be the least liked activity to do in PoE and OV, so are there plans to make them more worthwhile to do, like making caught animals pets in the orbiter, a type of "monster collection" activity, or just simply make them companions?

5. Are there any plans on making the codex actually useful, or at least more informative?

6. Do You plan on making another roadmap for this year, but unlike the last one, You stick to it?

AGAIN.
PLEASE:

Make the weapon exilus slots consistently accept ALL the utility mods for all the weapons, including held-trigger continuous/beam weapons.  Right now  shotguns', rifles', and pistols' range extension mods (Fatal Acceleration, Terminal Velocity, Lethal Momentum) are all "exilus" but Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach which do the same thing arbitrarily aren't?

These add exactly ZERO damage per second from any/every angle, but they do allow a more varied and flexible play style for those (more deliberate and tactical) players willing to invest in it.

Greetings, may i ask/request for forma crafting time to be reduced to 6 hours or lower if possible? (12 hours also fine i guess, at least i dont have to wait for 1 full day for just one forma)

Also, is it possible to queue crafting of those multiple forma blueprints please???

Thank you in advance.

"Make Enemies Great Again"  .. hehe

DE & Team, I love your work, love the appreciation for Design & Art, and here's a question:

"Do you have plans to explore enemy unit combat capability & tactics in more depth? "

Lets have more enemy variety too!
- More Grineer types, More Corpus, More Sentient etc

- Players are blasting through enemies, or past them, perhaps Enemies can be more coordinated & dangerous, ie ~ Enemies communicate and assess the risk of their choices to attack moreso than they do now, and perhaps have access to more environment systems and tools than presently. Nothing too complex, just more variety

-  Expand on enemy capability as an effective unit to challenge the warframes more, and to even coordinate better, and use greater degree of both moment to moment tactics ?

- Warframe is fast paced and lots of fun, but a symptom of co-op play can be Rushing at the expense of ingame enjoyment. Mismatched player intentions / play-speeds. I worry this is eroding the value of your enemies being little more than HP boxes to swat off.

- When enemies become boring, forgettable or unchallenging, they're also losing their identities and what differentiates them. Make them matter more, and make them threatening - In turn player's experience will be richer, from each mission to the next, and it will be healthy in both attracting new players as warframe always does, but more importantly retaining the intermediate - to - long time players to continue returning for more warframe fun.

- I think that revisiting CC & tactics (Vauban, Protea? ..) , on both sides of combat is important: Enemies definitely need some love here.
- Enemies could Employ some decisive CC a bit more than they presently do

* Side note i think Kuva Lichs were a good step in this direction, but I would like to see all the enemies have a pinch more depth & meaning

Archived