Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #139: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

What are you nerfing this time?

What are you making buggy this time? 

Are you going to admit ever that you brought the last updates out way too soon? 

Did you learn from sending out updates too soon?  

Did you learn not to set unrealistic deadlines?  

Why are you in smash but can't get better ideas in this game? 

When are we going to be able to solo empyrean? 

Will there be other ways to get the weapons in empyrean if the above question is no? 

Will there ever be plans to rework daggers/dual daggers in the near future also is there gonna be a rework on the tenno focus schools it just seems like almost everyone is going zeniruk for meta and only for zeniruk's insane energy regen. As a side bonus can we please have a better deluxe skin for ember and valkyr.

Just now, Mentos327 said:

Will the Syndicates ever get new weapons or weapon augments?

Weapons mostly likely not. But augments are usually released for the syndicates. We got 4 augments on February 4th: Balefire surge (Hildryn), Blood Forge (Garuda), Endless Lullaby (Baruuk) and Reactive Storm (Baruuk). 

I asked about this once before on the Steve stream™ and he said he would ask the team, but nothing came out of it. So, can we get independant coloring options for the Operators? In the current system, we're unable to dye our hair white without turning our eyebrows and eyelashes white, too. Making them separate doesn't seem like a hard fix but it would improve operator fashion so much!
Talking about operator fashion, the last time we got a substantial content update for them was with Fortuna (november 2018). It's expected that the Duviri Paradox will drop with a bunch of content for them, but I fully expect it to be a 2021 release. Any plans in the meantime?

Looking forward to the stream! Love yall! 💜

1 hour ago, Jeancly said:

FFS DE! Don't nerf shield gating ! it's pretty much the only good point of hyldrin ! don't nerf it ! And if the point of nerfing it is because everybody is using it in railjack to not die in archwing then thing ok why everybody is using it instead of nerfing it

I think they meant giving shield gating to every warframe. When they announced Hildryn they said they wanted to test it first before giving it to everyone, hence why Hildryn has it (same thing happened with Wukong and melee 3.0 phase 2)

28 minutes ago, Mulchman said:

Massive OOF. This means no new content (at a minimum) until March or longer (3 Kuva weapons don't count as new content).

2020 is not looking good.

You mean how many players were asking for general fixes and reworks of existing content instead of new content? It is not a massive oof, it is a massive YEAH

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

From Self Damage

@[DE]Rebecca

1 : well, about god damn time. now this can go two ways.

Either you delete it, and then left it at that or replace it by something that does not impact on the fluidity of gameplay, as Warframe is a game that goes fast, you don't take the time to play carefully in this game, that will be DECENT, a good counter point to using explosive weapons. but just deleting it altogether would be the absolute best for the weapons, period. i shouldn't have either to restrict my choice of Warframe to only those who can tank damage because of my weapon choice.

and the second, more likely way, because with time, i've seriously grown to doubt about your ability to "accept defeat" we shall say. Just looking at Lich killing you, or finally giving vacuum to every pets. when you are stuck on a position about something, you will do everything to avoid giving the players, the people who play the game, what they want. what i fear would happen is that you delete self damage, but then nerf the weapons to S#&$. which would then accomplish absolutely nothing and we would be back at zero, with weapons that almost nobody uses.

this devstream will be the occasion to see if as developers, the Warframe team finally evolved and will be admitting their fault with this mechanic, era of an old, gone time, for a game that was VERY different from what warframe is now, today.

2 : starting to think about adding in Pexilus mods what people actually, really want. the one you know that would be wanted, not these "more damage or accuracy while gliding in the air" kind of BS. as of now, ammo mutation is of the VERY rare mods that are worth using pexilus for.

3 : pets. peeeets... companions, period. we are in a point in Warframe where they simply cannot survive decently. animals are idiots and will kill themselves. the health system is absolutely obscene, because if you want a tanky animal, you take a tanky frame, otherwise he's gonna get shredded. to add to the joke, if you revive your pet, no invulnerability timer, so they can get shot down on the spot right after being revived.

4 : the archwing delete button that every damn unit and their mothers have on open world places. it's not fun. it's not challenging or encouraging to use different archwings or anything. it's just a "you don't use archwing in combat" , and that sucks. do i also need to remind you one of the archwing you designed is made to be used for combat? this red missile thing needs to go. forever. it was a bad idea from the start, and have always been since now.

5 : Murmur Grind. you need to make it with a way to work on it passively, as in, if i'm on a node that the lich have influence, thralls will be spawning, even if it's not directly into a lich mission. second, the actual way we have now, we shall say, with intensive but so mind numbing thrall farm, as well as drastically reducing the murmur farm, and lastly, giving us a way to power farm the murmur. maybe a way to go fight the lich whenever we want without having to be at the mercy of his spawning RNG. this, plus the way it works actually make it bad to play in coop, making it better to farm thralls in solo. What the hell kind of game design is that?

6 :Kuva acquisition : players want a way to farm Kuva FAST, DE. not an "alternative method with similar gains to survival and others" . no. we need a real, hard, but also extremely rewarding, game mode that will reward loads of Kuva. so that you don't have to grind for an hour just to get a roll on a riven. another proof of your difficulty to admit when it's time to admit defeat, or that you were wrong about something. the rate of Kuva gain is ridiculous, and needs to be changed.

Make Rivens able to be worked on in an actual, smart ways. having progression. you can lock some stats on a riven, and rolling it will cost most kuva. and you can lock EVERY stats. not one or two, all of them. no need for artificial BS just to make the work toward a good riven stupid.

7 : The unholy synergy between Oberon healing abilities and Nekros shadows. correction, anti-synergy.

8 : kitguns : we need an actual shotgun like kitgun, as in, Hek, Strun, Tigris, whatever, as well as a sniper one. primary kitguns?

9 : The ability to queue multiple blueprint of the same items. when will we get the "x100" blueprint ?

10 : you'll have to look at the way you violently and brutally murdered Itzal's first ability, replacing it with what can only be described as a sick, lame joke. and also making blink easier / faster to use, the cooldown just sucks.

11 : Remove the required 5 forma thing to get all the Mastery EXP from Kuva weapons. it's stupid. None of them needs even 5 forma to work on top of that. it should ONLY be used if you want more mod draining capacity, and that's it.  for those who want to go really wild. but forcing people to dump 5 formas on them to get all the mastery exp? that's garbage.

12 : and lastly, the ultimate question : did these 7 years of development will have taught you anything about how to make an update, without having to bring back the SAME patches days, weeks or months after release? because you have up to now repeated the same mistakes very often. the most glaring ones being extraordinarily bad RNG being passed as difficulty, updates being content islands, and not giving us a way to properly progress our way up. these are mistakes that you have done repeatedly, things you should have figured out and learned of, by now.

damn that was a big post/edit.

1 hour ago, (NSW)G.H.O.S.Tdaprod said:

The Devstream is the same day as the new smash bros warframe spirit is released, interesting...

I just realized this "Lotus in Smash Bros" stuff isn't a joke.  Its really happening!

With that exposure the number of Nintenno are going to double soon, if not more.

Is there a possibility of enabling multiple item creation in the foundry? Like, instead of waiting 24 hours for a forma, log in, grab it and start creating the next one, just let us choose the number of formas we want to create, and add up the hours. That way, people that don't have enough time to open the game every day can just leave it, and come back whenever they can, without losing anything. Or if not with formas, at least with refinable mining materials. Having to wait 1 minute, then begin another one, then wait another minute and so on is tedious. Let us choose the number of iterations on the refinement, and we can pick them up later. Of course, I can sit there for an hour and press "craft" every minute, but what I could do, is press craft once, then go on an hour long arbitration or whatever, then come back and get the same quantity of items, without wasting my time.

1. 1. When a Lich shows up for an assist it should leave you w a named token at end of mission so you can evaluate irs performance and track  Lich performance overall. 99%  of the time Im squinting my brains out trying to make sense of the unusual collection of letters that are a name and puff its gone
  2. Almost everyone has an operator, extra slots are a must to have an appropriate looking  operator.  Did I say landing craft. Landcraft must have slots. It is akso quite unfortunate that we can no longer rotate them as we colorize them. It is actually important because we have no way to view our ship in a night view, rotation allows you to better guess how your night view will appear.
  3.  Railjack Needs at least 2 builds 1 for solo and one when you play with others. Its a completely different ball game of a loadout when you plsy with others.
  4. Thats all thst popped into my head. O yea, the silky whiners that say fix stuff instead of add stuff are idiots.I cant think of a time where you have not continually fixed issues w each update and the new stuff is the lifeblood of this game, and you are doing a fantastic job with it.

Will there ever be a Disposition review as a mechanic? The further time progresses, the more Riven Mods fall down a rabbit hole of not respecting investment and looking like a cheap balance system for weapons that could just be innately buffed or nerfed.

Also, will we ever see sentinel weapons separated from normal weapon modding? It's quite offputting that Venari can share the same mods as an equipped Kavat with Khora, or Peacemaker can share the same mods as your secondary, but a Sweeper cannot use the same mods as a Shotgun. A change to this would finally make sentinel weapons worth equipping.

All I want is an update so that my cat can sit on the roomba while I'm in my ship doing whatever or at the very least smack it and I also want my cat to help me catch some fish. Make the cats do more cat things like how they get in the way of self damaging weapons. 

Archived