Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy attack key bind should heavy attack out of any equip state

TANTO_17

The heavy attack keybind should preform a heavy attack when it is pressed. Currently I have my heavy attack button bound to q. If I am using my primary or secondary and I press q nothing happens. I need to hit e and preform a quick attack to enter melee mode and then press q to heavy attack. This just feels clunky and slow. I think the heavy attack keybind should force melee mode. I realize this is probably not an option if you use the same key bind for alt fire for primary and secondaries. However, I think this change would be great for improving the flow of combat.  

Agreed. I'm surprised it's not already like this. With all the changes to make weapon switching faster and more fluid making a direct move to heavy attack is a no brainer (and can save us a mod slot on heavy attack melee builds.)

A perfect example is the pennant. Anyone using the weapon exclusively for heavy attacks can skip using berserker/fury/primed fury without penalty if you transition to the heavy attack from primary/secondary fire without needing to quick melee or use the equip melee bind.

Upvote this and maybe we can make it happen peoples.