Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future Of Old Tilesets

SabreUr

Old tilesets like Corpus Ship/Outpost, Grineer Asteroid base - will these be expanded, or are they left as they are?

Especially defense missions - only Corpus Outpost has more then one defense mission (three if i am not mistaken - Two bridges valley, one with sniper tower and one with river) and i am TBH sick of this "warehouse" thing with big window on Xini or large cave in Grineer Asteroid.

"That Grineer cave is just horrible because ______"

Mind expanding?

Your team that designs the Grineer defense maps always place the protection points in the middle of everything, severely reducing the amount of work Grineer have to do in order to make us lose.

On Corpus maps you are not surrounded 360 degrees trying to guess where the Corpus are.

The pod is in a much more easier to guard safe zone, not to mention the Grineer cave defense has the protection target being like 8 meters tall instead of being about the size of our Warframes or a bit bigger than us.

Edited by Ystella

Mind expanding?

I don't know what EganMC meant, but from my POV:

1. Repetitive. There is only this one map for every defence on every node that uses this tileset. This is also true for other tilesets (Corpus Outpost excluded) Corpus Outpost has 3 maps, and two of them have 3 spawnpoints for Cryopod, which provides a little variety even if i play on one map over and over again.

2. Simple to the point of boredom. It's just large cave. No interesting areas like sniper tower, tunnels, multiple levels and so on (like on other maps). Just few rocks

3. As Ystella stated. Large area without cover, team has to maintain 360 degrees coverage, lot's of running and looking for enemy (most of the time you see gun tracers, not Grineer shooting), defended object is being sniped by Grineer from half of the map. Fun times when those %$#@ Napalms start to arrive. "Good thing" that AI is not smart enough to exploit it and they will close in on core, instead just sniping it from distance whole time.

Edited by SabreUr

Mind expanding?

Apologies for being too blank.

When referred to other defense maps, such as the large corpus setting, where they only have around 2 areas of entry, these ones have a complete area of attack from the Grineer.

While I do like a challenge, sometimes this can be overkill.

Especially since snow globe is barely useful unless they all funnel from a single point.

On top of that, having a single map for every Grineer defense gets boring after a while.

There's nothing interesting in it.

Edited by EganMC

On top of that, having a single map for every Grineer defense gets boring after a while.

There's nothing interesting in it.

There's actually three grineer defense maps: one for Asteroid bases, one for Ships, and one for Phobos. Both the Ship and Phobos ones do the 'defend from all directions' thing much better: the Ship has the defense point up on top of a maze of corridors, so the grineer can't snipe it from range, while the Phobos defense has nice choke points to defend. And neither of them has you defending a giant reactor.

On the origional subject, I think DE might be stealth adding new tiles to old sets: After U10 I started seeing some Grineer tiles I hadn't ever seen before.