Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow tweaks

Sivialus

6 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

Harrow need some tweaks:

1) on his 3 - lower the energy gain, but let it work for affected allies' headshots and kills.

I'd like this, although it should be at a major penalty compared to his own kills.  I also think allies should only feed energy to Harrow, and maybe themselves--but not to other squad mates.

11 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

2) on his 4 - let it count absorbed damage from all affected allies.

Already does this.

5 минут назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

I also think allies should only feed energy to Harrow, and maybe themselves--but not to other squad mates.

But why not? It'll be a good alternative for trin energy restore. Trin doesn't even need to kill anyone (with a headshot) for a massive amount on energy - just to do a single tap.

57 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

But why not? It'll be a good alternative for trin energy restore. Trin doesn't even need to kill anyone (with a headshot) for a massive amount on energy - just to do a single tap.

Symmetrical restore would end up way too passive for my tastes, and I fear that DE would drastically nerf his personal energy per kill capability. 

I really just want enough from squad mates to feel like Harrow's presence means something even when targets are being nuked in front of him.  And to avoid some of those situations where he's got an empty battery and can't jumpstart it without using consumables.

1 минуту назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

Symmetrical restore would end up way too passive for my tastes

Well, Harrow on a mission is already quite busy, constantly watching his shield, timings and energy. Cut him some slack =)

6 часов назад, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 сказал:

How much by though?

It'll require some testing. But this change is not about the values, it's about the complications that Harrow suffer to make his skill actually work. This skill demands you to charge it (spend time doing nothing) and than to kill (broken armor scaling) a target with a headshot (hello, my infested friends) before your party got it first (you are freaking compete with your party for kills!).

13 hours ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

How much by though? Currently he can be built to produce a few 100 to 1000 energy per kill. You would need to give him a big nerf or change how the energy conversion works.

It could mean rebalancing his other abilities too.   Harrow's built around having downtime between not just energy bursts, but also dps and healing.   If he can spend a lot less time channeling Thurible because his squad tops of energy far more effectively than he can, then it call his other buffs into question.  Particularly their durations, I think. 

Having him be even  more effective in teams is a worthy goal, but it would suck to end up with him a lot less effective solo because of team balance.

16 hours ago, Sivialus said:

Well, Harrow on a mission is already quite busy, constantly watching his shield, timings and energy. Cut him some slack 😃

😛

17 hours ago, Sivialus said:

It'll require some testing. But this change is not about the values, it's about the complications that Harrow suffer to make his skill actually work. This skill demands you to charge it (spend time doing nothing) and than to kill (broken armor scaling) a target with a headshot (hello, my infested friends) before your party got it first (you are freaking compete with your party for kills!).

The charge rate is the problem. Your best bet is to put your team between you and the enemy as it charges but other than that.

As for kills, headshots earn you the most but may not be needed depending on your build. I tend to use heavy hitting weapons such as my Lenz.

For me I don't have to worry about competing for kill as I only need the odd kill to recharge the teams energy.