Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New frame Idea: Wraith

(XBOX)Mr VibeCheck210

Wraith A shadow type warframe which indeed will make your enemies fear.                                                      Darkness in a bundle, lashed out on foes 

Armour: 100                                                                                                                                                         A never ending furry with a deadly power

Health: 150 (Max rank: 450)                                                                                                                                   Can you handle the darkness teno,                                                 

shields: 80 (Max rank: 240)                                                                                                                                     Don't be consumed by it.                     

energy: 250 (Max rank: 375)                                                                                                                                                                                        -Lotus

Movement speed: 1.2

Polaraties: Vazarin PolMadurai Pol

aura polarity: Naramon Pol

Passive: every 2.5 seconds you stay in the shadows your power grows increasing your ability efficiency. (max power buff is 100) 

1st Ability: shadow step

When this ability is casted Wraith will turn invisible and into a shadow for 5 seconds increasing your movement speed by 50% per 1.5 energy a second. energy cost: 25

2nd ability: Umbra bulla

Create a bubble on a ally or on yourself that will convert 25% of damage taken into shadow energy. Energy cost: 50

3rd ability: Unbra Foraminis

Cast this ability on a foe and all nearby enemies within a 10m radius of that enemy will be put into a vortex of darkness dealing 10 radiation damage per second (this ability efficiency depends on the passive) (duration: 8 seconds) energy cost: 75

4th ability: Clavis Et Umbrae

When this ability is cast  stalagmites will surge out the ground impaling enemies in a 25m radius dealing 2,500 slash damage. (this ability efficiency depends on the passive) energy cost: 100

(The 4th ability when cast will impale enemies keeping them in place. the stalagmites will recede into the ground after 5 seconds.) 

I'm still trying to figure out how you can get the components. Feel free to share Ideas about how to get the parts and how to make this more balanced. 

Edited by (XB1)Stealthbomb95

You might want to decrease Wraith's movement speed because it is currently as fast as Gauss, whose power set is being as fast as possible.

What is the limit of Wraith's power increase from shadows through the passive?

Has far to high energy that can be stored.

When making passive buffing abilities go for activation and deactivation mechanism abilities, like press to activate and press again to deactivate and while it's active it drains energy. You can make stat boost abilities instants but the timer would have to be quite long so that the cost is worth it.

As for the cost of abilities, if it is instant then: first always costs 25, second always costs 50, third costs 75 and forth costs 100. For those that can be deactivated at will: the first costs -10 energy of what normal first costs so 15 energy, second costs -20 so 30 energy, third costs - 25 so 50 energy, forth costs -50 so 50 energy. 

These numbers can be changed but always try to balance them with the energy drained unless a specific reason is given for the decrease or increase in energy cost, like the one you gave for the third and forth ability.

Could you be a bit more discriptive when describing the abilities? How about for the first ability:

1st Ability: Shadow step:

When the ability is activated Wraith will turn into a shadow, making him invisible and increases his movement speed by 25%. Drains 2 energy/sec. Costs 15.

Edited by Megasupremeprime
  • Like 1

Wraith A shadow type warframe which indeed will make your enemies fear.                                                      Darkness in a bundle, lashed out on foes 

Armour: 90                                                                                                                                                         A never ending furry with a deadly power

Health: 150 (Max rank: 450)                                                                                                                                   Can you handle the darkness teno,                                                 

shields: 80 (Max rank: 240)                                                                                                                                     Don't be consumed by it.                     

energy: 250 (Max rank: 375)                                                                                                                                                                                        -Lotus

Movement speed: 1.2

Passive: For every 2.5 seconds you stay in the shadows your power grows increasing your ability efficiency. (max power buff is 100) 

When this ability is casted Wraith will turn invisible and into a shadow for 5 seconds increasing movement speed by 50% per 1.5 energy a second. energy cost: 25

Create a bubble on a ally or on yourself that will convert 25% of damage taken into shadow energy. Energy cost: 50

Cast this ability on a foe and all nearby enemies within a 10m radius of that enemy will be put into a vortex of darkness dealing 10 radiation damage per second  (duration: 8 seconds) energy cost: 75

When this ability is cast stalagmites will surge out the ground impaling enemies in a 25m radius dealing 2,500 slash damage. energy cost: 100

(The 4th ability when cast will impale enemies keeping them in place. the stalagmites will recede into the ground after 5 seconds.) 

I'm still trying to figure out how you can get the components. Feel free to share Ideas about how to get the parts and how to make this more balanced. 

The theme of the shadow seems interesting to me but I think it is missing, some of his skills are already in the game.

hace 3 horas, (XB1)Stealthbomb95 dijo:

When this ability is cast stalagmites will surge out the ground impaling enemies in a 25m radius dealing 2,500 slash damage. energy cost: 100

It's basically the 4 of Nezha

When this ability is casted Wraith will turn invisible and into a shadow for 5 seconds increasing movement speed by 50% per 1.5 energy a second. energy cost: 25

This sounds like ivara, if you are bothered by the speed reduction is also Loki

This feels vague, it is good to regenerate energy, but I feel that it does not combine with the idea or it lacks a better mechanic, since if I had invisibility I would prefer to walk invisible but I will not be able to regenerate energy since the enemies will not see me, at less if we say that we are alone and cannot give the bubble to another player. If it were visible to regenerate energy, I would have to resist the damage and there is nothing to help me resist it. Perhaps only the bubble has to receive the damage, but it is still a risk to expose oneself without any defense. One suggestion would be for the bubble to reduce the damage we receive or to attract enemy fire in a separate place and convert the damage into energy for the squad. But it's still a bit useless for me.

Cast this ability on a foe and all nearby enemies within a 10m radius of that enemy will be put into a vortex of darkness dealing 10 radiation damage per second  (duration: 8 seconds) energy cost: 75

It seems to me that Vauban and Nidus already do

Good Luck!

Edited by moarmasx

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, (XB1)Stealthbomb95 said:

Honestly I just want to know if people are interested in this so I don't show the community trash... which are all of my concepts 

It just sounds like you don’t really care for the concept. If you don’t care enough to at least come up with a few suggestions people won’t care. Maybe your idea would be good. But just asking if people might be interested in a specific concept is far too broad.

• Like 1

I actually had an idea for a Frame that was sort of a "Lost Prime", like how the Dakra Prime didn't have just a regular "Dakra" weapon before DEX came along, this Warframe never saw mass-production and could only be obtained in its Prime form lost somewhere in the Void.

Sadly it was Time-themed and all its interesting abilities eventually became available in Limbo and the new Protea.

On 2020-03-23 at 12:18 AM, Cobalt313 said:

I actually had an idea for a Frame that was sort of a "Lost Prime", like how the Dakra Prime didn't have just a regular "Dakra" weapon before DEX came along, this Warframe never saw mass-production and could only be obtained in its Prime form lost somewhere in the Void.

Sadly it was Time-themed and all its interesting abilities eventually became available in Limbo and the new Protea.

like this idea well ive been posting since about  2 years ago and nothing so ive stopped posting cuz im like "well in my head it may sound cool but on paper its not" but cool idea

• 2 weeks later...

Armour: 90                                                                                                                                                         A never ending furry with a deadly power

Movement speed: 1

Passive: For every 2.5 seconds you stay in the shadows your power grows increasing your ability efficiency. (max power buff is 100) 

(think of this ability like the power shadow walk from dishonored 2)

Create a protective bubble on a ally or on yourself that will absorb all damage and convert it into energy for you ad your team . Energy cost: 50       duration: 15 seconds

(like baruk status effects will still be inflicted) (depending on the amount of damage you take will be the energy you receive)

3rd ability: Domino

when this ability on a foe all enemies within 10 will be tethered to the enemy and all damage dealt to one will be dealt as well to the tethered. Energy cost: 75      duration: 10 seconds 

4th ability: Tenebris

Surround the world around you with darkness. When cast this ability any enemy within 50m will have their aura shown to you and teammates, and will take 20 damage per second that they are enveloped by the darkness. Energy cost: 100.   Energy per second: 10.   duration: till energy runs out. 

(when the 4th ability is cast you will see everything in black but everything is outlined in white and, enemy auras can be seen through walls. This visual change can only be seen by you) (the 4th ability can be toggled on and off)