Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are crewships able to kill you during slingshot invulnerability?

(PSN)Vodka_Vision_

Really, DE. How are you going to show me as invulnerable, but let the crewships one shot me during an animation I no longer have control over. Even when sling shotting into unaware crewships, they'll become alerted roughly 500m out, shoot me and I'll spawn in the crewship in a downed state. Of course, that's if the slingshot even works and I'm not forced to trudge through fire after exiting through an airlock.This isn't a player not playing right, this is content not working the way you present it. If you intend for players to get onto the ships via slingshot, let them. If you intend to let players get onto the crewships through their door, let them. If you intend players to blow them up with dome charges, let them.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Vodka_Vision_:

And here I thought the crewships punching through invulnerability health bars was to prevent amesha cheese.

They don't do that.
Amesha invulnerability works just fine.
Its just that Amesha is only invulnerable while energy is not full.
Spamming your abilities and keeping energy low will prevent you from being wiped.
And if your energy is full just use your 1st and youll have another shield instance.

I've had this, but it seems to correct itself after my shield is depleted. my health takes no damage, but yeah, it's still weird. then there's the lag you get when you catapult yourself. you press, nothing happens, then a few seconds later (I say a few, longest time waiting was over a minute, yes, a MINUTE!) you finally get the animation and are catapulted.

if you have a decent crew that knows where the forge is, it's just faster and better to use the Forward Artillery, especially post fix. just get behind the crewship, disable it's engines with regular fire, then fire the Forward Artillery right up it's a$$. 1 or 2 shot kill every time. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

No, I was using the slingshot. No abilities, fired from the barrel, taking damage while my HP is greyed.

Your shield will take damage, but your health will not.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Really, DE. How are you going to show me as invulnerable, but let the crewships one shot me during an animation I no longer have control over.

Answer truthfully, were you killed while sling-shotted into a Crewship?

16 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

They don't do that.
Amesha invulnerability works just fine.
Its just that Amesha is only invulnerable while energy is not full.

Not for Crewships, they can one shot through Amesha's Invincibility or deal heavy damage while Invincible. 

Edited by GPrime96

7 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Not for Crewships, they can one shot through the Invincibility or deal heave damage while Invincible. 

Crewships aren't hitting you once, you can check by using Amesha's first ability and watch multiple drones being taken out, as well as listening to the sound effects of you being hit more than once, if you only used Amesha's 4th ability the initial damage from a crewship is simply filling up the energy all the way, and the second set of damage instantly kills due to you losing damage immunity from being full on energy. If you have the defensive stat upgrade from intrinsics and mods you can also survive some of the crewships and you'll see this too, your energy fills up, then you lose ~90% of your HP, and then you die to another set of damage if you didn't immediately use the first ability.