Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Revisited 3.0 - Nyx rework fan concept

Sohaya-

Disclaimer: I am not a Nyx main. I have played her occasionally, but I might not understand certain niches of her kit. If you disagree with me feel free to comment and we can have a little discussion.

The following is an idea for a second Nyx rework that I had as a shower thought. The goal is to make Nyx relevant again in gameplay, while keeping her relevant to her theme. Unlike the rework she received last year, which didn't quite let her make the cut to a "good" warframe.

Passive: Slightly broken at the moment, but once that's patched it would be a decent passive.

Mind Control: Deleted. AI companions are notorious for being incredibly unreliable at damage, and dumping bullets into an enemy to buff their damage is effectively ammo that could be spent killing enemies more reliably. It could allow you to utilise enemy auras yourself, but specters exist, so there isn't much of an advantage in that regards.

Psychic Bolts: Moved to her 1. Have the bolts slow infested enemies by the same percentage (up to 80%) and dispel Eximus auras.

For a new first ability, Psychic bolts provides defense stripping capabilities, which isn't half bad considering Seeking Shruiken and Sonic Fracture are both tied to the first ability. It also doesn't do much versus infested, which is why I added a slow. In addition being able to disable Ancient auras but not Eximus auras doesn't make sense, so that is fixed.

Why is this in theme? When you think of psychic abilities, telekinesis is one of the first things that comes to mind, even though it's not in the definition of being a psychic.

Augment: Pacifying Bolts: Recasting the ability explodes the bolts, dealing 200 radiation damage with a 100% proc chance in a 5 meter radius, in addition to sending out new bolts.

This is much more convenient than the current singular radiation proc that the augment gives, providing a passive mini-chaos and condition overload stack as you refresh your bolts onto the nearest targets.

New 2, Mind Freak: Nyx marks up to 1/2/3/4 targets for 10/20/25/30 seconds. Damaging the enemies or hitting them with her 1 or 3 causes their minds to literally explode in a 2/3/4/5 meter radius, so they just stand there for the remaining duration of the mark (like sleep but without the stealth or fx), creating a damage AoE that deals 100/200/300/400 true damage. Enemies hit by the AoE are staggered, and also take 1.5x damage for the remaining duration of the mark, then linearly less damage until the damage buff is gone for the next 5 seconds.

This fits into her theme of manipulating minds, while also giving her a debuff that doesn't rely on preexisting enemy defenses.

Augment, Mind Rage: Enemies are enraged and move 1.5x faster, but the damage multiplier is increased by 200%.

Think of this as a risk/reward similar to Equinox's rage. But as a singular ability, it has less risk for more reward when you compare this to Equinox.

Chaos stays as is. It's a good ability!

New 4: Telekinesis Nyx fires a projectile that lasts for 8/10/12/14 seconds, or until the ability key is tapped again. Enemies within 2/3/5/6 meters of this projectile when it is cast are suspended in the air (like post rework lantern) . Tapping the ability again flings all enemies to the reticle - contact between enemies and other enemies deals 250/500/750/1000 Impact damage per contact scaling with the average level of enemies in the initial AoE and staggers/knockdowns the not-suspended enemies. While suspension is active, enemy damage instances are attracted towards the projectile and vanish as soon as they enter the AoE, and is dealt back to enemies within 7/8/9/10m of the bodies of any of the enemies that were thrown, as well as the thrown enemies themselves, after being scaled according to enemy level.

Think of this as her current 4, except not centred around her, and it's a scaling damage tool. It also doesn't eat through her energy like nobody's business

Augment: Assimilation. Holding the ability key casts what is currently Assimilate on herself.

Thoughts?

The idea of having the enemies mind explode seems like it would make her orginal 1 more useful. Like at the end of the duration or when the ability gets canceled, it will equip a melee weapon, run towards an enemy, and explode dealing near 100% of the damage you put into the enemy to each enemy in the explosion. The trick is it will only deal all of that damage after 60 seconds of being mind controlled. 30 seconds results in 50% of the damage being released in the explosion.

Same could go for ultimate except a like 5 enemies who survive her 4th will be mind controlled and will explode too on death.

That aould be pretty dope, it would add A LOT of useful AOE damage to her that could make her a lot more fun

Your idea for the 4th i would make it her current 2nd instead cause i like being a bubble for her 4th ability, and taking in buckets of damage before throwing it back out. It just needs to deal more damage and i think using ability duration to add to the damage could make the possibility of this ability dealing a lot of damage more reasonable.

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII