Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag QoL suggestion

Bakahung

It's me again...I hope I don't annoy any of you.But here is my take on Mag.

Mag is one of my favorite frame (next to Titania and Limbo),and she is decent right now.

But some of her flows is just way to annoying to deal with , so here is some little tweaks to make our Mag better.

passive
This thing is kind of pointless nowadays , but I'm not changing it.

Warframe's passive don't have to be good , as long as their kit can fill the blank.

They are more a add on to make frames alive to me.

so , no change.

1. pull

This power is a good quick CC tool , but the directions and speed of those flying enemies are annoying.Also I don't want to pull people out of my Magnetize bubble.

And they still didn't fixed the bug where enemies kill by pull doesn't generate extra energy.

Here's the change 

1)While standing in or behind magnetize bubble,pull will try to pull enemies inside the bubble,and let them stay in it.

When using normally,I don't care where enemies are flying,but I do care when I want to combo it with magnetize.This will help it greatly.

2)pull will not pull people out from bubble.

The worst part about pull for me is they will pull them out my bubble,so let's disable that.They will still take damage though. 

3)enemies affect by pull will drop energy orb in a short time if they are killed. 
     Or
     enemies will have a small chance to drop an energy orb when pulled.

Pull's damage is not high enough to effectivelly kill enemy,so change it to any kill ,as long as they are effect by pull in a short period.

Or just straight out pull energy orb from them ,but with a much lower chance.

4)Augment

We all know Greedy Pull is really meh , other than IO relic farm I guess .so let's throw it into the void and make a new one.

New augment: Precise Pull

Instead of pulling people , Mag will now have 100% (scale by PS) to disarm them .+ 45% range to pull.

explanation:
Not everyone like enemies flying all over the place , specially when trying to kill them.

So now mag will only pull away their weapon , de-power them but not annoying.

But this is just an alternative game style , not good enough for a augment . So + 45% range to pull to improve it.

2.Magnetize

This ability itself is her best in my opinion,so only a small change.

Hold the button to cast it in front of Mag without a target.

Sometime I want to put it in front of a choke point or a defense target , but I need to have a target to do so,and that is sad.

So with this I can put it where ever I want.I need to walk to the place though,this is the trade of.

3.Polarize

Also one of her best ability.But still have it's problem

1) Make the wave travel a little faster.

Base and Max range don't need change , only the speed.This will make it more effective.

2)Make it % base .

For some reason , this is not % base. I'm really shock when I saw this.

My suggestion is make it 40% at base (effect by PS).

This is a awkward number,meaning you need 250% PS to 100% strip armor and shield.But that's the point.

This ability is already doing so many things,strip shield and armor and no LoS requirement.

So if one wants to strip 100% to kill things . they need to specifically build to kill.

Also with my own 200% build,80% strip is already more than enough.

And I guess this argument is also why DE make Nyx need 125% PS to 100% strip.

4. crush
This ability is also doing a lot(CC+Damage+Over Shield) , and it's only not effective because shield is not good.

Only 1 suggestions.

1)Make it scale in some form

As a damage ability this is not doing a lot.Not even kill Lv 70 lancer without armor with 200%PS is sad.

Maybe let it scale by Level?Or max HP?These can be discuss.

So this is my suggestion for mag QoL. I hope you guys don't find me annoying when I post 2 post just in a few hours...

And I still have so much to say , Titania next time maybe...though she is already being change.

Edited by Bakahung
typo

9 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

Here's the change 

1)While standing in or behind magnetize bubble,pull will try to pull enemies inside the bubble,and let them stay in it.

When using normally,I don't care where enemies are flying,but I do care when I want to combo it with magnetize.This will help it greatly.

2)pull will not pull people out from bubble.

The worst part about pull for me is they will pull them out my bubble,so let's disable that.They will still take damage though. 

3)enemies affect by pull will drop energy orb in a short time if they are killed. 
     Or
     enemies will have a small chance to drop a energy orb when pulled.

These changes would let me use Pull more often. The way Pull interact with Magnetize is one of the biggest reasons why i don't use it at higher levels.

I started this game brand new with Mag frame.  But, she was challenging for me.  Now I find it very challenging keeping her "energized."  Her abilities are awesome.  I did an exterminate mission with her recently and for whatever reason, mobs weren't dropping energy and she was always low on energy.  Of all the frames I play with, she seems to be the most "energy greedy" frame.   

12 minutes ago, Electra-VIIX said:

I started this game brand new with Mag frame.  But, she was challenging for me.  Now I find it very challenging keeping her "energized."  Her abilities are awesome.  I did an exterminate mission with her recently and for whatever reason, mobs weren't dropping energy and she was always low on energy.  Of all the frames I play with, she seems to be the most "energy greedy" frame.   

That's just a sad fate of all caster frame. 
According to wiki and in game info , Pull should have a 25% ( scale by PS ) chance to drop an energy orb on kill to help with this , but it's now bug  😞  

Just now, rawr1254 said:

I would LOVE those pull changes. I mean I kinda do that as it is now. I cast magnetize and pull enemies towards it hoping they land in it.

Than they fly too far and land right next to you , give you a panic attack , than one shot you with a gun attack .

On 2020-02-27 at 4:12 AM, Bakahung said:

passive
This thing is kind of pointless nowadays , but I'm not changing it.

Would it be bad to suggest changing it to something equally pointless but at least modern - an innate vacuum to match Ivara's innate enemy radar?

17 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Would it be bad to suggest changing it to something equally pointless but at least modern - an innate vacuum to match Ivara's innate enemy radar?

...sure? But probably not stack with Vacuum and Fetch... Otherwise won't be pointless

Yeah, agreed. We don't need 200% Range Vacuum Mag. XD There's precedent for that - if you equip two Fetches (or a Fetch and a Vacuum) and two Primed Animal Instincts in a Khora loadout, the radars stack but the vacuums don't, but both are vacuums are active and you'll retain vacuum if either the normal companion or Venari dies as long as you still have one.

Edited by CopperBezel

1 minute ago, CopperBezel said:

Yeah, agreed. We don't need 200% Range Vacuum Mag. XD There's precedent for that - if you equip two Fetches (or a Fetch and a Vacuum) and two Primed Animal Instincts in a Khora loadout, the radars stack but the vacuums don't, but both are vacuums are active and you'll retain vacuum if either the normal companion or Venari dies as long as you still have one.

Wait , hold up.
make it stack with mods and scale by power range , and suck up the entire map 😎
JK lol

How bout for the passive in the theme of Magnetism let the passive be bullet jump = the push away everyone has wanted all this time. So like 10m push away on bullet jump and it has the same mechanics as pull that prioritize tracking into a magnetize

All I want on mag is some damage reduction. (I would sacrifice magnetize or pull to get it)  Otherwise....

Magnetize should do a much better job of pulling enemies into her bubble.

Crush should synergize with Magnetize.  Either boost the damage when enemies are clumped together.  Or make crush the ability that clumps enemies together so you can hit entire group with magnetize.  

Mag was my starter, I love mag,  but I cant use her for anything over 30 because of her crap armor that lets her instantly get shredded.  

Shield gating is on the way but I bet she will still suck.  (part of shield gating is giving tenno shields @25% DR...  Mag's passive should be hardened shields where she gets 90-95% DR on her shields)

31 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

How bout for the passive in the theme of Magnetism let the passive be bullet jump = the push away everyone has wanted all this time. So like 10m push away on bullet jump and it has the same mechanics as pull that prioritize tracking into a magnetize

10M is actually quiet large considered it's free.

Maybe 6 like Nova?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

All I want on mag is some damage reduction. (I would sacrifice magnetize or pull to get it)  Otherwise....

Magnetize should do a much better job of pulling enemies into her bubble.

Crush should synergize with Magnetize.  Either boost the damage when enemies are clumped together.  Or make crush the ability that clumps enemies together so you can hit entire group with magnetize.  

Mag was my starter, I love mag,  but I cant use her for anything over 30 because of her crap armor that lets her instantly get shredded.  

Shield gating is on the way but I bet she will still suck.  (part of shield gating is giving tenno shields @25% DR...  Mag's passive should be hardened shields where she gets 90-95% DR on her shields)

Sadly DE probably won't give her that , but with new shield mechanic + her shield regeneration , she could be fine up to of lv100.

Also crush do synergize with Magnatize,dealing 2x damage to the main target(which is pointless because we have gun).I hope it's a little lower but also work with all in bubble.

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Common issue Mag have.