Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Found something really spooky in railjack

FRTE_Ret5o

I was doing a mission i veil proxima(solo), with the public option, so anyone coud join, i can understand even mr 12 or so, but how in the world a mr 5 got in a veil proxima mission?

I know that mr doesnt mach skill, but this shoud not happen, the mission is not a pice of cake. On the bright side he barelly used energy or amo, ramed my ship in a fight while i was doing the misile batery mission, but managed to stay alive(he was inaros btw)

Edited by FRTE_Ret5o

Joining public RJ matches, getting one intrinsic tree to level 7 and clear each nodes to reach Veil Proxima. It's possible and MR 5 is the gate to The War Within, which is not a big hurdle to begin with.

Besides, MR isn't a good indicator or lock for this kind of thing considering we have MR 28 with crap level on skills so it's not something that shouldn't happen

when hosting Veil missions, you need to have at least one Intrinsic at rank 7, but to join a game in the Veil, you don't need any intrinsics, just the bare minimum of an Archwing. 

and if I've said it before I've said it a million times: public matchmaking is a total dice roll, you will get good players, bad players, toxic players, newbs, leechers, AFKers, trolls, and people who speak different languages. as long as your ship can handle the veil by itself though it doesn't matter as much if your squad sucks.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

when hosting Veil missions, you need to have at least one Intrinsic at rank 7, but to join a game in the Veil, you don't need any intrinsics, just the bare minimum of an Archwing.

I think that's only true if you're invited.  I think to join a public match you need to have an intrinsic at rank 7.  I could be wrong about that.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

No, you need the Intrinsics to join with matchmaking. At least you needed when the update dropped.

This is actually quite easy to do. I have seen MR rank 0 in 30+ missions. Some people either don't understand ranking up in MR or just don't care to do it and hit min reqs. Others rush build, tests, and cap out MR way to fast. So yeah MR means nothing. 

Since vail only has an intrinsics req, and MR tests do not have to be completed. You get what you saw.

I've found that MR doesn't mean a whole lot in most cases, especially in Railjack. I was running Saturn last night and had an MR26 match into my crew that didn't know how the forge and resources worked. Did I think he's dumb? Nope. I just assumed he'd not played any railjack and was not familiar with the systems, so I explained them to him. Nice guy; very receptive to instruction. Dude could probably solo Eidolons for all I know but still needed to be taught a system he was clearly unfamiliar with. No big deal, especially because he was willing to learn. MR doesnt mean much.

I'm MR18 and have enough experience to do the MR20 test if I can ever get past this bull-excrement MR19 test. I consider myself average, maybe a bit above average at best. I know how the systems work throughout the game, but I still need help for some things despite being 2/3 the way to MR30. I don't have the skill to solo Eidolons. I have never run a Tridolon hunt, fought Profit Taker or Exploiter. MR doesnt mean much.

All MR tells you is that the player has ground out a lot of frames and weapons, some he likely has less than 30 minutes with total (if leveled via Hydron) and that he can get lucky once to pass the MR tests.

Mastery Rank doesn't mean much.