Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when is the next cinematic quest?

(PSN)zeratul____12

Not that I haven't been enjoying the other added content but it just seems that after The Sacrifice back in 2018 nothing else has been made, which is a shame as i was greatly enjoying the actual story quests. Second Dream, The War Within, and The Sacrifice are easily in the top 20 Quests I have ever played. Has DE made any comments during the Dev streams or have they not really been talking about it? 

No idea. The New War will be a campaign instead of a 1-2 hour quest, so we can rule it out.

Maybe Duviri? 

Again, not sure. If the events can be spread in a more dynamic setting instead of one and done thing it might tell a better story?  But one thing is assured: there will be complains.

Wait wait wait. The New War is gonna be events over the year? So in that sense they can be missed? What happens if I miss out on an event? I assume they will be brought back eventually but still seems like a really bad idea to turn the New War into events instead of a cinematic quest.

Like the others said, The new war will be a series of content drops, as opposed to one big cinematic.

I think Duviri Paradox will be the big ticket quest, and that will likely come early next year, so that they still have something to show off at Tennocon.

8 minutes ago, JazaJ said:

Wait wait wait. The New War is gonna be events over the year? So in that sense they can be missed? What happens if I miss out on an event? I assume they will be brought back eventually but still seems like a really bad idea to turn the New War into events instead of a cinematic quest.

There are a number of ways they could get around this, though we're not sure yet which one DE will take.

Just for demonstration, I theorized that TNW will take the form of a series of map events where you earn some sort of "points" to unlock the next stage in the narrative stream. Once each introduction event ends, it could be replaced by smaller, permanent random events which you could play instead to earn the points.

Again, just for demonstration. We still don't know the exact detail of how this will be implemented yet. Nothing to do but wait for the Operation: Scarlet Spear update to release.

Edited by KnossosTNC